+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Hello Friends,

I got pre-arrival letter mid may and today after a month I got request to submit my parents passport from London office....... two hours after i received another email that previous email" request for passport" was send by error... :( not sure what is going on ..anyone else have the same experience or any idea ???

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
I have the same situation. decision made on sponsorship, didn't received any notification;
recently received received bio, IME request. see my process just under your post.

I assume you will receive bio and IME requests soon! :)
I have the similar timelines. I have received the biometrics and medical examination request. But no confirmation letter for approval of sponsorship.

Let's see, I have raised a IRCC webform query asking for the letter.

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hello Friends,

I got pre-arrival letter mid may and today after a month I got request to submit my parents passport from London office....... two hours after i received another email that previous email" request for passport" was send by error... :( not sure what is going on ..anyone else have the same experience or any idea ???
Wow that is odd

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Hello Friends,

London office should be dissolved due to staff incompetency.

modyrose

Mar 23, 2017
Congratulations!
Did you notice when ecas changed to DM2?
hi can you please confirm how you found out if your parents passed the medicals. I looked at the CIC track your application tool and all it says is ‘medical received’. Does the status update to ‘medical passed’ on the online tool as well? I can’t seem link my parent’s application to an online account- it keeps saying application not found. So I can’t check anything there.
I have also received request for police clearance and other documents like proof of relationship and travel history. Would be correct to assume that means medicals have been passed and the application has moved to next step?

modyrose

Mar 23, 2017
Hi can some please tell me how you found out if your parents passed the medicals. I looked at the CIC track your application tool and all it says is ‘medical received’. Does the status update to ‘medical passed’ on the online tool as well? I can’t seem link my parent’s application to an online ircc account- it keeps saying application not found. So I can’t check anything there.
I have also received request for police clearance and other documents like proof of relationship and travel history. Would be correct to assume that means medicals have been passed and the application has moved to next step?

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I submitted additional docs via MYCIC account and it shoes uploaded. would the status change to reviewed after review or we are not able to see if its reviewed or not

Last edited:

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI
any boy have any idea how long Security check will take according the update from PM :Security and eligibility have not yet started in my parents application. I was wondering if any body has any idea about the process and timeline

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
A few questions to complete the tracker:
  • who are you sponsoring? parents or grandparents?
  • Country of citizenship?
  • Which province are you in?
  • Which visa office is processing your application?
See my answers:
Sponsor my mom
China
Bc
Coco-Mississauga
Btw, I just received sponsorship approval letter today, oct 14, 2021

Reactions: serious_cheese

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
hi can you please confirm how you found out if your parents passed the medicals. I looked at the CIC track your application tool and all it says is ‘medical received’. Does the status update to ‘medical passed’ on the online tool as well? I can’t seem link my parent’s application to an online account- it keeps saying application not found. So I can’t check anything there.
Medical received will not appear until your parents pass medical. MyCIC shows the date of medical pass.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi can some please tell me how you found out if your parents passed the medicals. I looked at the CIC track your application tool and all it says is ‘medical received’. Does the status update to ‘medical passed’ on the online tool as well? I can’t seem link my parent’s application to an online ircc account- it keeps saying application not found. So I can’t check anything there.
medical received = medical passed

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Thanks, I know how to calculate, my question was how much I need to pay for RPRF for dependent, because there is just one fee for dependent is $150, and I paid it in a first half.
Try this link and choose the "Answer Questions to get fees", follow the prompts and add dependents and their number, If paid for dependants already, then choose coming without dependants and get the right amount. Pay that. If you already paid for the dependants before (if I am not wrong), then it already is in GCMS. This new payment will just get updated. My two cents worth of advice and understanding. Hope it helps.

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
i just received the sponsor approval letter today. Hope you get it soon!
I think we are running in parallel due to dates. I got mine too this evening. Along with the request for Quebec CSQ and whole bunch of docs. 75% of which I had uploaded, rest need to arrange, including PCC, travel history and CVs of the applicants.