+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
It looks like sometime in the last month or 2, we went from "application received" to "in process" but when I click on "in process" it still just shows that the application was received in June 2019.

I've tried many times to link this application to my GCkey account to see more details and it's never been able to find the application... does anyone have any tips? I only have the application number, not a UCI yet for my parents. THANKS!

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
It looks like sometime in the last month or 2, we went from "application received" to "in process" but when I click on "in process" it still just shows that the application was received in June 2019.

I've tried many times to link this application to my GCkey account to see more details and it's never been able to find the application... does anyone have any tips? I only have the application number, not a UCI yet for my parents. THANKS!
You can link to GCkey Account by Application number. I hope you are entering number of applicants correctly as it includes everyone including sponsor and co-sponsor.

Reactions: rs33

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
You can link to GCkey Account by Application number. I hope you are entering number of applicants correctly as it includes everyone including sponsor and co-sponsor.
Ah, I've always just put my dad and my mom (2) for number of applicants. That is something to try. Except now I can't access the form... I log in and it takes me to the screen English/French, I select English, and takes me to the main help page... This happens often when I've tried this that I get stuck in some sort of internet loop.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
As it's been very long since I sent my application, I thought I'd ask for help here.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 12, 2019.
2. We sent you medical instructions on February 18, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3.Medical results have been received.

I also filled two ATIP on Feb and May. The concerning issue with the results was that:

Assessment:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not started
HIRV:
Criminality: In progress
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Paper File: CPC Mississauga

Can Anyone provide me with a way I can follow up on why security is not started? Any phone number?
sounds like my case, they are processing police clearance after medical pass. If police clearance is good, you will get the result very soon.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sure many have seen this letter. The wait continues but at least I know that we are qualified for permanent residence. Hopefully, all of our applications will be processed soon as a lot more have been vaccinated.

Hello,

We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify
to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These
services are only available to you before you enter Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider
organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend
that you use pre-arrival services. They can help you to:

• Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada;
• Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates
recognized in Canada;
• Connect with employers; and
• Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including
language training, after you arrive in Canada.

Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal
government or the provincial or territorial government of your destination:
You will need to provide a copy of this letter when you register with the service providers
listed on the IRCC website.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
IMM 5801E (01-2021)
Canada.ca/pre-arrival-services

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ah, I've always just put my dad and my mom (2) for number of applicants. That is something to try. Except now I can't access the form... I log in and it takes me to the screen English/French, I select English, and takes me to the main help page... This happens often when I've tried this that I get stuck in some sort of internet loop.
try it from a tablet or phone, it worked for me. I got the same message while assessing from my browsers, I then clear everything including password and all cache files then sometimes, it works.

Reactions: rs33

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
try it from a tablet or phone, it worked for me. I got the same message while assessing from my browsers, I then clear everything including password and all cache files then sometimes, it works.
Clearing the cookies helped. Ran out of tries so will try again tomorrow.

I have also not had in success in the last year changing my parents' address. They moved to a different apartment in their building. I've submitted the form online several times, emailing the Paris VO (a guess because so far their application hasn't moved beyond AOR), and never heard back, never been updated. And I can't change it online because it's outside Canada...

Ghgh2014

Sep 9, 2014
I am sure many have seen this letter. The wait continues but at least I know that we are qualified for permanent residence. Hopefully, all of our applications will be processed soon as a lot more have been vaccinated.

Hello,

We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify
to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These
services are only available to you before you enter Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider
organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend
that you use pre-arrival services. They can help you to:

• Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada;
• Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates
recognized in Canada;
• Connect with employers; and
• Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including
language training, after you arrive in Canada.

Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal
government or the provincial or territorial government of your destination:
You will need to provide a copy of this letter when you register with the service providers
listed on the IRCC website.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
IMM 5801E (01-2021)
Canada.ca/pre-arrival-services
Amen ;)

kishna

Dec 5, 2008
Try different browser or private mode. I find the issue mostly happens with chrome. I have better luck with Firefox

Reactions: danny_scars

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
Its been a month that showing DM1 in ECAS but received SA letter yet, contacted twice and an agent put a note on file regarding sending SA letter. Still nothing.
What should I do?
Also no additional documents or PCC requested however, I have sent PCC on Feb 2020 (proactively ) before my parents left their country and since March 2020 they are here. Do you think they will ask for another PCC as its expierd

Thanks for your help.