+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

mnprt92

Jun 15, 2021
How can you check that status ? Mine only says in process, I can’t check if the background has started yet or not.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has anyone experience this with their online application. I logged in yesterday and today and my mum in processing application is missing. There is no profile in the account. Before if i log in it would have all the information like application number, biometric info etc and status of the application. But now i cant even find any application under her profile.

What should i do??
They are having issues with the website today.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,
I am asking on behalf of my friend.
My friend applied for his mother (PGP-2019), his father decided not to come to Canada (since he has to take care of his mother who is very sick and old). In his application, he did not filled any form for his father.

That being said, he has this question:
Now he received request to submit form IMM-5406 as it was deemed to be incomplete. Does he has to submit it for only his mother?

TIA
Your friends father must be included in the application, he/she must meet LICO including the father in family size and he must pass the medical.

Ghgh2014

Sep 9, 2014
it says we are processing your background check for mine.
Same for Mine. It was like this (we are processing your background check ) even before my father-in-law does his biometric (June 14), because my mother-in-law already had her biometric in the system.

ECAS still says "In Process".

Last edited:
Reactions: Verooney

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Columns J, K and M are blanks in your case. If you have them, they may help others.
@laxsun Weird, I shared all that information before.
I checked the tracker and I can see the information under column S. Please update the correct columns, as i do not have write access to the tracker.
PCC/additional document sent Nov 19|Bometrics done Nov 25| IME booked for Jun 12 2021
PCC and additional documents were requested by cic on Nov 4th.

Additional requested documents were: Police clearance certificate, Resume, travel history IMM5562

Last edited:

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
I finally figured it out! And have now successfully linked my application to GCkey. For the number of people in the application, it was both my parents, myself, and my husband/co-sponsor (4), NOT just my parents (2), and NOT including our daughter (5) even though she's included for the financial part obviously... I now know the UCI numbers for my parents but there's nothing else to note. "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility".

For anyone else who's still waiting on sponsor approval after 2+ years, will they require more documents from us to show we are financially able to support the parents?

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
Hey guys anyone know when they say background check pending Wht usually they do in background check as I already provided them pcc from my country what else do they do in background check??

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys anyone know when they say background check pending Wht usually they do in background check as I already provided them pcc from my country what else do they do in background check??
in my case, a new quest for background check.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I finally figured it out! And have now successfully linked my application to GCkey. For the number of people in the application, it was both my parents, myself, and my husband/co-sponsor (4), NOT just my parents (2), and NOT including our daughter (5) even though she's included for the financial part obviously... I now know the UCI numbers for my parents but there's nothing else to note. "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility".

For anyone else who's still waiting on sponsor approval after 2+ years, will they require more documents from us to show we are financially able to support the parents?
never seen a request of financial proof prior but as stated in the guide, you need to maintain income for 3 years.

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014

ClaudiaHo

Jan 3, 2019
Hi all, my status in IRCC account has been updated to approved! It says I should be reading the message “below“ on the webpage but I don’t see any new messages or letters received in email so a bit confused on what details to follow. Anyone know what should I expect as the next step?
My parents has submitted the requested passport and info to VFS office in Hk and was told to be expecting an expressed package from IRCC. Is that package going to be the COPR?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi all, my status in IRCC account has been updated to approved! It says I should be reading the message “below“ on the webpage but I don’t see any new messages or letters received in email so a bit confused on what details to follow. Anyone know what should I expect as the next step?
My parents has submitted the requested passport and info to VFS office in Hk and was told to be expecting an expressed package from IRCC. Is that package going to be the COPR?
That means your COPR and PR Visa are issued with this approval. COPR comes with the passport. The date may appear in the approval line that is the validity of COPR.

Last edited: