+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ferret2019

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
I ordered the GCMS and received it last week. It seems all passed (eligibility, criminal, security, info sharing), the medical passed and expired, just waiting for "medical reassessment". I guess it means no need to redo the medical exam, but for healthy officer to reassess the previous IME and extend it.
Any idea how long the medical reassessment may take to finish?

weekday2

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
I ordered the GCMS and received it last week. It seems all passed (eligibility, criminal, security, info sharing), the medical passed and expired, just waiting for "medical reassessment". I guess it means no need to redo the medical exam, but for healthy officer to reassess the previous IME and extend it.
Any idea how long the medical reassessment may take to finish?
Congratulations. Did you get any recent ghost update? when did you get GU and does it coincides with some date on your gcms

ferret2019

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Very very disappointed with CIC. Just received my GCMS. After 10 months there’s zero progress on my mother’s case.

Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
Criminality: in progress (more than one year already)
Medical: passed
Info Sharing: in progress

Does anyone know if I can make CIC “explain” why where’s zero progress via my MP?
If your application is still within the expected time frame (20-24 months). I don't think MP is able to get explanation from CIC.

Reactions: iliveinbanff

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello

I had 3 questions regarding my PGP application.

1) I applied June 19th 2019 and still no update. I got an update saying my application is now processing at the New Delhi visa office after my eligibility req were good. But nothing after that. I am reading about so many people getting their application completed so was worrying if there's any problem. Any idea if New Delhi vo is having delays?

2) I became a citizen in Canada in March 2020 and when I applied I was PR. Should I send an updated citizenship proof/passport copy? I have not been asked for it.

3) How does biometrics work? I paid fees for it when I applied online already. Should I wait for them to call my parents for biometrics or they have to book an appointment and do it?

Thanks!
Send a copy of your passport. Wait for bio request. You need the official letter with the barcode to do the biometrics.

Reactions: nmneo10

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
Received my GCMS. After 9 months from Bio metric ,this is the progress on my Parents case.

Security:
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Not Started

Why Security shows Blank but not some thing else ?? , any guess by any one ?

Rumi01

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Hello folks, to all of those whose applications are being processed in London, UK office, did anyone of you getting any updates from London, UK office? Its been almost year since I received last update. Thank You

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Hello

I had 3 questions regarding my PGP application.

1) I applied June 19th 2019 and still no update. I got an update saying my application is now processing at the New Delhi visa office after my eligibility req were good. But nothing after that. I am reading about so many people getting their application completed so was worrying if there's any problem. Any idea if New Delhi vo is having delays?

2) I became a citizen in Canada in March 2020 and when I applied I was PR. Should I send an updated citizenship proof/passport copy? I have not been asked for it.

3) How does biometrics work? I paid fees for it when I applied online already. Should I wait for them to call my parents for biometrics or they have to book an appointment and do it?

Thanks!
I'm May 2019 applicant and I have the same status as yours, nothing else than eligibility passed and that's already 4 months. Citizenship proof doesn't really matter or needed in anyway but wont hurt providing. Wait for biometric instruction.

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Very very disappointed with CIC. Just received my GCMS. After 10 months there’s zero progress on my mother’s case.

Security: not started
Criminality: in progress (more than one year already)
Medical: passed

Does anyone know if I can make CIC “explain” why where’s zero progress via my MP?
It's interesting that Medical assessment was done before Eligibility or Criminality, which infact is good thing because rest of the process doesn't really take long.

A MP might not be helpful in this matter but at least there will be a record in your file that a MP inquired about the application, that may work. But I guess given the backlog and pandemic to blame, a case officer may not even care about any MPs inquiry.