+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Hello ,

I have got GCMS notes stating that they have not received PCC and travel forms. We have not received the email for it, therefore now I would like to send this document. Our primary office is New Delhi, Does anyone know what is the email address and Mail address for applicants , who has their file in NDVO .

Thanks in advance.
Hello, when did you apply for GCMS notes. I applied for GCMS notes month ago but haven't got any update from them.

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Hello everyone,

Question for those whose parents just recently landed, do we still wait for 3 months waiting period before we can apply for SIN and Health Insurance? Or are they eligible to apply as soon as they land and have documents to support SIN and Health Insurance application?

Thank you in advance!

Janet2011

Jul 29, 2019
My parents did biomatrics collections on last Friday.
I'm just wondering how long it will take from giving biomatrics to seeing the results on IRCC account. Thanks!

rohanss

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents are in India. They got biometrics request recently. Just found out that VFS offices are closed temporarily. Anyone in this situation? Any suggestions.

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
I think VFS are open with limited capacity from last week. did they receive any special instructions with the request? when did they receive the biometric request ?[/QUOTE]

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hello everyone,

Question for those whose parents just recently landed, do we still wait for 3 months waiting period before we can apply for SIN and Health Insurance? Or are they eligible to apply as soon as they land and have documents to support SIN and Health Insurance application?

Thank you in advance!
You can apply for both as soon as they land, though they won’t get the health insurance for three months. The SIN they will get quickly.

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
You can apply for both as soon as they land, though they won’t get the health insurance for three months. The SIN they will get quickly.
the 3 month wait for OHIP has been waived, you can apply for both OHIP and SIN. You will need proof of your PR (we printed off the email letter we received and used that as confirmation), we also used our passports and we got our Ontario driving licence as proof of who we are and that we are in Canada.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
the 3 month wait for OHIP has been waived, you can apply for both OHIP and SIN. You will need proof of your PR (we printed off the email letter we received and used that as confirmation), we also used our passports and we got our Ontario driving licence as proof of who we are and that we are in Canada.
Having UK driving licence, can I convert to Canadian driving licence once I have my COPR? Or we need to redo the driving test? Pls advise. Thank you.

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Hey Guys, Just one more question. IN the GCMS notes under assessment it say:

Eligibilty: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Medial: Passed
INfo sharing: complete
Final:

If criminality status is passed, does it mean they have already checked the background and passed the PCC check stage ?

Thanks
Did you get the gcms notes for
The permanent residence file pertaining to the person being sponsored; or
The sponsorship file pertaining to the sponsor.

Or for both?
I applied for gcms notes couple months ago and they finally replied asking which one I need?
Are both covered under the $5 fee or do I need to pay for the second one?

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hello everybody!
We are June 2019 applicants.
Medical Passed in Feb 2020.
PCC & all requested docs submitted in March 2020. Nothing since then...

How do you think, can we bring our parents here and change the address in the application to Canadian? Are there any chances to speed up the process?
We just afraid to mess up the process with these movements.

Thank you very much in advance for your thoughts!!!

renukavasanth

Nov 3, 2019
Hi,
Is anyone have similar situation like me. My mom application receive date is 03Jun2019 and this status not changed from Last October. She is with us in Canada for more than 18 months. I had extended her VISA due to CV-19, we thought she will get the PR so that we don't need to send her back INDIA. Due to current situation, i don't think this is going to happen.
Any suggestion to follow up on application status other than calling immigration contact number (i have done 3 times already)...
Really appreciated valuable responses.
Best Regards
Vas.

Reactions: serious_cheese