+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Aha, so you mean the Visa Application Centre here (VFS Global) , not the Embassy itself. She's outside of Canada.
Thanks!
@valpis : I think there is full explanations in the PPR letter you have received. PR visa will be issued by the local visa office (normally within Embassies or High Commissions) where it was processed. However, check the travel restrictions due to COVID to Canada and from the country where your mom is residing.

"visa required > via visa office VS. visa not required > send directly to Warsaw"

I am also not clear about this but this may be due to Warsaw Visa Office serving to other countries where visa is required to come to Poland?
As you have said that there are Visa Application Centers where Embassy is not located.

Last edited:
Reactions: valpis

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Is VO Delhi issuing COPRs currently and also, if IRCC is allowing post-March 18 COPR holders to travel to Canada? I assume that even if VO is Mississauga and parents are in India, they will have to go through Delhi for PPR. Any comments on this?

valpis

Jan 28, 2019
@valpis : I think there is full explanations in the PPR letter you have received. PR visa will be issued by the local visa office (normally within Embassies or High Commissions) where it was processed. However, check the travel restrictions due to COVID to Canada and from the country where your mom is residing.

"visa required > via visa office VS. visa not required > send directly to Warsaw"

I am also not clear about this but this may be due to Warsaw Visa Office serving to other countries where visa is required to come to Poland?
As you have said that there are Visa Application Centers where Embassy is not located.
Well,that's the confusing part, both these options imply delivery via courier at the end anyways and PR visa = right of entry to Canada :
>If you require a visa to entry Canada, please submit your package through one of the Visa
Application Centres (VAC).

>If you do not require a visa to enter Canada, submit your package via mail or courier directly to
our office in Warsaw.. Please include prepaid courier waybill

So sending to Warsaw Embassy and receiving it back via prepaid envelope makes most sense, but I don't want to make it wrong / longer.
Will try calling them to be sure.

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Hey, @Swainy thanks for sharing!
Can you please clarify what " we had 6 months stay if we don't get our PR in that time" meant here - that your Parent(s) can't stay in Canada for more than 6 months if they didn't receive PR card within these 6 months?
hi, yes we can stay in Canada for 6 months no problem, if we haven’t received our PR’s by that time we will have to apply to extend for another 6 months at $100 each, we are keeping everything crossed that by March next year we will have what we need

faketree1

May 25, 2020
office 6019? anybody heard of this office 6019? saw this in addition to CPC-M and the Hong Kong office. cannot find searching on this forum and google