+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Guys I was just checking my ecas and it says for my mom that medical results have been received. this was in dec 2019. Since then they have asked for extra notes etc and no other movement on the file. My visa office is mississauga and my file was june 6,anyone in same boat? Also will they ask to redo medical etc since my mom had it all done in December last year.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Guys I was just checking my ecas and it says for my mom that medical results have been received. this was in dec 2019. Since then they have asked for extra notes etc and no other movement on the file. My visa office is mississauga and my file was june 6,anyone in same boat? Also will they ask to redo medical etc since my mom had it all done in December last year.
The validity of medical is 12months from PASS day, not from initial exam day.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
My file received date is June 5, CPC-M and medicals passed on 13 Dec 2019. We're also waiting for DM2.

ankit1703

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
N.A. for NDVO
IELTS Request
Submitted with the file
File Transfer...
18-08-2014
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting for Dream Come true
Hi Friends

I have below questions:

1) My parents had one Biometric Information Letter (BIL) reference number to book biometrics in VFS. My father is done with his Biometrics but when i try to book for my mother. I'm getting error: We already have a request (s) created for the above Application Number(s).
Has anyone faced similar issue and what's the resolution.
2) Do we get results/reports of biometrics? or it's submitted directly to IRCC by VFS?

texmex2020

Sep 16, 2020
Hi everyone, my mum's file is still in process and now she is here in Canada on supervisa.
We are waiting for SA approval and i am expecting it in 4-5 weeks following the tracking sheet.
I have read that it takes around 2-3 months to get Police clearance for India when applied from Toronto.
I need some help with following questions-
Can I apply for Police Clearance in advance?
how can i apply for PCC from Toronto?
Thanks

aumraiya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
You will receive a biometric instruction letter from IRCC only then you can book appointment with vfs India.
You have to apply in passport office for pcc in India
yes, you should sign up cic account and link your application. It’s very important. You will get real-time updates on cic account on the status of your application.
Thanks for the response, appreciate it.

charlesjain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Hi everyone, my mum's file is still in process and now she is here in Canada on supervisa.
We are waiting for SA approval and i am expecting it in 4-5 weeks following the tracking sheet.
I have read that it takes around 2-3 months to get Police clearance for India when applied from Toronto.
I need some help with following questions-
Can I apply for Police Clearance in advance?
how can i apply for PCC from Toronto?
Thanks
You may apply for PCC via: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/police-clearance/

charlesjain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Hi Friends

I have below questions:

1) My parents had one Biometric Information Letter (BIL) reference number to book biometrics in VFS. My father is done with his Biometrics but when i try to book for my mother. I'm getting error: We already have a request (s) created for the above Application Number(s).
Has anyone faced similar issue and what's the resolution.
2) Do we get results/reports of biometrics? or it's submitted directly to IRCC by VFS?
Answer to question # 2: Biometric data is not provided to the applicants. It is sent to IRCC and if you log on to My CIC, you can see Biometric number, date biometric was provided and validity date.

ahmad307

Sep 26, 2012
Hi everyone,

I got my passport request letter today for my parents from Ankara. They gave us 30 days to submit the passports. I was wondering if anyone has contacted them /CIC and request an extension to be 60 days or 90 days. Has anyone done it? is it adding a further delay or do they normally extend it very fast?

I wanna make sure I don't get into the limbo of not answer from them. appreciate your help.
I did! I got PPR a few weeks ago and Ankara responded quickly to my email and said extension is granted. I also asked if they consider an extension for medical or a visa will valid only until medical validity (my case Feb 2021). They didn't provide an accurate response and said we encourage you to submit passports ASAP and depending on the situation we may consider extension and we may also request you to redo medical. so we don't know what will happen. I hope the visas has 6-month validity. We'll see.

Reactions: serious_cheese

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I had sent out the notes in jan 2020 ,no news so far.i am not successful in linking my application so can't see actual timeliness.ecas shows sponsor application approved while applicant one is still in process.
Did you try this process to link your application:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/
the tricky part is number of applicants. Try several times.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Question so recently my in-law got her passport request letter. BUT just a few days before we got it. As her passport is due to expire in like April 2021 we submitted it for renenwal and were told it will take about 2 months.

So do I need to update IRCC with the new passport copy once we get the new passport. She is in Canada currently and I will just mail it out to Ottawa for stamping. ALSO I will send via webform to IRCC that we are waiting for the new passport and please give us more time to submit the new passport for stamping as the letter states 30 days but of course we will need more time for this as the passport won't be back within 30 days.

Any one else have this situation? Please provide some insights. Thanks
Better to get renewed passport as soon as possible. IRCC has posted that there will be no refusal of application due to delay in submitting documents or passports. However, the PR visa issued will be valid only until one year from the date of medical pass date.

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hello everyone,
We are PGP 2019 applicants and application received date is June 25, 2019
AOR is Sep 10, 2020
No update after that.

My parents arrived in Canada in Dec 2019 on visitor visa and return date was Jun 2020 but due to covid flights got cancelled and we applied for their visitor visa extension in May 2020.
On Dec 03, 2020 we received reply on visitor visa application that medical is needed IMM1017E (IMM Type - Non EDE)

Question:
1. Since we have not received medical request for PGP application, will medical for visitor application be considered for PGP application as well?
2. Inputs on cost of medical for each person in BC?

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
my is June 6. same boat.... waiting for DM2.o_O
I'm June 7 applicant. also waiting for DM2. everything is done except for the eligibility.