+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

MartinXenix

Jun 19, 2014
ON
Hi everyone,

I got my passport request letter today for my parents from Ankara. They gave us 30 days to submit the passports. I was wondering if anyone has contacted them /CIC and request an extension to be 60 days or 90 days. Has anyone done it? is it adding a further delay or do they normally extend it very fast?

I wanna make sure I don't get into the limbo of not answer from them. appreciate your help.
Congrats!!! You're a May 8 applicant, right? I'm so happy to learn that Ankara is back to processing applications.

And I believe extension from 30 day to 90 days is automatic across all requests from IRCC according to this page:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Reactions: Verooney

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I got my passport request letter today for my parents from Ankara. They gave us 30 days to submit the passports. I was wondering if anyone has contacted them /CIC and request an extension to be 60 days or 90 days. Has anyone done it? is it adding a further delay or do they normally extend it very fast?

I wanna make sure I don't get into the limbo of not answer from them. appreciate your help.
When was your medical pass date and decision made date to update the tracker?

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Nothing for me, since Dec last year. App received date was 27th May, and the file is at NDVO
I am in the same boat. Medical done in Dec 2019 and since Jan 2020 no updates on my application. My application date in May 23. I have just submitted a web form requesting details on my application.

Reactions: Nsooch

Nsooch

May 16, 2019
I am in the same boat. Medical done in Dec 2019 and since Jan 2020 no updates on my application. My application date in May 23. I have just submitted a web form requesting details on my application.
What is your case processing center?

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
There is no new update on the file. I order gcms notes got them there is literally no movement in the file. How can I get them to do something. They have not even moved my Dad's name out and add my mother to be main applicant .I am extremely stressed . Anyone can suggest me the course of action should I take?

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
hi Guys,

i applied notes for my 2019 PGP application which has been in process since January 2020, i see a line in the notes that : SSC BC results received / uploaded - negative, Case pending officer review.
this was on oct 15, 2020 , seems like they sent the second enquiry for this on oct 13 and then received the response.

do you guys know what is SSC BC is it social security and what does negative mean?

thanks,

SiriA

Jan 11, 2019
@robertp

Please update: I am a May 28th applicant. Got COPR on Dec 1st. Application for PR approved. It is from NDVO. Feeling thanksful. Thanks to all the members here for sharing their knowledge and experience.
I am hoping for my parents to travel from Chennai to Canada. Did anyone travel recently? Was it safe and was there assistance for older folks?

Pkty

Nov 24, 2020
@robertp

Please update: I am a May 28th applicant. Got COPR on Dec 1st. Application for PR approved. It is from NDVO. Feeling thanksful. Thanks to all the members here for sharing their knowledge and experience.
I am hoping for my parents to travel from Chennai to Canada. Did anyone travel recently? Was it safe and was there assistance for older folks?
Congratulations for the PR visa.
My application for my mother received by them on May31.
medical PCC and biometric done in Jan 20.
Still saying PCC check in process online.
I don’t know how long it may take further.

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Nothing for me, since Dec last year. App received date was 27th May, and the file is at NDVO
Hope this relives you,
There is no new update on the file. I order gcms notes got them there is literally no movement in the file. How can I get them to do something. They have not even moved my Dad's name out and add my mother to be main applicant .I am extremely stressed . Anyone can suggest me the course of action should I take?
This is the sad part. For some processing in complete within 6 months, some are waiting from 2018. I am not surprised they haven't looked at your file. I share the same frustration. May be ask your MP to inquire? Im sure you have inquired to CIC many times, that seems not helping.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@robertp

Congratulations on receiving COPR. When was the passport request date as it is not showing in the tracker?
Did you send passport by two way courier of VFS?
Some of us are struggling to send passport to NDVO as VAC are opening recently.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
hi Guys,

i applied notes for my 2019 PGP application which has been in process since January 2020, i see a line in the notes that : SSC BC results received / uploaded - negative, Case pending officer review.
this was on oct 15, 2020 , seems like they sent the second enquiry for this on oct 13 and then received the response.

do you guys know what is SSC BC is it social security and what does negative mean?

thanks,
Yes, SSC BC is social security BC and negative means you have not received social assistance in the past.
You can expect the file will progress now.

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Dad got his application approved and request for passport today. We'll be sending it to the Ottawa office for stamping. Anyone have recent experience with landing formalities. Since he already lives in Canada, what is the landing process for him? Does he have to go to the US and come back to complete landing formalities? Given borders are closed between Canada and US (land borders), is there a different process to complete landing formalities?

Reactions: serious_cheese