MyCIC update:
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date: 2021-05-19Date:
PCC request:2021-05-19
Additional document / travel history request date :
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :the "decision made" date for the sponsor (me) does not show up on e-CAS, I'm using the date I received the SA letter

Reactions: serious_cheese

crown.parth

Aug 19, 2014
Hi Admin,

I am looking for guidance on my parents PGP application:

Local Visa office: New Delhi
Biometrics completed: December 19, 2019
Medical Completed and received: September 3rd, 2020

They are still waiting for passport request.
1) Does anyone know if New Delhi office is sending out the passport request?
2) Is there any way we can call Visa office or CIC for follow up on the application?
3) Could they arrive here on visitor visa and then transfer their application to Canadian visa office?

Thanks

daving

May 20, 2021
After a long wait my mother (in Iran) has received her passport request letter. She did her biometrics in Dubai, but the passport letter says to submit her passport to the "nearest VAC" and includes a link to the Turkey VACs. The Turkey VACs are only accepting passports by courier at this time (as expected), but after contacting them to confirm the process they said they do not provide courier services outside Turkey, and we must pay a fee to transmit the passport to the Embassy, and another fee for 1-way courier (but only within Turkey).

Does anyone have experience with sending a passport to Turkey from a different country? Many of the VACs will only use their own couriers, and it's unclear if we're able to use our own 2-way courier from/to Iran into Turkey.

The Dubai VAC site says they will only process visa applications for people with residence permits issued by UAE and Abu Dhabi, so that doesn't appear to be an option.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Reactions: Roya-FSW

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
After a long wait my mother (in Iran) has received her passport request letter. She did her biometrics in Dubai, but the passport letter says to submit her passport to the "nearest VAC" and includes a link to the Turkey VACs. The Turkey VACs are only accepting passports by courier at this time (as expected), but after contacting them to confirm the process they said they do not provide courier services outside Turkey, and we must pay a fee to transmit the passport to the Embassy, and another fee for 1-way courier (but only within Turkey).

Does anyone have experience with sending a passport to Turkey from a different country? Many of the VACs will only use their own couriers, and it's unclear if we're able to use our own 2-way courier from/to Iran into Turkey.

The Dubai VAC site says they will only process visa applications for people with residence permits issued by UAE and Abu Dhabi, so that doesn't appear to be an option.

Thanks in advance for any tips!
Can you please share your timeline?

daving

May 20, 2021
Sponsored: Mom
Province: BC

Email invite: April 24, 2019
Paid fees: June 3, 2019
Application received (ecas): June 7, 2019
AoR: Sept 19, 2019
Medical instructions sent: December 24, 2019
Medical results received: Feb 25, 2020
Request for additional documents (death certificate of spouse): Dec 4, 2020
Medical passed: April 18, 2021
Started processing application: April 23, 2021
Passport request letter: May 18, 2021

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015

you can contact courier services within Iran, they will take your passport to Ankara and pick it up and deliver it to you after it's stamped.

jqi

Dec 15, 2020

Which office processed your mother's case?

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
i was in same situation for super visa for my parents, as for as i know you can not send passports across borders they must be summited at the same country or someone else can summited on their behalf and get it back on their behalf , but please ensure that that persone can collected back ...............my parents are living in Afghanistan they summited their passport in VAC office in Pakistan in person back in 2018 for super visa , but a friend of mine collected back the passport from VAC office on their behalf….

please keep us upto date how you will get this one, since i am also in this satuation if my parents get their PR....

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013

Hi dear! Congratulations!
My application is also being processed in Ankara and I'm so happy that they are back to work!!
Did they ask for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) for your mother?
Did she do two medicals? your medical passed date is a year after your medical dome date.

Thank you

Last edited:

Filzah

Oct 28, 2017
Hello, my parents got a request to complete their medical. We have been trying to reach Karachi and Islamabad centers but their phones are not working. I have emailed them the information to book the appointment. My question, is anyone going through the same thing? How long it takes to give an appointment?
Thanks

Filzah

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got the request for Medical and an email to submit updated forms.. My parents are in Karachi, the issue is nobody is picking up the phone at the numbers given on CIC website to schedule the appt. Any idea how else to book the appt ?
There is an email they gave on the voicemail. I sent the information there to book the appointment but have been waiting for 4 days now. Please keep sharing if you make any progress.

daving

May 20, 2021
Hi dear! Congratulations!
My application is also being processed in Ankara and I'm so happy that they are back to work!!
Did they ask for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) for your mother?
Did she do two medicals? your medical passed date is a year after your medical dome date.

Thank you
Thanks! But no, I do not believe they asked for a PCC.
They did not ask for a second medical, as we worried they might, they just flagged it as passed without comment even though it was past the expiry date.

@jqi: Her case is being processed by CPC-Mississauga

@Verooney: Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear! Though @agfed's comment concerns me. Does the courier require a specific form in order to submit/retrieve the passport on my mother's behalf? I suspect this situation arises often enough that there are courier companies well versed in providing the service, but it's nice to be sure.

ssaansari

Jul 15, 2008
Karachi - PK
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please just send email with detail and wait I emailed them on 7th May and get response on 19th May

Hello, my parents got a request to complete their medical. We have been trying to reach Karachi and Islamabad centers but their phones are not working. I have emailed them the information to book the appointment. My question, is anyone going through the same thing? How long it takes to give an appointment?
Thanks