+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Waaaaaaaiting

Dec 1, 2015
Hi. I see many folks are getting COPRs for 2019 applications - Congratulations!!!

I applied for my parents and the application was accepted in June 2019. What should I be expecting in terms of getting their COPR?
- The CIC website says 20-24 months - seeking information based on actual experiences of folks here with family sponsorship applications (for parents)

Reactions: serious_cheese

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
Hi. I see many folks are getting COPRs for 2019 applications - Congratulations!!!

I applied for my parents and the application was accepted in June 2019. What should I be expecting in terms of getting their COPR?
- The CIC website says 20-24 months - seeking information based on actual experiences of folks here with family sponsorship applications (for parents)
I am june 2019 applicant as well. Even though it says 24 months when i call cic agent they are like it is just an estimate stating 80% of files we hope complete in that time others may take longer. I am in the application received status .

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Since I missed the phone call, there will be an email with instructions that follows right?
Did you receive your COPR yet? FYI, we received ours today by the old school method not the electronic one. We’re glad with the old method as I understand lots of people are having problems getting their eCOPR with some technical glitch on the new system. Hope you will receive yours soon.

Grvndr

Sep 9, 2014
Hi everyone
I need advice on an unusual situation I am facing.
I have been trying to link my mother's application for PGP 2019 with her GCKey Account. But even after entering all the required details, it gives me error "application not found in our records". I tried multiple times but everytime same response. Has anyone faced similar situation?

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
Hi everyone
I need advice on an unusual situation I am facing.
I have been trying to link my mother's application for PGP 2019 with her GCKey Account. But even after entering all the required details, it gives me error "application not found in our records". I tried multiple times but everytime same response. Has anyone faced similar situation?
I did but the agent helped me advised me to stay on the line until it links, I used my mother's passport information along with the application number

ghnboy

Nov 22, 2016
Finally today, in ecase, PA status changed from DM to Complete
xxxx entered Canada at Etobicoke IRCC on January 27, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.

Still no CoPR email yet or whatsoever.. What should I be expecting now?

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
I am losing hope, do we think they will be able to complete the file in at least in 2 years? I have not received anything other than AOR , agents are like they might be sending everything soon but also say the last note on file say it is ready for processing when in queue. Anyone else got this answer?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Finally today, in ecase, PA status changed from DM to Complete
xxxx entered Canada at Etobicoke IRCC on January 27, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.

Still no CoPR email yet or whatsoever.. What should I be expecting now?
First of all congratulations!
Now call IRCC and find the mode of CoPR they have issued. You may ask the officer to resend the copy of CoPR as you have not received while on ecas it shows - Complete. Also please check the gckey account and your mail box.

joyus

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Just wondering when does the status change to complete in the IRCC website not ECAS, when passport is send to Delhi for stamping? Does it change to complete only after landing in Canada?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
I am losing hope, do we think they will be able to complete the file in at least in 2 years? I have not received anything other than AOR , agents are like they might be sending everything soon but also say the last note on file say it is ready for processing when in queue. Anyone else got this answer?
Please don't be disappointed, be positive that at least you are able to sponsor the parents in 2019. Now it is totally luck because it's on lucky draw and only 4-5% lucky will get the chance to sponsor their parents. I am really sorry to know about your father,may GOD give you all the strength to bare this irreparable loss.
Being you are in the last group of applications submitted in 2019 and due to overall delay due to pandemic and further second wave in Canada, Ontario have seen a lock down with stay at home bla bla so many reasons the overall process has lost. Still there are applications pending from April end and May 2019 due to one or the other reasons. Now in the mean time you try to process for refund the fees you paid for your father. Hopefully the application will be processed within 2 years period still 5 more months. Recently I have seen some applications have been picked up and completed within couple if months. All the best!

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Just wondering when does the status change to complete in the IRCC website not ECAS, when passport is send to Delhi for stamping? Does it change to complete only after landing in Canada?
Yes, once landing is done only then the person become permanent resident and the application gets complete.

Reactions: joyus

Corky1225

Jan 22, 2021
hI!

Just want to ask which courier did you use when you send your package application as ups & fedex can't deliver to po boxes?