Med's Done....
June 1, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I requested for gcms notes since Ive not received update for my moms application. Do you what this means "This application has been reviewed by SPCL Advance Analytics and has passed eligibility for both sponsor and principal applicants."? It was updated only last May 4,2021. Do you think I will be receiving the COPR anytime soon? Thanks!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Mexico is awake!! :cool:

@robertp @YULIA-2016 @serious_cheese @laxsun line #301

Biometrics and PCC requested on May 27. Sent to CPC Mex May 30.

Medicals were done on Dec 20, 2020 and received by CPC-Mississauga Dec 23. I had them done in advance as my mom's visa and passport had expired and she is in Canada. I sent a webform to CPC-Mexico requesting that they add the medical done for the visa extension to the PGP application on Jan 30 and it was acknowledged on Feb 3.
Back in February I have not received confirmation that they had accepted the December medicals but ECAS now shows it as "Medical results have been received."
Looks good for you. Tracker is updated.
Is there date of medical results received. That may be available in MyCIC.
Was there any date of medical request?

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Looks good for you. Tracker is updated.
Is there date of medical results received. That may be available in MyCIC.
Was there any date of medical request?
Thanks for the MyCIC tip! It says:
Review of medical results
  • May 27, 2021 You passed the medical exam.

Medicals were never requested as I sent it in advance when I had them done to renew mom's visitor visa in Canada :)

Last edited:

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Need inputs/help:
My parents sponsorship application, received on June 25, 2019, still at AOR stage and no movement.
My parents are in Canada on Visitor visa for last 1 year and I have applied for their extension, IRCC asked for medical which was done and accepted

Question:
My mothers visitor visa which is valid for 10 years, is expiring as well. Can we apply for Visitor Visa for her (not the extension) from within Canada or she has to return to home country to apply for same?
Thanks!
My mom's super visa also expired in Oct 2020 and when I inquired, I was told I could only extend her visitor status from within Canada. In other words, to get another 10 years she would need to leave and apply again.
Now, with that said, we we were already half way through PGP process and even with a 10 year visa she can only stay for up to 2 years at a time (and you never know how long the border officer will allow them to stay, might be as short as 6 months) I decided to just extend her visitor visa - for a year.
You seem to be on the same boat so hopefully this helps :)

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hey everyone, hope everyone is doing good.

I have a problem please address ASAP if you can help. Thanks.

My mother got PCC request recently from London office. We got the PCC from home country and since shes in Canada on super visa for over 2 years so need PCC for Canada. When we went to request her PCC they took her biometrics (finger prints) since shes 60+ her finger prints weren't coming properly. Tried several times but still her prints on the fingers are missing. They took finger stamp on paper but not sure RCMP will accept or not.

What should be done now?

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hello Everyone, Looking for urgent help. We received request for medicals and PCC + forms from London Office. Can someone tell how to get PCC from Karachi ? My friend went and they applied online and gave him a tracking ID.. Its more than 20 days now and haven't got the PCC.. Should i email London office and request extension for another 30 days ? Can someone please share your experience how to get the PCC from Karachi. Thanks.

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
My mom's super visa also expired in Oct 2020 and when I inquired, I was told I could only extend her visitor status from within Canada. In other words, to get another 10 years she would need to leave and apply again.
Now, with that said, we we were already half way through PGP process and even with a 10 year visa she can only stay for up to 2 years at a time (and you never know how long the border officer will allow them to stay, might be as short as 6 months) I decided to just extend her visitor visa - for a year.
You seem to be on the same boat so hopefully this helps :)
Hi, thanks for taking time to share your inputs.
What I understand is, even if the visitor visa(TRV) expires, visitor extension can be sought.
We have already applied for extension twice but my understanding was you need to have valid TRV to apply for extension but reading your post above, I understand that even if your TRV is expired, you can still apply for extension from within canada and can be granted. Thanks!
@danny_scars

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi, thanks for taking time to share your inputs.
What I understand is, even if the visitor visa(TRV) expires, visitor extension can be sought.
We have already applied for extension twice but my understanding was you need to have valid TRV to apply for extension but reading your post above, I understand that even if your TRV is expired, you can still apply for extension from within canada and can be granted. Thanks!
@danny_scars
oh absolutely. twice i extended my mom's stay with expired visas, one in 2016 that she was here on a V1 and then last year with the Super Visa.
Now I never extended it consecutively, more than once from within Canada. But if you already done it twice, I can't see why they would bug you for extending a third time. Plus your PGP is from June 2019, right? soooooo close!!! Good luck!

Reactions: dm31810

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hey everyone, hope everyone is doing good.

I have a problem please address ASAP if you can help. Thanks.

My mother got PCC request recently from London office. We got the PCC from home country and since shes in Canada on super visa for over 2 years so need PCC for Canada. When we went to request her PCC they took her biometrics (finger prints) since shes 60+ her finger prints weren't coming properly. Tried several times but still her prints on the fingers are missing. They took finger stamp on paper but not sure RCMP will accept or not.

What should be done now?
u shouldn't send PCC from Canada, only countries where your mom spent over 6 months (within the last 10 years) except Canada :)
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4

Reactions: serious_cheese

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
are we sure about this? in the link it says no. but didnt mention which category. If not then will IRCC or CBSA conduct police check on it own to determine there is no criminal history in Canada?
hehehe I just sent you the information from CIC's website. Your options now are to call their call centre or search this forum as you will find several posts saying the same thing :)

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC