+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

soho1165

Apr 30, 2019
My Father, who is India, is primary applicant and my mother, who is in Canada, is dependent.

If CoPR comes, do both passports need to go together...? can they be sent and then received separately???

what's the process, can any one please explain?

Kamya18

Sep 12, 2016
Principal applicant application status changed to decision made today but haven't received anything. How long does it take to get a email about the next step? Thanks!

Sukhdevbela

Oct 18, 2019
Hello All,

I am sponsoring my parents PGP 2019. All of their stages (police certificate, medicals, biometrics, financial evaluation etc.) is done and passed we seem to be at the final stages. We just received a letter from CPC Mississauga asking to submit additional docs - proof of relationship (me with my father who is PA) and proof of marriage (between my father and mother who is dependent). They are asking for voter ID cards, Aadhaar cards (me, my father and mother) and my school records (5th, 8th and 10th standard). We have the Aadhaar and voter IDs which match all the details as in the application.

In my old school records (more than 15 years ago), my parents surname is written differently (They stopped using their surname around 10 years ago and used their middle names as surnames - there is no particular reason for this it was just for simplicity). I am wondering if we should not submit the school records at all at it may cause confusion as to why the name is different or it's better to submit them with an explanation letter. Any advice?

I saw other people in this forum also received this request. What did you guys do?

I am in same situation. Can anyone guide please

rohan85

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
My parents were asked (on July 22) to submit new passport copies from the online application page. They submitted the copies today as the new passports were delivered today. They are in Canada presently.

When can we expect the PR confirmation for them?

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Principal applicant application status changed to decision made today but haven't received anything. How long does it take to get a email about the next step? Thanks!
It could take from one week to few months. Sometimes IRCC requests a passport within few days, Some users get it after months.

soho1165

Apr 30, 2019
My Father, who is India, is primary applicant and my mother, who is in Canada, is dependent.

If CoPR comes, do both passports need to go together...? can they be sent and then received separately???

anyone???

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents were asked (on July 22) to submit new passport copies from the online application page. They submitted the copies today as the new passports were delivered today. They are in Canada presently.

When can we expect the PR confirmation for them?
Since IRCC only asked for the copies it means your case is in process. Keep checking online status. After a decision is made you should expect it. Honestly no one knows how much time it will take for PR confirmation.

Reactions: rohan85

bezman

Aug 8, 2021
anybody know when they will be working on re-issuing CoPRs that expired because of CoPR? my in-laws submitted their paperwork in May but they are still in limbo with no communications, other than if you are interested to move.

bezman

Aug 8, 2021
Since IRCC only asked for the copies it means your case is in process. Keep checking online status. After a decision is made you should expect it. Honestly no one knows how much time it will take for PR confirmation.
My in-laws submitted their paperwork in May and are still waiting..

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016

Normally passports have to together. As your mom does not need visa, in this case PA may be able to send only his passport.
Wait for PPR and see the instructions.