+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
I am frustrated and nothing else . there is literally no answer what so ever. The processing times are limbo, call centers answers are useless. What to do , seem like there is like literally no movement what so ever what is the hold up how come some files are moving like flash and then there are files sitting at application received status for such a long time 20+ months and no answer how long the back ground checks can take and what are the they looking in there to check ? I asked the agent and if there is any time frame i mean will these files be completed this year at all or not or when can we expect something
Hey am in the same boat as you. I have been waiting for my moms passport call since 2020 Jan. Last update is they are doing background check in india and it's more than a year for that now. Her visa office is mississauga. Are you at the same stage?

Reactions: amanpreet.kaur01

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have done this. They keep telling me I’m not authorized on the file so they won’t make changes.
Have you explained that you were a co-signer on a PGP application and need to withdraw your name as a co-signer? Very strange that you can't withdraw your financial support but if you can't who is the representative on the file? Your spouse? A consultant? Have you tried contacting your local MP and explaining that you are having difficulty withdrawing your financial support from a PGP application. That may be the best option to help you solve the problem.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey am in the same boat as you. I have been waiting for my moms passport call since 2020 Jan. Last update is they are doing background check in india and it's more than a year for that now. Her visa office is mississauga. Are you at the same stage?
That isn't an unusual timeframe when compared to other applicants.

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
That isn't an unusual timeframe when compared to other applicants.
Okay but am wondering if I can call my mom here since she's alone instead of waiting for her background check to finish. She has multiple entry visa and since her vo is mississauga wouldn't it be easier that ways. Thanks in advance.

Rubal876

May 10, 2021
HI can anyone help me we applied under 2019 grand parents sponsorship and got file number in October 2019. But till to date have not heard back anything. Is it normal or is their any phone number that I can call or any way to push the file up.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Okay but am wondering if I can call my mom here since she's alone instead of waiting for her background check to finish. She has multiple entry visa and since her vo is mississauga wouldn't it be easier that ways. Thanks in advance.
We are in the same situation June 5, CPC-M. My parents recently came here on visitor visa before the flights closed from India.

smed74

Nov 9, 2012
Hello Forum Members

I would appreciate your feedback and guidance. I had applied for PGP-2019 for my mother, it was an in-land application. Application was accepted and received letter on Dec 3, 2019 from CPC-Mississauga saying that Application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2019.

After that I have not received any further update or communication. Is there anyone in the forum with similar situation? When can I expect further communication or letter from CIC or CPC-Mississauga and what would be that letter about ? Please advise how much time is it taking for the PGP-2019 inland application to process?

Thank You & Best Wishes

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Checked my GC account, nothing there, looks like they missed me, hopefully I am in a next batch for docs request.
I was not missed in this batch of emails, but got only pre arrival letter, nothing for updated docs.. so my wait looks much longer then

Reactions: misterbmw

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
My parents COPR expiring soon but because of travel ban , they cannot travel from india ? whats the next step ?

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Have you explained that you were a co-signer on a PGP application and need to withdraw your name as a co-signer? Very strange that you can't withdraw your financial support but if you can't who is the representative on the file? Your spouse? A consultant? Have you tried contacting your local MP and explaining that you are having difficulty withdrawing your financial support from a PGP application. That may be the best option to help you solve the problem.
Yes, I have explained that I am the co-signer. I am also the representative and am still hitting a wall. I think my MP might be the way to go. They cannot force me to continue this process.

Almondjuice

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Line 475, Almondjuice,

Second ME passed May 7, received a correspondence letter on May 10 with IMM0535.

I missed 2 phone calls from an unknown number, and the message they left said it was from CIC. I am not sure if it is a Scam and I tried to call CIC hotline, but there is no one picking up, they just hung up after 6-7 minutes of waiting and hearing the options.

Anyone has met a similar situation? Is the call really from CIC and what is it about?

Any insight will help. Thanks.

Reactions: laxsun

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
We are in the same situation June 5, CPC-M. My parents recently came here on visitor visa before the flights closed from India.
Oh okay. Are they going through background check as well? Everytime I call immigration this is all they say.

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Line 475, Almondjuice,

Second ME passed May 7, received a correspondence letter on May 10 with IMM0535.

I missed 2 phone calls from an unknown number, and the message they left said it was from CIC. I am not sure if it is a Scam and I tried to call CIC hotline, but there is no one picking up, they just hung up after 6-7 minutes of waiting and hearing the options.

Anyone has met a similar situation? Is the call really from CIC and what is it about?

Any insight will help. Thanks.
I don't think cic calls individually. All their correspondence is through email only. It could be a scam.