Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Hello there. I know a lot of you folks had your parents/grand parents in Canada on a visitor visa before they got approved for PR, or are still waiting (like me). Can you please share your experience with health insurance for the parents? I got quotes from Manulife, and then another local company called TravelShield (https://www.travelshield.ca/). The latter seem exactly what I want, but not sure if they are reliable or good.

Does anyone have any experience with this TravelShield? Any claims that you have had, hospitalizations (hope not!), ... ?

Thank you so much!
Hello there. I know a lot of you folks had your parents/grand parents in Canada on a visitor visa before they got approved for PR, or are still waiting (like me). Can you please share your experience with health insurance for the parents? I got quotes from Manulife, and then another local company called TravelShield (https://www.travelshield.ca/). The latter seem exactly what I want, but not sure if they are reliable or good.

Does anyone have any experience with this TravelShield? Any claims that you have had, hospitalizations (hope not!), ... ?

Thank you so much!
I sent you PM

Reactions: jitbug

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
is anyone here got medical request after one year? I just received another medical after 1 year after it was passed ? I don't understand what IRCC trying to achieve here as I called yesterday and agent said your parents medical was extended until March 2021 and now this. IRCC is ridiculous.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun Please update my line on the tracker new medical request received.

weekday2

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
is anyone here got medical request after one year? I just received another medical after 1 year after it was passed ? I don't understand what IRCC trying to achieve here as I called yesterday and agent said your parents medical was extended until March 2021 and now this. IRCC is ridiculous.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun Please update my line on the tracker new medical request received.
I thought you had DM2 before since March or so? If so, this doesn't make any sense :confused:. You can try sending webform request, see what they respond.

yluu

Dec 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help me with my case

I received passport request for my parents and my sister ( she is the dependent) on Oct 21. My parents submitted their passports to Singapore office and received visa few dates after. Since my sister is currently living in Canada (she is student here), we need to send her passport to Ottawa on Oct 26. it has been over a month and we havent received her passport back. what should we do? is it normal during covid to have that delay? i have sent inquiry on CIC website but havent heard any news back from them either.

Thanks!!

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I thought you had DM2 before since March or so? If so, this doesn't make any sense :confused:. You can try sending webform request, see what they respond.
Yes, IRCC is ridiculous with me specially, may be because I reached out to MP.

My application has decision made on March 09, which was changed to in process on November 03rd.

they extended, medical for my parents on Nov 03 as it was showing medical passed on november 03rd however, just day before their original medical expiry date, I received medical request. I really wanna file bad faith complaint against them. they are just making COVID19 excuse everywhere.

ferret2019

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020

My application has decision made on March 09, which was changed to in process on November 03rd.

they extended, medical for my parents on Nov 03 as it was showing medical passed on november 03rd however, just day before their original medical expiry date, I received medical request. I really wanna file bad faith complaint against them. they are just making COVID19 excuse everywhere.
What does the mycic account says about medical now?

Reactions: geol

aumraiya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

I just received the sponsorship approval letter. I had a couple of questions if someone can help:

- How is the biometrics letter sent ? Can we just go ahead and book the appointment on our own ?On the letter it says we should submit it but not sure if we should wait for the letter to arrive in India
- Can the PCC be done via local police station in India ?
- Should I set a cic online account and link the application ?

Guidance is much appreciated, thank you

ankit1703

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
N.A. for NDVO
IELTS Request
Submitted with the file
File Transfer...
18-08-2014
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting for Dream Come true
Has anyone raised webform query seeking extension for biometric submission? I'm unable to get VFS appointment in Delhi, what's the best and fastest way to inform IRCC that might not be able to provide biometrics by requested timeline.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Has anyone raised webform query seeking extension for biometric submission? I'm unable to get VFS appointment in Delhi, what's the best and fastest way to inform IRCC that might not be able to provide biometrics by requested timeline.
Extension of biometrics deadline for permanent residence applicants who have not given biometrics within the last 10 years
If the biometrics collection site closest to you is closed, we’ll automatically extend your deadline to give your biometrics.

You don’t have to give your biometrics until the sites start offering collection services again. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instruction letter (BIL) says you have 30 or 90 days.

You don’t have to contact us for this extension, and you don’t need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. Bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment.

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
What does the mycic account says about medical now?
It shows under

Review of medical results.
  • We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

I just received the sponsorship approval letter. I had a couple of questions if someone can help:

- How is the biometrics letter sent ? Can we just go ahead and book the appointment on our own ?On the letter it says we should submit it but not sure if we should wait for the letter to arrive in India
- Can the PCC be done via local police station in India ?
- Should I set a cic online account and link the application ?

Guidance is much appreciated, thank you
You will receive a biometric instruction letter from IRCC only then you can book appointment with vfs India.
You have to apply in passport office for pcc in India
yes, you should sign up cic account and link your application. It’s very important. You will get real-time updates on cic account on the status of your application.

allwaiter

Apr 4, 2017
Visa Office......
ottawa
Doc's Request.
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-10-2016
Hi everyone,

I got my passport request letter today for my parents from Ankara. They gave us 30 days to submit the passports. I was wondering if anyone has contacted them /CIC and request an extension to be 60 days or 90 days. Has anyone done it? is it adding a further delay or do they normally extend it very fast?

I wanna make sure I don't get into the limbo of not answer from them. appreciate your help.

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Is COPR same as Landing paper??
Once an office stamps COPR at the border, it becomes landing paper since there is date of arrival. Its still called COPR but you must keep it safe your entire life.. lol.. at least for old-age pension

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013

Yes, this is not fair. Just because your MP made an inquiry that shouldn't have any effect on your application. If it's favorable for you maybe redo medicals or request GCMS notes and see if they have noted the reasoning behind this new update. Now I'm thinking maybe that's the reason my application has been pushed back into the pile just because my MP made multiple inquiries, but that's just my speculation.