+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Anitak

Oct 16, 2020
Hi, i have added your information to tracker. What country are you sponsoring your parents from? which province do you live in? What was the date of your medical request? And which CIC office processed your application?
Parents are from India,currently living in Toronto . Medical requested 19 November 2019. Application processed at CIC Mississauga. Thanks.

Reactions: serious_cheese

jolly12345

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Thank you for response. I have also requested for GCMS, in that they have mentioned my bio-metric is passed (collected from USA as partner on 18 Aug 2019). My medical is approved (collected from super visa application - 21 Sept 2019). My sponsorship is still in progress (date written - 23 oct 2019). Last time my file was open on 2 Feb 2020, in comments they wrote Error, I don't know what that mean.
can you please tell me wat is the exact timeline to get GCMS notes? Coz i applied in 12th oct...still not get my gcms notes?

Anyone please share timeline to get GCMS notes,.

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
I was in the same situation, requested GCMS notes and learned that nothing was done since Jan 6th. I contacted my local MP office an they requested info on my behalf. They replied with BS C-19 answer and in 1 month I got Biometrics request, medical request and Decision made on sponsor app.

I think we just should wait.....sounds terrible but...
"BS C-19 answer" : Yes. C-19 has impacted in some way but for CIC this has been a lot to blame than its actual impact. I asked my MP to request a status update, expedite, etc but the same answer, nothing much has done.

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
can you please tell me wat is the exact timeline to get GCMS notes? Coz i applied in 12th oct...still not get my gcms notes?

Anyone please share timeline to get GCMS notes,.
I applied Oct 6, nothing yet. Hope this gives you hope that you are not alone. By law, it's within 30 days but doesn't count unforeseen circumstances like this, by law they can extend up to a year in these times. My last note took about 45 days, a few months ago.

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
How long does it take for CIC to send me acknowledgment letter after my application have been summited
Unfortunately, there is no specific time period, depends on several factors such as intake date, application completeness, work load etc.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
For people whose parents are out of Canada, will it help if we reach out to local MP?

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hello All, FOR PGP 19, my parents have provided their biometrics on December 12, 2019 and i can see their biometric number. But for some reason, in the application status there is note about biometrics saying it has not been received. Any body else having same issue on this forum .
Yes, same issue here. There are various posts in this forum on this issue, some said that it is software glitch and they went forward to copr and pp request stage without any problem when their turn came and file picked for processing. One post says that biometric results were sent to wrong office and they had to write to some embassy/consulate to forward results to ircc, another post says that they were asked to do the biometric again as finger prints were not clear. One recent post says that candidates who have valid biometric from super visa are not asked to do it again due to covid. In my case we had valid biometrics from super visa application but were asked to do it again, it was done but we come across this confusion that our new biometric number and date appears but in detailed processing page they say biometric awaited. Sent email and raised web query but their replies gave no explanation regarding this problem, nor they confirmed nor they rejected. Now waiting that when they will pick the file and what ever their instruction we will have to follow, whether to do it again.

DarkJoy

Feb 21, 2017
Does anyone know if parent's can land through air in Canada with their COPR?
My parents flight is for tomorrow and I just read there are some new regulations.

FabAle

Oct 8, 2016
No news from Bogota.
They have not been able to submit the biometrics because the offices were closed until recently and the appointments are very far away.
They still do not receive the request for medical tests.
Hey Wilmer, hope all is well with you! I am just double checking this post since I have applied for my parents who are located in Colombia as well. Do you have new updates? I am not sure why this is taking so long since different VACs globally are processing the same applications but Bogota.