+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ronakrpatel

Apr 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

May 8th applicant.Finally got request for passports!
However, they had gone back home and now we probably have to submit passports to VFS in Ktm.
Just a quick question. I have already sent an email to New Delhi office advising them that their mailing address had changed since they went back home couple of months back. What is the process like now? Just submit passport in ktm via VFS and VFS will return passports to them? Or is it a courier pick up service for passports? Any insight is appreciated. Thank you
Hi,
Was medical result up to date or did you had to go for 2nd medical? If so, when did you got the 2nd medical request? I am may 9th applicant and i have my medical expired in Nov 2020. I have no correspondence from the Mississauga office since March 2020.

Thanks.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
The lab is located at the bridge connecting metro & T3. I booked rapid pcr 13-14 hours before the departure time. But they advise you to book it 6-7 hours before departure. The result is available within an hour. They(lab staff) said rapid pcr & rt pcr both are valid for canada. You can chat with them on whatsapp. No. is +91 93111 22506. They reply within 1 min or you can send them email & ask questions. RT PCR results are available in 6-8 hours. Fees for rt pcr is 500INR & for rapid pcr, it’s 3900INR
Thank you so much for this information. It is very helpful.

My mom is a widow, living alone in Delhi. She lives in West Delhi, about an hour's drive from IGI airport.

I am trying to see what's easy & convenient for her
- option (a) To book a hotel for her close to the airport
or
- option (b) To book a two way taxi for her to travel from home to the testing centre location a day before the departure.

What type of travel arrangements did you make in your parent's case? Are they local in Delhi or from outside Delhi? What type of test did you book - Rapid or RT?

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Thank you so much for this information. It is very helpful.

My mom is a widow, living alone in Delhi. She lives in West Delhi, about an hour's drive from IGI airport.

I am trying to see what's easy & convenient for her
- option (a) To book a hotel for her close to the airport
or
- option (b) To book a two way taxi for her to travel from home to the testing centre location a day before the departure.

What type of travel arrangements did you make in your parent's case? Are they local in Delhi or from outside Delhi? What type of test did you book - Rapid or RT?
I booked rapid PCR . My parents are from Punjab. So at 6-7 hours drive from airport. They will hire a taxi.They are so excited that they said don’t worry about our comfort

Reactions: kulb

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hey
I saw on my parent's file today that there is an update but there was nothing update, anyone has any idea that what this could be?
and
what is the best way to update their address? Is there any specific website to update it or just the webform? Can someone share the link for the webform, my parent's file is being proceeded at Mississauga.
Thanks

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Hey
I saw on my parent's file today that there is an update but there was nothing update, anyone has any idea that what this could be?
and
what is the best way to update their address? Is there any specific website to update it or just the webform? Can someone share the link for the webform, my parent's file is being proceeded at Mississauga.
Thanks
Same thing Happened to my parents file yesterday. ON MY CIC It said there is an update but there was nothing. However ECAS had changed to decision made.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! thanks for your quick response
I have another question, the validity of visa is based on their medical exam date? or the validity of the passport?
as we are having a hard time making an appointment for passport renewal in our home country.
medical exam date

Reactions: mamiganda

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello! Can anyone provide their experience for the arrival process in Toronto Pearson?
My grandparents are due to arrive soon, but they do not speak much English. I am worried that they will face difficulties due to the language barrier.
Are they required to go to the immigration counter after the customs? If so, where is the immigration counter located in Terminal 1?
Any help is much appreciated!
I think Toronto Pearson or YVR has the same process.

First, check-in with customs, please show them 72 hours covid19 test, customs will check their passport, visa...etc.

After that, they will have to go through Immigration Office (they must go through). In this office, they will be asked a few questions, it is ok if they don't speak English as they will give them a document in their own language and they will read and answer.

After this, they can get their luggage (they can pick up either prior of after immigration) .

The final step is to go through Covid19 testing and getting the Coviod19 test kit to bring home as well.

Please remember to download arriveCAN, you will have more instructions there.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
hopefully mine is in second week still waiting, i am guessing they would finish it with in a month when is see others timeline.
are your parents in India

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
no they are in Afghanistan.. the worse thing is there is no Canadian embassy ..
Oh. may be thats why they are figuring out where the passports would be sent