+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Finally London started processing cases, it`s about time!
Have you not been watching the news? The UK has only recently been open after a very severe lockdown which is why there has been limited movement. That is why we have suddenly seen a lot more activity

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@laxsun; @robertp or anyone.
Please advise, my mother completed her re-medical on April 03, 2021. However, my CIC account states that IRCC did not receive medical results. Panel physician says he submitted on April 13. I am very much frustrated. on May 24 it will be a full 2 years.

The call center is not reachable. NDVO is not reachable might be closed due to covid-19. Neither i have received any furtherance nor a medical pass.

what options I do have to know what happened to my mother's medical.
Expect that there will be decause of shutdowns India. Her medical is likely in a pile waiting tobe examined before being approved or having a request for further testing. Don’t worry the expiry dates will not apply due to the closures.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Got MEI for my mother at May 07, she's in Canada on visitor visa and her VO is London, UK.

Question: not able to find any appointment exam until mid Aug but in that Medical Instructions they stated
"You are required to undergo the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result
in the refusal of your immigration application."

Anyone has experience when their parents are in Canada and booking medical exam?

Regards,
Nadeem
Would book the appointment and then send in a webform explaining that that was the earliest appointment available. IRCC is likely already aware of the issue and has been very flexible knowing it has been difficult to meet deadlines due to covid.

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Have you not been watching the news? The UK has only recently been open after a very severe lockdown which is why there has been limited movement. That is why we have suddenly seen a lot more activity
I don`t watch TV and especially msm, thanks for your clarification, much appreciated!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don`t watch TV and especially msm, thanks for your clarification, much appreciated!
Not just on TV. The UK variant which lead to the UK having to shut down for numerous months, overwhelmed the NHS and lead to many deaths of younger people have been in mainstream and non mainstream media (tv, print, social media, etc.). The effort to vaccinate the UK population as fast as possible has also been in the news.

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Guys, in the Supplementary information you travel form - the question

"List all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since
your 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago)."

for my mother who is 65 years so in this forum I should give the travel history of last 10 years right as the question says of residence in the last ten years?

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
How do I withdraw my support from an application? Every time I use the web form it tells me I’m not authorized to access the file but I’m the representative.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Guys, in the Supplementary information you travel form - the question

"List all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since
your 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago)."

for my mother who is 65 years so in this forum I should give the travel history of last 10 years right as the question says of residence in the last ten years?
Yes, since your mother is 65 years old, it will be last ten years for her, and not since her 18th birthday. The 18th birthday option will be taken by someone who is under 28 years of age.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How do I withdraw my support from an application? Every time I use the web form it tells me I’m not authorized to access the file but I’m the representative.
Would send a webform to IRCC. You would want confirmation in writing that you are no longer wanting to be a sponsor or co-sponsor for your parents or in-laws. It must be done before your parents/in-laws land in Canada.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
I am looking to apply for supervisa for my mother, as it seems like my sponsorship application is stuck.

I am requesting her to do upfront medicals for the supervisa to speed up the process. my question is will that medical be valid for sponsorship application, or will IRCC ask me to do it again?

thanks.

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Would send a webform to IRCC. You would want confirmation in writing that you are no longer wanting to be a sponsor or co-sponsor for your parents or in-laws. It must be done before your parents/in-laws land in Canada.
I have done this. They keep telling me I’m not authorized on the file so they won’t make changes.

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
Hello, I am a brand new Canadian Citizen. I have a mother who lives in India and is a widow and I have my younger sister (unmarried) who is also with her in India and I want to sponsor them so that can come and live with me in Canada. I have my own place, a good job, and can support them. If someone can guide me as to what I can do and what the process is and how i can start an application for them so that they can come over here as landed immigrants.
Any advice and help will be really appreciated.
Thank you.

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hello guys, am still waiting for my moms application to move forward. Application date was June 6 2019 and all formalities done except background check happening since Jan 2020!!! Anyone in same boat as me? Her visa office is cpc-mississauga.her first medical expired and they never asked to re do it and I had asked them on phone and the guy said that's ok. Also, if anyone can pl answer this: once flights open can my mom who has multiple entry visa come even though we are waiting on her passport call only? Will she get her passport request in canada or India as her office is mississauga? Will appreciate any response.