+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
What is a ghost update? And how we should turn on notifications to see if there is a ghost update on our file?
I also found out the automatic telephone system from call center provides a bit more detail about your application. I called it today and found out they started the background check on my application and that was the reason for the ghost update.

Reactions: Budi07

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
I also found out the automatic telephone system from call center provides a bit more detail about your application. I called it today and found out they started the background check on my application and that was the reason for the ghost update.
So what do you see in your myCIC account under background check?
Mine shows the following:
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Have Ankara asked you for PCC yet?

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
So what do you see in your myCIC account under background check?
Mine shows the following:
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
same as you, but it's been like that since the beginning which is misleading.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
no but I sent them the PCC and travel history forms a while ago through webform
I did the same earlier this year around the time that they did the medicals but I got the request again...
Ankara VO is a mess :mad:
Even in their email address Ankara is misspelled as "Ankra"! I initially thought it's a scam email but then call center confirmed it

Reactions: Verooney

KP4188

May 27, 2015
I am not sure about the opening of VAC in India but if you cannot get biometrics done in 30 days, just send an explanation letter to IRCC. They will consider the situation.
Thanks, @laxsun.

I have received a medical request today and DM1 status change to - Decision made. Please update the timeline for #813.

Thanks again.

Reactions: laxsun

Intangible

Dec 1, 2011
Calgary
Application has been at CPC Mississauga since the beginning. Mom has been here on supervisa for 3 years. Extended stay one time successfully last year. Another extension applied in May.
My mom's medical was extended on June 11, 2021. I got a letter in MyCIC on 30th June 2021, that her application is being transferred to New York office. My mom has never been to the US, never applied for any visa or anything. Basically has no ties whatsoever with the US. Can anyone shed some light on why this would be done?
I ordered GCMS notes yesterday.

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
London Visa Office. I understand that DM1 is through the email and not on ECAS.

Also waiting for next steps after first medical pass. I think they are processing cases whose 2nd medicals are now being finalized.
Thanks. So 2nd medical is not for every applicant. Since covid and files that were delayed got 2nd Medical. With the situation easing there wont be 2 medical unless medical is over 1 year?

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Thanks. So 2nd medical is not for every applicant. Since covid and files that were delayed got 2nd Medical. With the situation easing there wont be 2 medical unless medical is over 1 year?
Yes. 2nd medical is required once the first one gets expired after 12 months. I think some of the medicals were extended for cases that were nearing completion, perhaps for those people who were in Canada. Someone also posted a news on this forum yesterday that now 2nd medicals won't be required for applicants who are in Canada; in case this scenario applies to your situation.

Reactions: Uzzi

pgp2020iran

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Temporary public policy exempting some foreign nationals in Canada from requiring an immigration medical exam
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/temporary-public-policy-exempting-some-foreign-nationals-canada-requiring-immigration-medical-exam.html

Reactions: Uzzi