+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Is there any place where I can read about these "virtual landings"? For whatever reason I struggle to find any useful info.
You don't need to worry about that. In virtual landing they just want to know your parents are in Canada so that they can upload COPR and process PR card immediately. This special arrangement is due to Covid pandemic. Go through previous posts of this thread. One of them is like this:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-get-ohip-card-after-virtual-landing.705753/

If Warsaw VO issues PPR, most probably they give option of submitting passport in Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: eugene_2005

raisedonthestreets

Apr 26, 2019
Hello All, FOR PGP 19, my parents have provided their biometrics on December 12, 2019 and i can see their biometric number. But for some reason, in the application status there is note about biometrics saying it has not been received. Any body else having same issue on this forum .

Mayrose1761

May 23, 2019
It's been more than a month now since status on ecas changed to DM for PA but haven't receive any updates nor email. While the others with the same LVO got PPR almost right after Decision Made. I sent an inquiry to the Manila LVO but recieved automated reply with general infos. It says they could not respond to every inquiry due to covid19. Is it advisable to call IRCC?

joel1984

Mar 6, 2018
Hello,
After nearly 1 year since doing Biometrics CIC contacted me today asking for Police Certificate and Medical Exams. Please update spreadsheet
Does anyone know how the passport/landing process work now with the travel restrictions? I've hear that there's virtual landing. Does that mean, no need to send passport? My mom's application is processed in Mexico but she has been in Canada for over a year now.

Reactions: serious_cheese

Anitak

Oct 16, 2020
Hello,
I am a Silent reader of this forum. I learned a lot from this forum. Now my process is completed so I want to share my timeline for the benefit of other forum members. Parents were here in Canada since October 2018 on supervisa.
we received invitation in April and our application received on 27May 2019.Sponsership approval in early November followed by medical request. Medical passed on 27 November. Resume,PCC and RCMP finger prints requested on15 December. Those all submitted on 22 February 2020. We applied through lawyer . On 25 October 2020 lawyer got a mail from CIC to enquire our current address and proof that we are currently in Canada. After submitting the information status changed to decision made. on 4 November2020 status changed to complete and on 6 November 2020we got COPR by email. wishing good luck to all who are waiting.

Last edited:

AnnaOrange

Oct 27, 2016
Hello, does anyone have the same problem with me? Application sent in June 2019, and passed medical exam in March 2020, additional documents requested twice( in April and October). Until now there is no biometric but ECAS changed to Decision made for Both sponsorship and PR.( in November 2020). Still no PPR. Mine is inland application and my parents are still in Canada. Does anyone like me got DM without fingerprint? Or is just an ECAS ghost update? Thanks for the reply.

Lidiyat

Oct 4, 2019
Same here.
My application was received on June 12, 2019. Sponsorship status became In Process on February 3, 2020. No updates since then. I also did not receive any requests ask for any additional documents. Lots of applications behind me are now being processed ahead of me. Getting anxious....
I was in the same situation, requested GCMS notes and learned that nothing was done since Jan 6th. I contacted my local MP office an they requested info on my behalf. They replied with BS C-19 answer and in 1 month I got Biometrics request, medical request and Decision made on sponsor app.

I think we just should wait.....sounds terrible but...

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello,
I am a Silent reader of this forum. I learned a lot from this forum. Now my process is completed so I want to share my timeline for the benefit of other forum members. Parents were here in Canada since October 2018 on supervisa.
we received invitation in April and our application received on 27May 2019.Sponsership approval in early November followed by medical request. Medical passed on 27 November. Resume,PCC and RCMP finger prints requested on15 December. Those all submitted on 22 February 2020. We applied through lawyer . On 25 October 2020 lawyer got a mail from CIC to enquire our current address and proof that we are currently in Canada. After submitting the information status changed to decision made. on 4 November2020 status changed to complete and on 6 November 2020we got COPR by email. wishing good luck to all who are waiting.
Hi, i have added your information to tracker. What country are you sponsoring your parents from? which province do you live in? What was the date of your medical request? And which CIC office processed your application?

Lidiyat

Oct 4, 2019
Hi, i have added your information to tracker. What country are you sponsoring your parents from? which province do you live in? What was the date of your medical request? And which CIC office processed your application?
it is all in line 611: Ukraine, I am in ON, Medical request came Oct 22 and it looks that Visa office is in Kiev

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Hello, does anyone have the same problem with me? Application sent in June 2019, and passed medical exam in March 2020, additional documents requested twice( in April and October). Until now there is no biometric but ECAS changed to Decision made for Both sponsorship and PR.( in November 2020). Still no PPR. Mine is inland application and my parents are still in Canada. Does anyone like me got DM without fingerprint? Or is just an ECAS ghost update? Thanks for the reply.
Did u got an ghost update ! Application receive date in Ottawa!