+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ravi_saff

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
Parents file was received on June 6th 2019. Medical request was sent on January 23rd 2020. Medical results have been received. Ecas status says it's "In process". It's processing in cpc Mississauga office.

Have anyone received any update around that time regarding passport calls?

N_rockstar

Dec 27, 2013
I applied for my parents last year (2019). Recently, I got an email from CIC requesting the following docs.

Schedule A Online: Please submit a NEW updated Schedule A Background/Declaration
(IMM5669) with information from the age of 18, detailing your education, personal history,
membership or association with organizations, government positions, military and/or paramilitary
service and addresses. This must be received at this office by: xx-xx-2020.

Can you please tell me which section of the form should I update? Do I need to provide the personal history and address detail since they become 18 yrs old or last 10 years only.

Reactions: serious_cheese

ehelp

Oct 7, 2019
hi can you pleaase help me. where you send email? What is the email id to book biometric appointment to VFS?
you can Email to info.canada@vfshelpline.com and explain that you are not able to book appointment because... if you don't hear anything within 3 to 4 days go to VFS office and they should be able to help you there... VFS knows that most parents applicant are facing same issue.. Hope this helps.. Thanks

Dec 7, 2020
Good morning everyone,

I woke up this morning on an amazing news.. we got the PPR letter today from the Embassy in Egypt. I also checked the status online and saw the DM2 for the Permanent Residence App.

I am over the moon with this updates - thanks to everyone in this forums and good luck to all who are still waiting on updates. BE HOPEFUL things will work out for you all when the time is right.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp please update the tracker
@ELH, has your application been processed at Cairo VO all along? Or was it transferred from CPC-M at some point?

Reactions: Hamied
Dec 7, 2020
Hello everyone.. did anyone try to transfer their parents application from the LVO to CPC-Mississauga? What is the process and how long does it take?
Would appreciate your feedback if someone have done it already .. I called IRCC to ask whether my parents can come with their supervisa while the LVO processing their application which seems to be at the final stages and they told me I can request a transfer
Well, FWIIW, my parents also received their biometrics and medical sometime in November 2019. Since then, we only received another PC request in Oct 2020 (this time, a PC from the RCMP because my parents traveled to visit us in Canada in the late Winter). And now, their application is transferred to Cairo VO (more than a year after their medical and bio requests from CPC-M)!!

MrSinghGill

Nov 11, 2020
Has anyone got any update on file from CPC-M whose medical is expiring in Feb.
My parents’ medical is going to expire in Feb first week.
I ordered gcms notes in June & then in October. There was no progress at all.
PCC & other docs were submitted in mid Feb.
My mother's medical is also expiring in Feb last week. No update from CPC- Mississauga. May 2019 file received. Biometrics pending

MrSinghGill

Nov 11, 2020
Is there anything online from where we can check where file is being processed now?

AND

Is biometrics required to parent who is here in Canada since application?

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Is there anything online from where we can check where file is being processed now?

AND

Is biometrics required to parent who is here in Canada since application?
Hv yr mum ever done biometrics before for her visiting visa or supervisa? If she has done it before for the last 10 years then she is exempted from doing for PGP 2019 application.

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
You got a letter stating that your file has been transferred to Singapore while I got a call from the officer at CPC-M that he is transferring the file to NDVO. I asked the question about medical exam and he dodged the response saying that at the time when the decision will be made, if IME is required, the officer will make a decision and request for the same, if needed. It seems that there is no synchronized process. Well, let us hope for the most favorable response. Good luck!!
:( my parents have been in canada all through on super visa and I did mention that to them every time. Not sure why they still transferred my file! Everything seems to be done based on what everyone's been asked and just waiting on DM. Now I see the update on CIC account, the medical pass date of (dec 9, 2019) has disappeared and it says you do not need a medical exam. I guess we just have to wait and see. It's frustrating that others in canada are getting the virtual landing while our file got transferred.

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
When that happened to me after few days they passed the medical and processed the application within a week. Hope you may see the same.
Was your file transferred at all? They transferred our file on nov 19, not sure why and now the medical pass date has disappeared. I simultaneously had received the request to pay the bio fees for my parents on nov 19 since apparently I hadn't paid it during application.

N_rockstar

Dec 27, 2013
I applied for my parents last year (2019). Recently, I got an email from CIC requesting the following docs.

Schedule A Online: Please submit a NEW updated Schedule A Background/Declaration
(IMM5669) with information from the age of 18, detailing your education, personal history,
membership or association with organizations, government positions, military and/or paramilitary
service and addresses. This must be received at this office by: xx-xx-2020.

Can you please tell me which section of the form should I update? Do I need to provide the personal history and address detail since they become 18 yrs old or last 10 years only.