+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Mahe

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Hi
they sent me the same letter on dec 22 2020 with second medical request.I sent them the passport pages with address, adhar card and driver license of my parents.Also upload the same documents from your login.I have also recieved the passport request letter on january 14 2021
Thanks for your response. So you have emailed and uploaded as additional documents in the login if i understand correctly. No extra forms filled for this?

Devang T

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS-- 18-06-2014; DECISION MADE-- 10 JULY, 2014
Passport Req..
July 24, 2014; SPOUSE PPR - 18 AUG
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 08, 2014;
I have my application submitted June 17,2020 . everytime i called they are like the time line is 20-24 months pre covid now it is even more so no specific time, I have nothing other than AOR too it seems like they have forgot about the application. My father passed away Jan 2020 advises IRCC of the change in march 2020 and took them 9 months to make that change. Agent was surprised too that there is no sponsor approval still. I ordered GCMS notes it just shows ready to be assessed- not started. Feel so helpless and frustrated . i am not even sure what to do anymore
So sorry to hear for your loss. Its too frustrating I know as I and lot others are in same boat. My application wss received on May 2019 and still haven't got the sponsorship approval yet. They did not asked anything, neither PCC or medical. Finally I decided to call my parents here on visitor visa and will be waiting till they approve the application. I even took help from MP office but seems like they are helpless as well and have been getting the same answer everytime that due to Covid19 there is a delay, just have patience! So I think there is nothing we can do from ourside as it all depends on them how they process our applications. I had a choice to call my parents as like most I was worried too about them and didnt wanted to stay away from them.

Samy.K

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Hello Guys,

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

I recently got the invitation to apply for Parents sponsorship and I have few questions to ask, if you guys can help me out, I will really appreciate.
I need to submit 3 years NOA i.e. 2018, 2019 & 2020.

1) I want to add my wife as Co-Signer, but she came here in Canada in 2019, so I can only provide her 2019 & 2020 NOA, will that work or the co-signer
also needs to have 3 years NOA's?
I alone meet the income requirement for 2018 so I have mine but 2019 & 2020 I need her as co-signer.

2) My parents have given biometric last year when I applied for their Super Visa, so do they have to give it again for this sponsorship?

3) I have sponsored my wife 2 years ago on spousal visa, can she still be a co-signer?

Thank you in advance,

Samy

MArshi

Dec 9, 2020
With UK’s lockdown news (extending upto 17th July maybe) has anyone got ny news/update from London visa office. I have exhausted all options (MP, Call center, emails, calls) - yet no answer.

Waitisover

Oct 28, 2013
Thanks for your response. So you have emailed and uploaded as additional documents in the login if i understand correctly. No extra forms filled for this?
Yes i did both and attached whatever documents i had for address proof.No extra forms required.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi everyone I got a silly question. My moms medical expiry is Feb 27. She just got DM2 on ecas yesterday. Technically if COPR is issued the validity is until medical expiry date. Do you think she will be asked for re-medical as it's only one month left for expiry and they cannot issue COPR with a month landing expiry.
they may extend it

Mahe

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Yes i did both and attached whatever documents i had for address proof.No extra forms required.
Strange, while i was preparing for the email, i got an email from IRCC and its passport request!!! logged in to website, still shows your action in required and the application status is in progress.

jolly12345

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
PGP MAY 2019 applicant. - Sponsor parents from India
if anyone gave birth baby in 2021. do they need to submit option C paper?? anyone can please reply.

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Hello @ropertp/ any expert friend

Please advise what should I do to expedite my mom's application. Her case is being processed at NDVO, she completed her medical in July 2019, PC in Nov 2019, and in Dec 2019 she gave Biometrics and received pre-arrival notice. It has been 13 months there is no communication with NDVO. In fact, it has been 20 months since her application is in process. My mom is present in Canada since June 2017 on visitor record.

Her current visitor record will expire in May 2021. I can potentially apply for renewal before that if I don't get any information on DM2.
if the application process gets further delayed due to Covid I have to renew her passport as well.

I have 3 questions.
1. Is there any way we can push NDVO now as this has taken more than 20 months.
2. She is an Indian passport holder her passport and current super visa will expire in Jan 2022, can i renew her passport in Canada while she is on a Super visa/ Visitor record.
3. These days BLS/Indian consulates are taking time to renew passports I am not sure if I apply for her passport renewal( which can take time ) and I get re medical or PPR what will be an option without her passport in hand.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019

Please advise what should I do to expedite my mom's application. Her case is being processed at NDVO, she completed her medical in July 2019, PC in Nov 2019, and in Dec 2019 she gave Biometrics and received pre-arrival notice. It has been 13 months there is no communication with NDVO. In fact, it has been 20 months since her application is in process. My mom is present in Canada since June 2017 on visitor record.

Her current visitor record will expire in May 2021. I can potentially apply for renewal before that if I don't get any information on DM2.
if the application process gets further delayed due to Covid I have to renew her passport as well.

I have 3 questions.
2. She is an Indian passport holder her passport and current super visa will expire in Jan 2022, can i renew her passport in Canada while she is on a Super visa/ Visitor record.
3. These days BLS/Indian consulates are taking time to renew passports I am not sure if I apply for her passport renewal( which can take time ) and I get re medical or PPR what will be an option without her passport in hand.
There's no way to expedite this unfortunately. There are many others in the same situation as you, which i know isn't comforting. You can try contacting your local MP to get some answers or apply for GCMS notes to see what is holding up her application. I would apply to extend her visa if you dont hear back in the next two months.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014

I have 3 questions.
Renew her passport before renewing the visitor permit. You can not renew Supervisa, but you can extend the visitor permit for another 1-2 years, you have to show travel insurance. BLS will take 4 weeks for passport renewal.

Reactions: geol