+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

galaxyman

Oct 10, 2019
Hello!
Finally got a response from IRCC about mailing in our passport page copies and photos, in order to get COPR issued to us. After two years, we are June 2019 applicants.
We (applicant and spouse) live in the USA. The letter from IRCC gives two options, one if you do have a mailing address in CA and the other if mailing address is in the USA.
It is easier to use our sponsor's Canadian mailing address, less cumbersome to Xpresspost to IRCC from Canada and get COPR back to Canada address.
Question is, is there any difference in what the COPR might say or the process involved, if we arrange to send from a Canada address and they send COPR back to the Canadian address, as opposed to using our US address?
Don't want o complicate anything at this last stage!
Thank you for any insights or experience you can share.

Reactions: morinda

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Does the passport request letter come as an Information letter? it is a 5-page letter. any response will be greatly appreciated.

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
You must submit together: 1. One copy of this letter.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. Photos MUST meet the precise specifications found in the link below or in Appendix A at the end of this letter. If you submit photos that do not meet the exact specifications, your package will be returned to you. www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
4. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.
5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants

What to submit for number 5.

galaxyman

Oct 10, 2019
STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
You must submit together: 1. One copy of this letter.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. Photos MUST meet the precise specifications found in the link below or in Appendix A at the end of this letter. If you submit photos that do not meet the exact specifications, your package will be returned to you. www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
4. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.
5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants

What to submit for number 5.
This was exactly the version of the letter I got on June 4. There was no return mailing address included in that letter. I asked via webform, and I got another letter a couple of days ago, similar but does not ask for height/eye color. No idea what is going on. The letter included address(es) in Ottawa to mail the pp page copies and photos ...

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello!
Finally got a response from IRCC about mailing in our passport page copies and photos, in order to get COPR issued to us. After two years, we are June 2019 applicants.
We (applicant and spouse) live in the USA. The letter from IRCC gives two options, one if you do have a mailing address in CA and the other if mailing address is in the USA.
It is easier to use our sponsor's Canadian mailing address, less cumbersome to Xpresspost to IRCC from Canada and get COPR back to Canada address.
Question is, is there any difference in what the COPR might say or the process involved, if we arrange to send from a Canada address and they send COPR back to the Canadian address, as opposed to using our US address?
Don't want o complicate anything at this last stage!
Thank you for any insights or experience you can share.
Congratulations! When was your DM2 and PPR date to put in the tracker?
COPR may not be different but IRCC will assume that you are already living in Canada if mailed from the Canadian address.
There will be only virtual landing and no PR visa will be issued (you may not need one as a US citizen).
Normally you sign the COPR when you land in Canadian port of entry and the process is complete.

galaxyman

Oct 10, 2019
Congratulations! When was your DM2 and PPR date to put in the tracker?
COPR may not be different but IRCC will assume that you are already living in Canada if mailed from the Canadian address.
There will be only virtual landing and no PR visa will be issued (you may not need one as a US citizen).
Normally you sign the COPR when you land in Canadian port of entry and the process is complete.
Thanks. Maybe better not to muddy the waters by using Canadian address.
Latest PPR request letter dated June 29, and also now showing DM2 on ecas (just checked; must have been updated June 29 also?).
First ppr letter was received June 4 but did not give address where pp page copies and photos were to be sent ....

Reactions: laxsun

arpit0718

Jan 10, 2015
Hello Everyone, My parents just got the medical request. We havent done the PCC yet. Should i wait for PCC request or do it upfront and upload?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Everyone, My parents just got the medical request. We havent done the PCC yet. Should i wait for PCC request or do it upfront and upload?
Better to do medical as PCC request may take time. You have to get appointment with panel of Physician for medical check and there must be time limit.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
@Roya-FSW @Godzilla9 This is the response to my inquiry from Ankara, absolutely useless!

This is in response to your recent E-Mail enquiry.
You will shortly be receiving a passport request letter once all the statutory requirements have been met.

Tried calling the call centre, it says you can call 8am-4pm local time but couldn't get through.
The call centre will not be able to help you after the application is in VO, so better don't waste time trying to get through.

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
@laxsun please update the spreadsheet. PPR received on June 30, 2021. Line #122.

Thank you.

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
This was exactly the version of the letter I got on June 4. There was no return mailing address included in that letter. I asked via webform, and I got another letter a couple of days ago, similar but does not ask for height/eye color. No idea what is going on. The letter included address(es) in Ottawa to mail the pp page copies and photos ...
The letter clearly mentioned that the passport needed to submit at the nearest VFS. not sure what to do with the following instruction: "5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants ". I hope a simple letter mentioning the information would be fine. Is there anyone else who received the same instruction? what was your response?
any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thank you.