+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Budi07

May 21, 2015
Good Morning Guys,
Please help !!!!
Need a sample resume for parents. if anyone can send it back to me.

Thanks
From searching the forum some titles for what be included but not full sample.
“think a resume should have these sections........FULL NAME, ADDRESS, CONTACT DETAIL, EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE (previous jobs, also state if unemployed, a student, etc).”
Best wishes

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
file received on June 20, 2019, still stuck at in process. Zero progress at all! Approaching 24 months since file received, any one else in the same boat?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

I just received sponsorship approval letter, looks like the letter states below requirements. When submitting the application, all of these were already submitted. Do I need to submit these again?

Thank you

Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:  Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include all pages of the passport.  Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately. Biometrics requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp  Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:  The country where they currently live; and  Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable). Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country's law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it. Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.  Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp  Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562): The principal applicant and all family members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.  Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable.  CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.
Note:

If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi Folks,

I just received sponsorship approval letter, looks like the letter states below requirements. When submitting the application, all of these were already submitted. Do I need to submit these again?

Thank you

Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:  Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include all pages of the passport.  Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately. Biometrics requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp  Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:  The country where they currently live; and  Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable). Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country's law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it. Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.  Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp  Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562): The principal applicant and all family members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.  Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable.  CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.
send a note to ircc that you have submitted these already

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on October 22, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
We are with CPC-M stil Waiting......

Reactions: serious_cheese

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
To my surprise I checked in my CIC account she passed the medical
That medical survelliance letter you have mentioned earlier is for the process after your parents land here in Canada. If they are here in Canada already, IRCC will start monitoring after virtual landing.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi Folks,

Thank you

Not sure you have submitted police certificate during application. It is valid only for six months in most cases.
Also most of us did not include military service and CV/resume of parents during application.
My advise for you is to make a checklist and prepare all the documents to be submitted.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi,
Just like to ask your opinions on what to do. My mom’s passport is expiring on Jan 2022, she passed her medical on Sept 2021 but we haven’t heard since. Could we renew her passport already and sent a web form that its updated?
Thanks for your help! :)
If you can renew her passport you can do that now. It may take sometime to get passport request because of covid situation.

truemad

Jan 27, 2019
I got my documents returned from the Montreal office (financial capacity) stating that I need to pay $293, even though I attached a "payment by credit" form authorizing $410 (I am sponsoring both of my parents). Did I get it wrong? It should be $293+$117, right?
Did they just miss the fact that I am sponsoring two persons?
I am not sure what to do, exactly. I've printed 3 "payment by credit" forms with $410, $293, and $117 and wrote a letter explaining why.
Going to drop this off tomorrow. Do you think it's worth calling them? Not sure if they can help over the phone.

So far I've lost 1 month because of that, it hurts.

Edit: adding a link to the calculator of the fees:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/requirements-sponsor/fees.html

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
I got my documents returned from the Montreal office (financial capacity) stating that I need to pay $293, even though I attached a "payment by credit" form authorizing $410 (I am sponsoring both of my parents). Did I get it wrong? It should be $293+$117, right?
Did they just miss the fact that I am sponsoring two persons?
I am not sure what to do, exactly. I've printed 3 "payment by credit" forms with $410, $293, and $117 and wrote a letter explaining why.
Going to drop this off tomorrow. Do you think it's worth calling them? Not sure if they can help over the phone.

So far I've lost 1 month because of that, it hurts.

Edit: adding a link to the calculator of the fees:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/requirements-sponsor/fees.html
You can call them and verify what reason returning the application

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
ok i just entered the MyCIC upload document section and found out CIC wanted my mom's proof of ME, but I didn't get any email notification about this request. Anyways, I've written an letter of explanation which attached the receipt and information sheet that the hospital gave to my mom. This is very weird as during her first ME she didn't have to upload this.

Is it normal that after upload it's showing "not submitted to IRCC"