+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
I have a question about IMM5562 E.
In the letter from London office it says:
IMM5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels for you and your accompanying dependants. This must be received at this office by: 2021/07/09
In the form it says:
The principal aplicant must complete this form.

This line is really confusing, since I don`t undestand, is this form must filled out by principal applicant only, or for spouce and dependant too?
Please advise.
everyone on the application

ClaudiaHo

Jan 3, 2019
Hi Claudia, my mother received similar letter in April as well, and she's also not in Canada.
She has completed her ME at the end of April and finally last week MyCIC updated that she passed the ME.

When did your MyCIC update your parents' ME status after the 2nd ME was done, and when did ecas update the information? How long did it take from ME passed to DM on ecas?

My apologies for these many questions. Thanks
the 2nd ME pass by May 25 and i received request in Apr as well, and submitted by Mid May i believe. DM was showing since June 21, so it seems it is about one month for DM to show after 2nd ME, though DM updated only a few days after i received the pre-arrival letter. I think overall, signs are CPC-M finally pushing things along. With the easing of rules for new COPR holders entering canada, i think many of us will have major updates soon!

Reactions: naticom

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help
Hi guys
ECAS chend to DM for sponsor on june08 but not recived SA letter yet (expecting email ).
Is it normal?

When is additional document requested? Is it requested through SA letter or separate email? I was wondering even after Medical they can request additional Docs or usually medical is tge last step?

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Do we have to submit the updated schedule form (IMM-5569) for all the applicants or just for the principal application?
Do we have to submit the supplementary information - travels (IMM-5562) form for all the applicants or just for the principal application?
>>everybody older than 18 y/o

On my CIC portal, I only see one file can be uploaded per form? How do you guys submit multiple forms when it is only accepting one file?
>>i only have one applicant so haven't done it myself but, if u can only upload one file, i'd try to merge documents into one. i use this website when i need something similar: https://www.ilovepdf.com/merge_pdf

For the signature, does it have to by done by hand? Should my parents print the form, sign in and scan it? Please advice?
>>IMM5669 needs a "wet signature" so yes, fill out electronically, print, have everybody sign it with a pen and scan it :)
I connected with my consultant and found something interesting:

The one required for sponsorship application is the second one below and it doesn't require a wet signature, and only required electronic signature.

There are two types of IMM5669 -> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

The second form is what we have to use because IMM5772 is the kit we have used for sponsoring parents -> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Last edited:

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
On my CIC, I only see the place to upload IMM5669 for the principal applicant. The upload button only takes one file.
How are you guys uploading the forms for other parents or dependants?

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
I connected with my consultant and found something interesting:

The one required for sponsorship application is the second one below and it doesn't require a wet signature, and only required electronic signature.

There are two types of IMM5669 -> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

The second form is what we have to use because IMM5772 is the kit we have used for sponsoring parents -> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
interesting. when i sent my app i used the IMM 5669 - to be quite honest, i didnt even know there was a eIMM 5669.
and back in 2019 i remember several people having to re-send said form after only signing it electronically - without the wet signatures. There are several posts here about this form and signature requirements here is one after a quick search on this thread.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Your first medical request came in jan 2020 but than it was passed in may 2020! Thats what u mean
@ayaan2019 and others: Please try to refer the tracker for details whenever possible.
This thread has a lot of useful information for many of us. Let us try to minimize the number of messages.
The search button in the upper right corner is quite useful to find information.

@jotgrewal for DM2, only ecas changes and no any document is sent. Just wait for PPR.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
On my CIC, I only see the place to upload IMM5669 for the principal applicant. The upload button only takes one file.
How are you guys uploading the forms for other parents or dependants?
Have you tried to fill up IMM5669 for the PA. Once you start filling up your question will be answered itself.

gh6506

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Hi, guys, need help:

My wife is living in canada, and i`m in China. If we receive ppr, can we submit our passport separately from different countries?

Thank you!

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help
Hi guys
ECAS changed to DM for sponsor on june08 but not recived SA letter yet (expecting email ).
Is it normal? How long dose it take from DM1 to SA letter?

When is additional document requested? Is it requested through SA letter or separate email? I was wondering if even after Medical they can request additional Docs or usually medical is the last step before DM2?