+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Dad got his application approved and request for passport today. We'll be sending it to the Ottawa office for stamping. Anyone have recent experience with landing formalities. Since he already lives in Canada, what is the landing process for him? Does he have to go to the US and come back to complete landing formalities? Given borders are closed between Canada and US (land borders), is there a different process to complete landing formalities?
What's your visa office?

jolly12345

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
hi what i need to put as application number? when i try to book appointment for biometrics, its asking for application number1 and application number 2. what should i put there?

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hello folks, to all of those whose applications are being processed in London, UK office, did anyone of you getting any updates from London, UK office? Its been almost year since I received last update. Thank You
My file was transferred to London office on July 30, 2020 from CPC M. Haven't heard anything from London yet.

Reactions: forsaken11

SiriA

Jan 11, 2019
Congratulations on receiving COPR. When was the passport request date as it is not showing in the tracker?
Did you send passport by two way courier of VFS?
Some of us are struggling to send passport to NDVO as VAC are opening recently.
Passport Req date was Nov 6th.

Yes, i did two way courier. with vfs. When I sent them the request for passport courier they asked how many passports and I said two so we have to have two airway bills for each of my parents.

Reactions: laxsun

SiriA

Jan 11, 2019
Congratulations for the PR visa.
My application for my mother received by them on May31.
medical PCC and biometric done in Jan 20.
Still saying PCC check in process online.
I don’t know how long it may take further.
was the same for us.....long silence then suddenly was asked for passport....fingers crossed for you.

ferret2019

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Dad got his application approved and request for passport today. We'll be sending it to the Ottawa office for stamping. Anyone have recent experience with landing formalities. Since he already lives in Canada, what is the landing process for him? Does he have to go to the US and come back to complete landing formalities? Given borders are closed between Canada and US (land borders), is there a different process to complete landing formalities?
Did you notify IRCC that the applicant is already in Canada. It should be the virtual landing if he is already here.

Pkty

Nov 24, 2020
Congrats to you.
How long ago did you submit your biometrics, PCC and Medical . My mother appl accepted in May2019. Medical done in Jan this year, and PCC and BioMet were submitted in March this year.
Just guessing long it may take for my mom’s further.

Pkty

Nov 24, 2020
was the same for us.....long silence then suddenly was asked for passport....fingers crossed for you.
Congrats to you.
How long ago did you submit your biometrics, PCC and Medical . My mother appl accepted in May2019. Medical done in Jan this year, and PCC and BioMet were submitted in March this year.
Just guessing long it may take for my mom’s further.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Did you notify IRCC that the applicant is already in Canada. It should be the virtual landing if he is already here.
Even then passport has to be sent to CPC-Ottawa and wait for further instructions from IRCC Ottawa. Normally they return the passports without COPR in most of the cases.

canadian99

Sep 6, 2018
Question so recently my in-law got her passport request letter. BUT just a few days before we got it. As her passport is due to expire in like April 2021 we submitted it for renenwal and were told it will take about 2 months.

So do I need to update IRCC with the new passport copy once we get the new passport. She is in Canada currently and I will just mail it out to Ottawa for stamping. ALSO I will send via webform to IRCC that we are waiting for the new passport and please give us more time to submit the new passport for stamping as the letter states 30 days but of course we will need more time for this as the passport won't be back within 30 days.

Any one else have this situation? Please provide some insights. Thanks

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Yes, SSC BC is social security BC and negative means you have not received social assistance in the past.
You can expect the file will progress now.
I had sent out the notes in jan 2020 ,no news so far.i am not successful in linking my application so can't see actual timeliness.ecas shows sponsor application approved while applicant one is still in process.