+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Did you follow this thread?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sending-spouse-and-my-passport-for-ppr-in-different-countries.532161/

As per this, it's doable. People have done in the past. Principal applicant and dependents can be in different countries as per the above thread. I am not sure if it's possible now due to covid.

When did you email CIC?

Thanks,
based on my experience:
I called CIC 2 weeks ago, 2 times, each time was told it is up to VO to decide. hence I emailed Ankara VO 3 times and as i mentioned, every time i got a response saying all passports need to be sent together.
I hope my experience helps others think in advance and find their solution before passport request stage.

Reactions: geol

maanlangit

Feb 12, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I need your help guys, My mom is in Philippines right now. But she went here in Canada for almost 5 years as tourist.
The visa officer ask me to provide New NBI clearance.
Does my mom needs to get a police clearance here in Canada to submit also in CIC.
I really need and appreciate your inputs.

Thanks in Advance

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I need your help guys, My mom is in Philippines right now. But she went here in Canada for almost 5 years as tourist.
The visa officer ask me to provide New NBI clearance.
Does my mom needs to get a police clearance here in Canada to submit also in CIC.
I really need and appreciate your inputs.

Thanks in Advance
There is no police clearance from Canada.
Previously CIC has asked RCMP finger printing to some applicants.
What is that NBI clearance but for the time being submit PCC from other countries.

maanlangit

Feb 12, 2020
There is no police clearance from Canada.
Previously CIC has asked RCMP finger printing to some applicants.
What is that NBI clearance but for the time being submit PCC from other countries.
Thanks for the response. Good to know I do not need a police clearance from Canada.
NBI( National Bureau of Investigation) is a kind of police clearance in the Philippines
Do have any sample about the personal history, they just ask a details from may 2019 to present.

spr2425

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hello Guys,

What happens in the Bio-metric appointment, so do they provide you any proof on the spot that you have completed your bio-metric?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thanks for the response. Good to know I do not need a police clearance from Canada.
NBI( National Bureau of Investigation) is a kind of police clearance in the Philippines
Do have any sample about the personal history, they just ask a details from may 2019 to present.
For personal history you can follow the format of IMM0008.

NiJo8

Feb 1, 2020
Hello @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese. Please update my info in 2019 tracker: Line in Tracker: #712

Additional docs request date: Oct 28 2020
Additional docs requested: Biometrics, PCC, Country Specific requirements, CV
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Decision Made
SA Approval letter date: Oct 28, 2020
LVO for PR processing: CPC-Mississauga
PCC request date: Oct 28,2020
Biometrics letter from CIC: Oct 22 2020
MyCIC Update: Biometrics enrollment date: Nov 7 2020

Thanks.

NiJo8

Feb 1, 2020
Hello everyone, my additional docs request letter lists 'country specific requirements' apart from bio, pcc. The country specific (India) requirement has birth certificate listed for applicant. I had already submitted my (sponsor) birth certificate. Don't know why applicant's birth certificate is still required? As such the country specific requirements link given is for spousal visas! What alternative document can I submit, if birth certificate is not available nor are any matriculation/school documents?
I did look up past chats and posts in PGP forum but they all relate to sponsor birth certificate. Anyone had similar situation? Thanks

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese. Please update my info in 2019 tracker: Line in Tracker: #712

Additional docs request date: Oct 28 2020
Additional docs requested: Biometrics, PCC, Country Specific requirements, CV
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Decision Made
SA Approval letter date: Oct 28, 2020
LVO for PR processing: CPC-Mississauga
PCC request date: Oct 28,2020
Biometrics letter from CIC: Oct 22 2020
MyCIC Update: Biometrics enrollment date: Nov 7 2020

Thanks.
Tracker updated. Do you know DM date as per ecas?