+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Medical and Police Cert requested on Nov 9. Medicals marked as Passed on Nov 30. PA changed to DM on Dec 1. Please update spreadsheet

Since my mom is currently in Canada, the Mexican Embassy informed me the local office (Etobicoke) will contact me regarding the CoPR process. Haven't heard anything yet. How long does this normally take and is there a way to contact them?
Can be up to a few months. She is on a list with others waiting for virtual landing.

mp811

Dec 8, 2020
Book the primary applicant with the application number as the Bil number and the dependent use BIL no: F000000000.
As the application numbers are same for my mom and dad, VFS website is not accepting 2 applicants. Please help if there is any way around?

ehelp

Oct 7, 2019
Hi guys, Have a question about Biometrics. AOR Jun 7,2019 . Biometrics req Nov 13,2020 . DM for Sponsorship Nov 19, 2020 (CPC- Mississauga) and additional documents requested such as passport copies, voter ID, School certificates, travel history and PCC. All submitted Dec 4, 2020 except Biometric.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem which we are facing and if anyone has any solution for this? We are applying Biometrics at VFS-Ahmedabad (INDIA) for my mom and dad. Application # is same for both as mom is listed as dependent spouse. On VFS website, when we enter number of applicants as 2, they need 2 different application numbers which we don't have. So we had my dad's biometric done on Dec 7th and my mom's is still pending. VFS asked to send an email to book an appointment for mom, which we did last week, but no response yet.

Anyone has any idea how to fix this problem? Appreciate any responses. Thank you
I was facing the same issue. I booked my Dad's Biometric appointment but was not able to book my Mom's.. emailed VFS but did on hear back for almost 10 days. Both my parents went together on Dec 7 (Dad's Bio Appointment) and showed them email sent to VFS regarding my Mom's appointment.. VFS -Jalandhar scheduled my mom's appointment on spot ..my parent's biometric was completed on same day dec 7th.. I hope this helps... every VFS branch is different..

Reactions: HKIMM

mp811

Dec 8, 2020
I was facing the same issue. I booked my Dad's Biometric appointment but was not able to book my Mom's.. emailed VFS but did on hear back for almost 10 days. Both my parents went together on Dec 7 (Dad's Bio Appointment) and showed them email sent to VFS regarding my Mom's appointment.. VFS -Jalandhar scheduled my mom's appointment on spot ..my parent's biometric was completed on same day dec 7th.. I hope this helps... every VFS branch is different..
Thanks for response. My parents went there together, but did not allow my mother to go inside. Hopefully, we were hear something soon from VFS. Emailed twice until now. No response yet.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
When can we expect the files to even just go in process status? I am June 17,2019 applicant and it is application received status forever 18 months now

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hey Folks,

My application's status has been "in process" for both sponsor and permanent resident for a long time. Can some one please take a look at my timestamps below and give me their thoughts? Should I be worried?

Thank you in advance.

App received in Ottawa: June, 20, 2019
Acknowledgement of Reception (AOR):
November, 27, 2019
In process since: March, 6, 2020
yes, many others on the same boat as you. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqTuXZrYG6sg4UHpHBEaMbWTgbHtvxzWYedaojGh0bg/edit?ts=5e27655c&pli=1#gid=945174368

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hi, guys, my CIC got updated today and the only change I see is under background check line: we started... before it was non applicable status. What next? And how long the background check usually takes?
thank you

charlesjain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Yup that's me! Everything was done by cpc-m but nov 19 we received a letter saying my parents file is being transferred to Singapore although my parents are here in canada. Our medicals expired dec 9. Not sure what's going on, we were expecting decision made etc.
You got a letter stating that your file has been transferred to Singapore while I got a call from the officer at CPC-M that he is transferring the file to NDVO. I asked the question about medical exam and he dodged the response saying that at the time when the decision will be made, if IME is required, the officer will make a decision and request for the same, if needed. It seems that there is no synchronized process. Well, let us hope for the most favorable response. Good luck!!

Reactions: serious_cheese

charlesjain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
How do you know your file is now transferred to NDVO ? Did you get any communication through them ?
An officer from CPC-M called me asking for some clarifications about my mother (if she is currently present in India or Canada) and then mentioned that the file is now being transferred to NDVO as she is present in India. It was not a hoax call as he verified everything before getting into the system and gave me his credential (badge) number as well.

Last edited:

jolly12345

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
hi can you pleaase help me. where you send email? What is the email id to book biometric appointment to VFS?