+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
I recently had my parents biometric completed in India. Will vfs sent a copy of my parents biometric results to them? Do I need to notify ircc that the biometrics were completed? Or VFS will sent that info to ircc directly?

my parents password were stamped saying biometric completed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I recently had my parents biometric completed in India. Will vfs sent a copy of my parents biometric results to them? Do I need to notify ircc that the biometrics were completed? Or VFS will sent that info to ircc directly?

No need to do anything.

Reactions: bluebird0479

Anonymous1987

Feb 12, 2020
My in laws file was sent to CPC London for some reason on Nov 24, 2020.
They got AOR from CPC Mississauga on Sep 30, 2019 saying "Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2019".
Sponsorship was approved Dec 8, 2019 with letter saying "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relativewill beprocessed at CPC-Mississauga."
Biometrics were done Dec 2019. Medical was done Jan 2020. No updates since then until Nov 24, 2020 where we got a letter in GC Key called "Acknowledgement of Receipt" that says "We wish to inform you that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by the Family Reunification Unit at the IRCC Office in London, UK. "

This is how it looks on Ecas on the Permanent Residence Application side:

1. We received XXXX's application for permanent residence on May 29, 2019.
  2. We sent XXXX's correspondence acknowledging receipt of XXXX's application(s) on November 24, 2020. (NEW LINE ADDED LAST WEEK)
  3. We started processing XXXX's application on November 24, 2020. (NEW LINE ADDED LAST WEEK)
  4. We sent XXXX a letter on December 3, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent XXXX medical instructions on December 4, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
I called CIC and all they could tell me was the file was transferred from Mississauga to London and not say why. I asked them what was happening to the application since Jan 2020 to now at CPC Mississauga and they didn't know. My question is has anyone received this type of message so late in the process and why would they transfer the application to a different visa office so late in the process?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My in laws file was sent to CPC London for some reason on Nov 24, 2020.
They got AOR from CPC Mississauga on Sep 30, 2019 saying "Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2019".
Sponsorship was approved Dec 8, 2019 with letter saying "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relativewill beprocessed at CPC-Mississauga."
Biometrics were done Dec 2019. Medical was done Jan 2020. No updates since then until Nov 24, 2020 where we got a letter in GC Key called "Acknowledgement of Receipt" that says "We wish to inform you that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by the Family Reunification Unit at the IRCC Office in London, UK. "

This is how it looks on Ecas on the Permanent Residence Application side:

1. We received XXXX's application for permanent residence on May 29, 2019.
  2. We sent XXXX's correspondence acknowledging receipt of XXXX's application(s) on November 24, 2020. (NEW LINE ADDED LAST WEEK)
  3. We started processing XXXX's application on November 24, 2020. (NEW LINE ADDED LAST WEEK)
  4. We sent XXXX a letter on December 3, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent XXXX medical instructions on December 4, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
I called CIC and all they could tell me was the file was transferred from Mississauga to London and not say why. I asked them what was happening to the application since Jan 2020 to now at CPC Mississauga and they didn't know. My question is has anyone received this type of message so late in the process and why would they transfer the application to a different visa office so late in the process?
This is not unusual. Your application sat untouched for a large portion of 2020 so it is actually a good thing that it is in London and being processed. Although it has been a while biometrics and medicals are very far into the processing. Remember that posted processing time is 12-24 months.

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Hi, How long it takes to get the PR card after we send the pictures to Etobicoke office. We have sent the pictures since 4 weeks still no sign on my CIC account for the PR card.

thanks...

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
@robertp @YULIA-2016 @laxsun @serious_cheese
Line 748 Please update:
1. ECAS pr app status changed to DM(not sure what date)
2. Received pre-arrival letter -- Nov. 19, 2020
3. Received passport request letter -- Nov. 25, 2020
4. Sent passport and pictures by courier to CPC Kingston -- Nov. 27, 2020
LVO : CPC Kingston
Thanks for the all the work you guys put in. I hope everyone's application will start moving now, and get completed positively verrrrrry soon.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Got a request for medical for my mom's visitor visa extension, not the PGP :rolleyes:

Nobody knows but... I wonder if results being uploaded to her file would nudge the PGP application? My PGP is in Mexico and I assume the extension is in Mississauga...

And also.. no more medicals after this right?

#annoyed

SS.Inder

Jul 24, 2019

Any suggestions on how to book biometric for the second person? Icould only book it for my father and there is no option to add my mother's info.
Thank you

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone
My mom applied for PR in 2019 and has her PR sponsorship approved, and we are preparing for landing. She will be traveling from India and I am in process of preparing landing documents. She has agricultural land and house in her name.
I have searched a lot for information on how to declare property when she lands. I am not getting satisfactory information. Can anybody in the Forum help understand the documents?
1. Should she get her property valued from govt approved land surveyor and bring?
2. Is there any other document she needs to fill.

Thank you.