Feb 8, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi Guys,

My parents application was approved last year in March, but they couldn't travel here because of Covid. I commenced with IRCC last year and they assured me that once they can travel, send them an email and they will give further instructions.

Yesterday I got email from IRCC requesting my parents to do metical exam within 30 days. I am so confused, they did and passed the medical exam last year, and then their applicantion was approved.

Why do they need to do medical exam again? anyone heard of this?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Guys,

My parents application was approved last year in March, but they couldn't travel here because of Covid. I commenced with IRCC last year and they assured me that once they can travel, send them an email and they will give further instructions.

Yesterday I got email from IRCC requesting my parents to do metical exam within 30 days. I am so confused, they did and passed the medical exam last year, and then their applicantion was approved.

Why do they need to do medical exam again? anyone heard of this?
Medial is usually only valid for 1 year.

Reactions: SharleenALEX

shaks999

Jul 31, 2018
Hello All and applicants at the London LVO, yes, there is movement from the London visa office. Following requested today to be submitted in 30 days:
1. PCC
2. Medical
3. Schedule A
4. IMM5406 Additional Family Information
5. IMM 5562: Supplementary Information
Hi @Hamied and @nadeem55 - great to hear about the updates from the London VO. I have not heard anything from the London VO yet (June 11 date received docs) but am optimistic that at least things are starting to be looked at now..

Pls keep us updated on your respective cases..

Thanks!

Reactions: Iryna K and Hamied

PunjabiDeadpool

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Line 475, Almondjuice,

Second ME passed May 7, received a correspondence letter on May 10 with IMM0535.

I missed 2 phone calls from an unknown number, and the message they left said it was from CIC. I am not sure if it is a Scam and I tried to call CIC hotline, but there is no one picking up, they just hung up after 6-7 minutes of waiting and hearing the options.

Anyone has met a similar situation? Is the call really from CIC and what is it about?

Any insight will help. Thanks.
Are your parents in Canada?
the call may be for verification purposes. They usually left a voice mail.

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
Hi @Hamied and @nadeem55 - great to hear about the updates from the London VO. I have not heard anything from the London VO yet (June 11 date received docs) but am optimistic that at least things are starting to be looked at now..

Pls keep us updated on your respective cases..

Thanks!

Hope you'll get soon, fingercrossed!

Reactions: Iryna K

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
Hello Nadeem. Same here, I also got the IME request today but there are no dates available. Any ideas for booking the appointment early!
Today I finally booked her appointment for May 31th, try booking a date out of GTA from panel physician website.

Almondjuice

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
I don't think cic calls individually. All their correspondence is through email only. It could be a scam.
thanks. I tried to call CIC to get more confirmation but can not get through.

I am worried that I missed a real CIC call because just a few minutes after the second call, I got an update on MyCIC, which is a form with no instruction. I will keep calling tomorrow to see if i can get through.

Almondjuice

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Are your parents in Canada?
the call may be for verification purposes. They usually left a voice mail.
No, they are not in Canada.

They did left a message but only say they are from CIC and it is for the PGP program, no more information, no call back number, and no details mentioned at all. They did say that they would call again in 15 min but never called.

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, they are not in Canada.

They did left a message but only say they are from CIC and it is for the PGP program, no more information, no call back number, and no details mentioned at all. They did say that they would call again in 15 min but never called.
If IRCC called you, it would be a "No caller ID" call. So no call back number is available for sure. You could try to call them in the morning as early as 8am. That would be easy to get through.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Line 475, Almondjuice,

Second ME passed May 7, received a correspondence letter on May 10 with IMM0535.

I missed 2 phone calls from an unknown number, and the message they left said it was from CIC. I am not sure if it is a Scam and I tried to call CIC hotline, but there is no one picking up, they just hung up after 6-7 minutes of waiting and hearing the options.

Anyone has met a similar situation? Is the call really from CIC and what is it about?

Tracker updated.

Reactions: Almondjuice

jqi

Dec 15, 2020
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Line 475, Almondjuice,

How long does it take for the second medical to be approved after the examination is done? Thanks!

Reactions: serious_cheese

Zsoni

Jun 21, 2020
Hello guys, am still waiting for my moms application to move forward. Application date was June 6 2019 and all formalities done except background check happening since Jan 2020!!! Anyone in same boat as me? Her visa office is cpc-mississauga.her first medical expired and they never asked to re do it and I had asked them on phone and the guy said that's ok. Also, if anyone can pl answer this: once flights open can my mom who has multiple entry visa come even though we are waiting on her passport call only? Will she get her passport request in canada or India as her office is mississauga? Will appreciate any response.
Mine 5th jun 2019 same

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
Are you sure it is DM for the entire application and not just for the sponsor?
It was decision made for the sponsor but my immigration consultant said they haven’t got anything

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Today I finally booked her appointment for May 31th, try booking a date out of GTA from panel physician website.
Hello Nadeem, I thought you were able to get an earlier date. I actually had my mother's medical today. What you should do is that just keep looking at online booking. Spots keep appearing as people often get their's cancelled.