+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello friends,

My parents are in Canada now on visitor visa, their medical expired Nov 21. Have been waiting with DM2 since March with no updates from CPC-M. Will they have to do medical again?
Impossible to say but if they get PPR soon then they are unlikely to be asked for a new medical.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Let me correct you first ! Pcc is valid for 12 months !
How long is Indian PCC valid for Canada?
6 months
The PCC is valid for a period of 6 months and can be applied before if there is any expectation of its requirement for PR or renewal of work permit/study permit, etc.
www.cgitoronto.gov.in › page › pol...
Police Clearance Certificate - Consulate General of India, Toronto, Canada

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
How long is Indian PCC valid for Canada?
6 months
The PCC is valid for a period of 6 months and can be applied before if there is any expectation of its requirement for PR or renewal of work permit/study permit, etc.
www.cgitoronto.gov.in › page › pol...
Police Clearance Certificate - Consulate General of India, Toronto, Canada
Read the previous post regarding PCC may be those can tell you what we are talkin about !

aumraiya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for your responses.

I recently received the acknowledgement that my sponsorship for my mother has been approved. The letter is asking for passport, biometrics, police certificate and travel history. Do we need to wait for any other letter for biometrics in India (where she currently lives) or she can go directly to give them ?

"If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received
a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics."

DBI

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Canada Toronto
I was asked for government service details form too, for mum being teacher but there was no form attached. So I sent a self made word document with all the columns similar to military service details form. Later on somebody on this forum was very kind to send me a copy of actual government service details form. I can email you a copy if you want.
Hi... I got the same request today and could not find the form. I'm really grateful if you could send me a copy of the government service details form. Thanks. My email address is indurugalla@gmail.com

Reactions: serious_cheese

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Do you know when did the ecas change to DM on sponsor side?

Expect that they will send or download biometric collection letters with barcodes separately.
I am not sure when it changed to DM in ecas as I saw the approval email first. I received the email on Nov, 27.

Yeah, I thought they would've sent it directly in MyCic but it isn't there. I believe they'll send it separately in a day or two.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
I am not sure when it changed to DM in ecas as I saw the approval email first. I received the email on Nov, 27.

Yeah, I thought they would've sent it directly in MyCic but it isn't there. I believe they'll send it separately in a day or two.
when did you get Sponsorship Approval letter?

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
From Cic info centre-

A PCC is valid indefinitely if you haven't visited that country after obtaining said document.

For your current country of residence, CIC considers PCC valid for 6 months from date of issue.
Thank you, this very much clears it that her PCC should be valid as her current country of residence is Canada and she hasn't gone back to India after obtaining her PCC. However, I am also thinking about asking CIC via webform and see if they respond positively to it. This way we would be completely sure of her file not getting rejected just because of an old PCC. Current waiting time for getting it from BLS is minimum 8 weeks

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
No you don't need to be your parents' representative to link the PR application.
But I can't find the application when I try to link. I have paid the rprf fees about two weeks ago.

jassu93

Aug 22, 2019
i received passport request from NDVO on 8 november.
only name and uci number mentioned my mother Principal applicant.nothing about dependent (my father)
i replies with perticulers of my parents with adress.
received payment option after 10 days to pay rs 6319/.
i paid then received one waybill number.
bluedort courior boy came to collect and said they will accept one passport packet for one waybill.
i again wrote to vfs .again sent payment option but when i try to pay.link said u already pay.
pl guide if anybody in same situation.
how can i generate two waybills?

Bparekh

Oct 27, 2020
Hi,

my parents are here in Canada. We got Biometrics letter on Oct 27th but no call for scheduling appointments yet. Now that online scheduling is open, can someone let me know where to book appointments for biometrics? I can’t find URL anywhere. Thanks