+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

adamparkar

Aug 10, 2021
if your mom will not intend to sponsor him as dependent in the future, then he can refuse taking the test and your mom will be asked to sign an agreement saying that she will not and never able to sponsor him :)

no, he's not going to get PR as you mentioned in application that he will be non-accompanying
but....if he takes the test and they find out he is inadmissible, the applicant will be refused
thanks, i am still confused, would my mom's application be denied if brother does not do medical? any idea why it is required even if he is not allowed to travel with my mom?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
thanks, i am still confused, would my mom's application be denied if brother does not do medical? any idea why it is required even if he is not allowed to travel with my mom?
Why he does not want to go? If he has nothing to deal with. He can go for the test and maybe land with you mom. Or you guys have some conflicts ??
The reason?? As compassion IRCC does not want any dependents leave behind for no reasons. If dependants passed medical and criminals mean there were no reason even if they did not want to come. If they did not pass medical so IRCC may assume principal applicant does not want them go for a purpose.

adamparkar

Aug 10, 2021
Why he does not want to go? If he has nothing to deal with. He can go for the test and maybe land with you mom. Or you guys have some conflicts ??
The reason?? As compassion IRCC does not want any dependents leave behind for no reasons. If dependants passed medical and criminals mean there were no reason even if they did not want to come. If they did not pass medical so IRCC may assume principal applicant does not want them go for a purpose.
thanks, that is not the thing. No conflict but kind of curious that why non-accompanying member receive medical and he could not be dependent right because definition of dependent should be below 18 years old, my brother is 31 years old...so curious to know what to do next? should let him do the medical with my mom and waste the money or only my mom should do it? I would be happy if he gets PR too.

adamparkar

Aug 10, 2021
Just a quick update, my parents have received their passport back with visa and confirmation of permanent residence. We are planning to fly them here in early September.

All the best to the rest of you!
nice, what is the expiry date of visa and how much time it took to get PR?

vs1980

Mar 30, 2015
Hello Admin,

Just notice the update on file. Medical results have been received. Kindly update the sheet and also how long will it take from here to get DM2? LVO - NDVO.

Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
thanks, that is not the thing. No conflict but kind of curious that why non-accompanying member receive medical and he could not be dependent right because definition of dependent should be below 18 years old, my brother is 31 years old...so curious to know what to do next? should let him do the medical with my mom and waste the money or only my mom should do it? I would be happy if he gets PR too.
Did you enter your brother as dependent on the IMM0008 form?

He is not a "family member" according to immigration termology. The definition of dependent is younger than 22 and single.
And family memebers are only PA's spouse/common law partner and dependent children.

So if you have incorreclty include your brother on that form, you will need to upload a corrected form to IRCC and contact them.

He should be removed from that application form and only included as additional family memebers. (IMM 5669)

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
I received second medicals for my parents which were done and sent to CIC. Today I saw the message "Medicals Passed on Aug 9" in CIC account but when I logged on to Ecas, there is no line saying "Medicals received".
This was not the case with 1st medicals. Does Ecas take few days to reflect the change? Thank you!

jqi

Dec 15, 2020
Can you advise how I can get local MP's help to follow up on my parents' application? I emailed the MP's office but haven't got any response. Should I keep calling and emailing?

Avii297

Jul 26, 2019
Hi Guys,

I need some help here.

I received this email today, can anyone please explain what this means:

This is specifically on my mother name.

"Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your eMedical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the Panel Physician who performed your immigration medical examination. In exceptional situations, you may utilize the services of another panel physician used for Canadian immigration examinations (http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx). Exceptional circumstances include: moving to a new location making it difficult to visit the original panel physician, or the original panel physician is no longer available. The Panel Physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out and will forward the results directly to this office.

We recognize that you may have some difficulty in accessing the health professionals required to meet this request due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, please contact the Panel Physician to determine when they will re-open post COVID -19, for an appointment to comply with this request at the earliest.

IRCC will not close or refuse applications in progress due to a lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time, such as completing an immigration medical exam or completing the request in this letter. Please visit the following link for more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Please do not reply to this email. If you require more information regarding your application please contact the visa office responsible for your file.

Many Thanks,

Avii297

jqi

Dec 15, 2020
Hello Vasanth,

My mother Biometrics were done when her PR application was submitted. I

Advise for everyone here, get in touch with your MP. They are sitting there for you. My mother's application was submitted in 2018 and it got delayed for unknown reasons/COVID. MPs have a private line to IRCC minister's office and they will get the answers faster than IRCCs webform. My mother application was stuck on security check for good 6 months and after contacting Minister's office for the second time, we got 2nd medical and PPR within 2-3 weeks,
Just send them an email with your true story (such as your parents are alone back home and they are too old to travel etc) and follow up with them every month or so.

Hafeez
Can you share how you got your MP to help with your case? I emailed my MP's office but I haven't received any response. Should I call them or keep emailing? Thanks!

adamparkar

Aug 10, 2021
Did you enter your brother as dependent on the IMM0008 form?

He is not a "family member" according to immigration termology. The definition of dependent is younger than 22 and single.
And family memebers are only PA's spouse/common law partner and dependent children.

So if you have incorreclty include your brother on that form, you will need to upload a corrected form to IRCC and contact them.

He should be removed from that application form and only included as additional family memebers. (IMM 5669)
this is what reply i was looking for, thanks...

Reactions: YVR123

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi Guys,

I need some help here.

I received this email today, can anyone please explain what this means:

This is specifically on my mother name.

"Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your eMedical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the Panel Physician who performed your immigration medical examination. In exceptional situations, you may utilize the services of another panel physician used for Canadian immigration examinations (http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx). Exceptional circumstances include: moving to a new location making it difficult to visit the original panel physician, or the original panel physician is no longer available. The Panel Physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out and will forward the results directly to this office.

We recognize that you may have some difficulty in accessing the health professionals required to meet this request due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, please contact the Panel Physician to determine when they will re-open post COVID -19, for an appointment to comply with this request at the earliest.

IRCC will not close or refuse applications in progress due to a lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time, such as completing an immigration medical exam or completing the request in this letter. Please visit the following link for more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Please do not reply to this email. If you require more information regarding your application please contact the visa office responsible for your file.

Many Thanks,

Avii297
They want to do some extra tests for your mom. Was everything normal on her exam?
It could be that she had some scars in her chest x-rays and they may want to do extra tests to rule out TB (this is very common, a lot of us got this) OR there might be something else which they want to check.
Ask your mother to go to the panel physician, only they can tell what is required.

Reactions: Avii297