+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

tanzaimeng

Sep 11, 2019
My mum got requested medical exam and criminal record check last December. All docs got received by Mississauga CIC on Jan 24, 2020 (already confirmed through webform). However, the application status stayed as "please send your medical exam result" and nothing updated since ever. Is our timeline abnormal? We are this close to the final step but why it seems this hopeless...Thank you in advance to anyone who can share info.

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

sonibk999

Sep 29, 2020
I have applied PR for my parents, got invitation in Apr 2019, I have summited file in May 2019, I got email for file number and that's it. I haven't received any email or information after that. I called CIC in sept for follow up, what they mention is that my file is under process and they don't require any additional document at this time. My parents are in Canada on super visa since Apr 2019. Any insight or help is appreciated. anyone here is facing similar thing in this forum?

eugene_2005

Jan 28, 2019
OK, here is the situation. Warsaw office is about to issue an immigrant visa to my mother-in-law. They actually sent an email stating that and clarifying her passport validity date. The thing is my mother-in-law is currently visiting us in Canada and scheduled to fly back to Russia only at the beginning of February. So my question is: is there such thing as landing while being in Canada these days? I remember like 20 years ago I had to drive my friends to US border (it's really close to the place where I live) and do a U-turn just for the sake of landing procedure. How is it done now? I cannot find any information about the topic so your help would be much appreciated.

Reactions: serious_cheese

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
OK, here is the situation. Warsaw office is about to issue an immigrant visa to my mother-in-law. They actually sent an email stating that and clarifying her passport validity date. The thing is my mother-in-law is currently visiting us in Canada and scheduled to fly back to Russia only at the beginning of February. So my question is: is there such thing as landing while being in Canada these days? I remember like 20 years ago I had to drive my friends to US border (it's really close to the place where I live) and do a U-turn just for the sake of landing procedure. How is it done now? I cannot find any information about the topic so your help would be much appreciated.
They are doing virtual landing these days as flagpoling (which is what you did) is closed due to COVID.

Reactions: eugene_2005

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I have applied PR for my parents, got invitation in Apr 2019, I have summited file in May 2019, I got email for file number and that's it. I haven't received any email or information after that. I called CIC in sept for follow up, what they mention is that my file is under process and they don't require any additional document at this time. My parents are in Canada on super visa since Apr 2019. Any insight or help is appreciated. anyone here is facing similar thing in this forum?
I'm in similar situations, but I order GCMS notes and found that they already approved me once as a Sponsor on September 11, 2019, and that's it. Since then My file is collecting dust.
What's your ECAS status.

Here is mine:

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXX on May, 2019.

Dependents listed on the application are: XXXXX.
  2. We started processing your application on September 11, 2019.
Permanent Residence
  1. We received XXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on May, 2019.

celinalee1219

Dec 11, 2017
I'm in similar situations, but I order GCMS notes and found that they already approved me once as a Sponsor on September 11, 2019, and that's it. Since then My file is collecting dust.
What's your ECAS status.

Here is mine:

Sponsorship

Permanent Residence
Same here.
My application was received on June 12, 2019. Sponsorship status became In Process on February 3, 2020. No updates since then. I also did not receive any requests ask for any additional documents. Lots of applications behind me are now being processed ahead of me. Getting anxious....

sonibk999

Sep 29, 2020
What's your ECAS status.

Here is mine:

Sponsorship

Permanent Residence
Thank you for response. I have also requested for GCMS, in that they have mentioned my bio-metric is passed (collected from USA as partner on 18 Aug 2019). My medical is approved (collected from super visa application - 21 Sept 2019). My sponsorship is still in progress (date written - 23 oct 2019). Last time my file was open on 2 Feb 2020, in comments they wrote Error, I don't know what that mean.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sponsorship status has changed to Decision made, we submitted medical on October 30, I was wondering how long will CIC update that they receive medical results? Does anybody know the approximate time? Thanks.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, PR application is being processed at CPC M but my parents are in Vietnam, how can they receive a visa via passport? Or will this be transferred to the local office in Vietnam? Thanks.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Sponsorship status has changed to Decision made, we submitted medical on October 30, I was wondering how long will CIC update that they receive medical results? Does anybody know the approximate time? Thanks.
If your parents do not need additional tests, medical pass will happen in few weeks. There is a medical board that will review the results. You can see in the tracker column AF depending upon your LVO.
Either CPC-M will forward your case to nearest VO or during PPR they give instruction about submitting passports from outland location.

Reactions: nguyentu2001