+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hello everyone,
We are PGP 2019 applicants and application received date is June 25, 2019
AOR is Sep 10, 2020
No update after that.

My parents arrived in Canada in Dec 2019 on visitor visa and return date was Jun 2020 but due to covid flights got cancelled and we applied for their visitor visa extension in May 2020.
On Dec 03, 2020 we received reply on visitor visa application that medical is needed IMM1017E (IMM Type - Non EDE)

Question:
1. Since we have not received medical request for PGP application, will medical for visitor application be considered for PGP application as well?
2. Inputs on cost of medical for each person in BC?

Thanks in advance

Cheers!
Yes, medical will also be applicable for pgp application.
Cost of medical will be variable between $350- 500

jolly12345

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Passport Req date was Nov 6th.

Yes, i did two way courier. with vfs. When I sent them the request for passport courier they asked how many passports and I said two so we have to have two airway bills for each of my parents.
can i talk to you? which courier did you use?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hello everyone,
We are PGP 2019 applicants and application received date is June 25, 2019
AOR is Sep 10, 2020
No update after that.

My parents arrived in Canada in Dec 2019 on visitor visa and return date was Jun 2020 but due to covid flights got cancelled and we applied for their visitor visa extension in May 2020.
On Dec 03, 2020 we received reply on visitor visa application that medical is needed IMM1017E (IMM Type - Non EDE)

Question:
1. Since we have not received medical request for PGP application, will medical for visitor application be considered for PGP application as well?
2. Inputs on cost of medical for each person in BC?

Thanks in advance

Cheers!
In a similar situation like you, haven't received anything after AOR. but don't worry, soon we will have our turn.

To answer your question:
1. Yes the medical will be considered for PGP as well only if they decided to complete your PGP file before medical expires. I would say, submit a Medical for Visitor Visa application and Update your PGP application with the same.

2. Not sure about the cost in BC, but usually costs you around $300 for each applicant.

Reactions: dm31810

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
In a similar situation like you, haven't received anything after AOR. but don't worry, soon we will have our turn.

To answer your question:
1. Yes the medical will be considered for PGP as well only if they decided to complete your PGP file before medical expires. I would say, submit a Medical for Visitor Visa application and Update your PGP application with the same.

2. Not sure about the cost in BC, but usually costs you around $300 for each applicant.
Thanks @Paul09

jolly12345

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
hi everyone,
is IRCC sent 2 letter with passprt request ? one is for passport request another for two way currrior service with vfs??
can anyone tell me the details about two way currior service??? my parents are in india now.

SiriA

Jan 11, 2019
@jolly12345

I received the passport request email from Delhi Immigration.

Passports

· VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

· Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

• Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
  • There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
  • We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

then i went to vfs website and found the email ID and sent them an email about passport courier.

Then I received an email from IRCC as shown below. Make sure you fill all this out, give them the UCI numbers, the number of passports. Wait for them to send you the information for next steps.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to the Canada Passport Submission Desk.

Thank you for writing to the Canada Passport Submission Desk.

Step 1: We would request you to provide the below details to assist you further.

1. Application Number:
2. UCI Number:
3. Name:
4. Number of passports for package transmission:
5. Contact numbers:
6. Email address:
7. Person address and pin-code for collection:
8. Desired date for collection (minimum 24 hours is required):
9. Location at which Biometrics was enrolled:
10. Please confirm if you would like to opt for SMS Service:

Step 2: Once the above details are received we will share the payment link with you accordingly.

Step 3: We will share the AWB number, Courier form and Consent form after the payment has been received.

Step 4: It is mandatory to submit a duly completed and signed VFS Consent Form along with your Passport, Courier Form and any other document required by the High Commission.

Step 5: Keep the Envelope Ready with all the documents mentioned above and hand it over to the Bluedart courier executive. The AWB number must be provided to the Blue Dart pick up staff on the date of pickup and write the below text on the envelope.

"To the Officer
VFS Global Canada"

For further assistance, please visit our website https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/ or contact us at PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com

We understand that you would like to know about,

For further assistance, please visit our website https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/ or contact us at 022-68539025, timings: 08:00 to 16:00 hours Monday to Friday (except holidays).

Best regards,
Neha

Canada Passport Submission Desk– India
----------
VFS GLOBAL
EST.2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.
Tel: 022-68539025| PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com | https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/indexa.html

SiriA

Jan 11, 2019
Those who came from India and completed their landing recently. Could you please tell me if you purchased medical insurance for your parents while we wait for MSP?

jolly12345

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Those who came from India and completed their landing recently. Could you please tell me if you purchased medical insurance for your parents while we wait for MSP?
one more question is blue dart person come and pick up passport from my address and delivered stamped passport at my place??

crown.parth

Aug 19, 2014
Hello Admin,

Can you please update following details to the spreadsheet?
Username: Crown.parth#2
Medical Request IME Date: September 3rd, 2020
PCC Request Date: September 3rd, 2020
Biometrics: December 19, 2019
Medical Received Date: September 27 , 2020

I have few questions:
1. Most of the process for my parents is complete and waiting for Passport Requests for quite some time now. Is High Commission of Canada in New Delhi started sending out the Passport Requests? I was told at VFS, Ahmedabad that they only have Biometrics happening at the moment. When do these offices go on Christmas Holidays?
2. Is CIC not processing applications for 75+ years old Parents or Grandparents at the moment?

Many Thanks
Parth

Reactions: serious_cheese

Solar521

Nov 26, 2020
June 27 2019—application received
Sep 30 2020—Aor
Cic: your application is in processing;
we are processing your background check
Last week got Ghost update but nothing happened.
Today I checked cic and saw Ghost update again.
Anyone has same situation here?