+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

pgp2020iran

Star Member
May 4, 2021
After a long wait my mother (in Iran) has received her passport request letter. She did her biometrics in Dubai, but the passport letter says to submit her passport to the "nearest VAC" and includes a link to the Turkey VACs. The Turkey VACs are only accepting passports by courier at this time (as expected), but after contacting them to confirm the process they said they do not provide courier services outside Turkey, and we must pay a fee to transmit the passport to the Embassy, and another fee for 1-way courier (but only within Turkey).

Does anyone have experience with sending a passport to Turkey from a different country? Many of the VACs will only use their own couriers, and it's unclear if we're able to use our own 2-way courier from/to Iran into Turkey.

The Dubai VAC site says they will only process visa applications for people with residence permits issued by UAE and Abu Dhabi, so that doesn't appear to be an option.

Thanks in advance for any tips!
Hi, there are travel agencies here in Iran that do the pick up visa, you can give your mother's pass and letter of authorization and consent letter to them, they take your documents to Turkey in person and from there they send them by courier to VAC and receive them back by courier and then take them back to Iran in person. but please give your documents to an agency that has good background.
If you send the passport to UAE, since your Visa Office is Ankara, Turkey, VAC in UAE should send your pass to Ankara and get it back and deliver it to you, it takes a long time and of course additional fees. So send them to Ankara

Last edited:

fortgirl

Jun 22, 2019
it seems like a joke but like an hour later we have received the IME and the PCC request, lol. after 1.5 years with no update, the day I posted on this forum is the day they woke up. :D

is it possible to put our case on the tracker?
Good for you! I’m also a May applicant (May 1st) still stuck on biometrics request since last summer but we were biometrics exempt.

Hoping for a similar miracle to yours!

ColinZeal

May 19, 2021
Good for you! I’m also a May applicant (May 1st) still stuck on biometrics request since last summer but we were biometrics exempt.

Hoping for a similar miracle to yours!
We seem to be among the longest to be taken care of from 2019, I am a bit surprised to realize that when looking at the tracker but then again... some people have to be the last ones on things.

It's crazy, I was gathering the dates for the fields on the tracker, logging in and out of MyCIC and in one of those times, there were new messages. lol

tiwana2555

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
My remedicals passed since 14th April 2021

Ndvo 13 May 2019 applicant

Everything passed in GCMS notes

I don't know whats happening

Feeling so stuck now

The due date in notes was 31st May 2021
But I guess its all BS

Reactions: serious_cheese

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
When should i be worried after the hospital uploaded ME report and I have yet to see the ME passed on MyCIC? I fxxking hate the hospital. My mom's MER deadline was May 18, she went to the hospital on Apr 29 but they waited until May 11 to upload the report and now it's May 21 already but MyCIC still says they still haven't received my mom's ME report.

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When should i be worried after the hospital uploaded ME report and I have yet to see the ME passed on MyCIC? I fxxking hate the hospital. My mom's MER deadline was May 18, she went to the hospital on Apr 29 but they waited until May 11 to upload the report and now it's May 21 already but MyCIC still says they still haven't received my mom's ME report.
As long as you completed the ME within 30 days, no worries about the deadline.

MArshi

Dec 9, 2020
Such a sigh of relief.

Received the following from London today. Please update my entry on Google Sheets.

- Medicals for principal applicant and dependant
- PCC request
- Schedule A / Background Declaration
- IMM 5406
- IMM 5562
is this ur first medical request? Timeline plz

shaks999

Jul 31, 2018
Received the following from London VO today. File submitted June 11, 2019. Can someone please advise how long it takes (Avg.?) from this point on once we have submitted docs and medical?

- Medicals for principal applicant and dependent
- PCC request
- Schedule A / Background Declaration
- IMM 5406
- IMM 5562

ANOTHER QUESTION REGARDING PCC from PAKISTAN:
If the applicants have lived in two provinces (Sindh and Punjab) within the country since age of 18 (few years in each), do we need a Police Certificate from both provinces OR just the current place of residence would suffice? Thanks!!

hjstannum

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
A question regarding PCC, is it required for residence in another country for more than 6 months, that was as far back as 30+ years ago?

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hi, I have received PCC request today for my parents from the London VO. I have the following question and appreciate if someone could please answer the question:

Do we need to provide PCC's for them since the age of 18 or for the last 10 years? My parents are old and it will be too difficult to provide PCC's since the age of 18.

Here's the text of the request that I received:

Updated police certificates from all districts/areas for yourself, your dependent spouse and all dependent children who are over 18 years of age. They must be from ALL the districts and areas where residence was for more than six months. If you have recently (within the past 6 months) submitted a police certificate to our office, please take this opportunity to resubmit that police certificate.

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Hi, I have received PCC request today for my parents from the London VO. I have the following question and appreciate if someone could please answer the question:

Do we need to provide PCC's for them since the age of 18 or for the last 10 years? My parents are old and it will be too difficult to provide PCC's since the age of 18.

Here's the text of the request that I received:

Updated police certificates from all districts/areas for yourself, your dependent spouse and all dependent children who are over 18 years of age. They must be from ALL the districts and areas where residence was for more than six months. If you have recently (within the past 6 months) submitted a police certificate to our office, please take this opportunity to resubmit that police certificate.

Can you, please share you timeline? not seeing you in the spread sheet.