+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

spr2425

Star Member
May 23, 2019
I believe it's the birth certificate of sponsor (child) showing parents name.

Alternate ID's like Adaar card or voter ID can be used as well.

I received a letter from CIC as I am representing my parents' application, and on the letter it mentioned that the following documentations are required for your sponsored family members:

- Passport/ Travel Document
- Biometrics
- Police Certificate
- Country Specific Requirement
- Your Travels (IMM 5546)
- Details in Military Services - IMM 5546
- CV/ Resume

For Country Specific Requirement they are asking to go on the link : https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
and refer the spouses for the documents as it is applicable to parents' application as well
and under that they are asking for their birth certificate (please see below) :

-
"Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include a copy of the original baptism certificate and copies of other original documents establishing identity such as:
  • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
  • Voter's ID card."

Now my parents they don't have their birth certificate, that is why I am confused what other documents I can provide to fulfil this requirement ?

spr2425

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Guys please help me with the personal experience:

I received a letter from CIC as I am representing my parents' application, and on the letter it mentioned that the following documentations are required for your sponsored family members:

- Biometrics
- Police Certificate
- CV/ Resume

For Country Specific Requirement (For India) they are asking to go on the link : https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
and refer the spouses for the documents as it is applicable to parents' application as well

-
"Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include a copy of the original baptism certificate and copies of other original documents establishing identity such as:
  • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
  • Voter's ID card."

Now my parents they don't have their birth certificate, that is why I am confused what other documents I can provide to fulfil this requirement ?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
Guys please help me with the personal experience:

- Biometrics
- Police Certificate
- CV/ Resume

For Country Specific Requirement (For India) they are asking to go on the link : https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

-
  • Voter's ID card."

Do your parents have their old school certificates? If so send those and adhar/voter ID. If not, Try to send whatever you have such as Adhaar cards, voter ID cards and write an explanation that your parents do not have birth certificates/school certificates.

manaal4

May 11, 2019
Hi Guys, I have a question... what if one of the parents pass away at this stage :,(... how do I update IRCC and what do I have to submit... can I add another dependent to the form instead at this stage ...

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Hello guys,

- Biometrics
- Police Certificate
- CV/ Resume

I've emailed these documents to CIC about one and half months ago. I got a automated email immediately. After that, no response.

What else can I do? Should I choose to mail these documents to them?

Who else choose the email instead of mail? Could you share the date of email? and how long you get response after you send all of these documents.

I wonder if this is normal? I don't know if they receive or not.

tiwana2555

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hello
My mothers application was received on 13 May 2019 dependents are my brother and sister ( all are here on visitor visa )
Medicals done Nov 2019
pre arrival letter 17 Dec 2019
Visa Office - NDVO

Since then it was dead silence

Order notes multiple times nothing specials, MP followed up couple time nothing special changes

Today I saw a update in MYCIC that you have passed the medicals 15 JAN 2021.

Ecas are still same

Anybody familiar with next process from here
What should I expect

Thanks

Reactions: serious_cheese

ghnboy

Nov 22, 2016
@robertp @serious_cheese @laxsun

Please update line 163. DM2 on Jan 15, 2021. There is an update address on the ECAS under the address column which I never seen it before. Do I need to do anything as the Canadian address has never change since the submission of the application. please advise. Thank you.
Congratulations

have you received CoPR yet? And are your parents in Canada?