+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Kamya18

Sep 12, 2016
Have you received an email for a virtual landing?
Yes! Last night got email for virtual landing. My mom is in Canada and her file was being processed at Mississauga.

application received - June 14.2019
Biometric- December 2019
Medical- feb 2020
PCC- august 2020
Upfront medical for visitor visa- May 2021
Additional Document requests
Re-biometric- august 6,2021
Decision made-august 10,2021
Virtual landing email-august 10,2021

I guess once your reply to their email they willsend link for the portal but want to double check with someone who knows or done this before.

thanks!

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hello Everyone

when I login to my CIC account it shows that the status of my PR application is "submitted" but the status of my old visitor visa (2014-2016) applications for my parents has changed to "Application/profile updated" and when I open them it says status is not available! the status was "approved" until a couple of months ago but then it changed!
I'm May 9 applicant and my parents did Medical in January 2021 and Ankara LVO requested PCC in May 2021. But the background check has not started yet!

Does anyone have a similar experience? Any thought why they have changed?

BTW, I'm positive that I never opened their old visitor visa applications and the reason for the updated status cannot be that I opened them. It just changed by itself in the past two months.

Thanks!

ColinZeal

May 19, 2021
Hello Everyone

when I login to my CIC account it shows that the status of my PR application is "submitted" but the status of my old visitor visa (2014-2016) applications for my parents has changed to "Application/profile updated" and when I open them it says status is not available! the status was "approved" until a couple of months ago but then it changed!
I'm May 9 applicant and my parents did Medical in January 2021 and Ankara LVO requested PCC in May 2021. But the background check has not started yet!

Does anyone have a similar experience? Any thought why they have changed?

BTW, I'm positive that I never opened their old visitor visa applications and the reason for the updated status cannot be that I opened them. It just changed by itself in the past two months.

Thanks!
yes, this is called a "ghost update" and it seems to mean someone is doing something on your file. The times I caught it lately brought me news on the following day: once 1 day before they sent us the pre-arrival services letter and yesterday, before today's eCAS DM for PA, and I also caught one this morning. You should be getting news soon.

Reactions: Hamied and Roya-FSW

Bparekh

Oct 27, 2020
Hi, after many tries I was able to contact IRCC. My parents are in Canada and it’s been updated on their application. Rep informed me that their file has been recently transferred to Delhi visa office. Anyone else experienced that? How long does it take for final decision after transfer?

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
I received second medicals for my parents which were done and sent to CIC. Today I saw the message "Medicals Passed on Aug 9" in CIC account but when I logged on to Ecas, there is no line saying "Medicals received".
This was not the case with 1st medicals. Does Ecas take few days to reflect the change? Thank you!
Can anyone please shed some light? I still don't see any update on ecas.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
yes, this is called a "ghost update" and it seems to mean someone is doing something on your file. The times I caught it lately brought me news on the following day: once 1 day before they sent us the pre-arrival services letter and yesterday, before today's eCAS DM for PA, and I also caught one this morning. You should be getting news soon.
Thanks so much for your response!
But the updates are on my older visitor visa applications which were approved a few years ago! It's not on my sponsorship application...

The status changed to updated about 1.5 month ago and has stayed as updated since then. I have not heard anything back from the LVO after the PCC request in May.

Reactions: IheartCanada

jez.s009

Oct 22, 2015
Hi Guys. Is there any update for applicants whose parents are in Canada and the visa office is Delhi, and who received an email regarding the virtual landing? In the email, it says to submit the webform, and that I did, and after that, there is no further update from IRCC.

Debdas1

Oct 10, 2020
Hi, after many tries I was able to contact IRCC. My parents are in Canada and it’s been updated on their application. Rep informed me that their file has been recently transferred to Delhi visa office. Anyone else experienced that? How long does it take for final decision after transfer?
Hi, my mom is also in Canada with her super visa but no updates so far on her sponsorship application. Her two years of stay under super visa is going to expire soon. Not sure what should i do at this time. BTW, would you please share with me the IRCC contact number?

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Yes! Last night got email for virtual landing. My mom is in Canada and her file was being processed at Mississauga.

application received - June 14.2019
Biometric- December 2019
Medical- feb 2020
PCC- august 2020
Upfront medical for visitor visa- May 2021
Additional Document requests
Re-biometric- august 6,2021
Decision made-august 10,2021
Virtual landing email-august 10,2021

I guess once your reply to their email they willsend link for the portal but want to double check with someone who knows or done this before.

thanks!
can you share the content of the virtual landing email. there are few in this group waiting for Virtual landing emails. @tiwana2555 and I are waiting for this mail. We got DM 2 on July 22, 2021, from NDVO and received PPR a week ago. My mom is present in Canada.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@laxsun Line 278
MyCIC - August 10, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details (but there's no new in the inbox)
My parent is waiting for CoPR to be delivered
That means your parents COPR has been issued. There might be date of validity mentioned in the line.

jez.s009

Oct 22, 2015
can you share the content of the virtual landing email. there are few in this group waiting for Virtual landing emails. @tiwana2555 and I are waiting for this mail. We got DM 2 on July 22, 2021, from NDVO and received PPR a week ago. My mom is present in Canada.
Did you submitted the webform requested by NDVO for virtual landing?