+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Is Decision Made 2 date is Oct 01, 2020 as per ecas? Did you ever receive pcc request.
No PCC request as I included it upon submission of all the documents. I just saw the decision made status today at ECAS. Its not updated yet on CIC account. No email as well.

vic20

May 17, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

Line 554

PCC and and medical request Oct 1st

Also to re-ask a recent question ,if anyone knows . The GC website states medical may be done within 3 months . Will this apply to all visa offices around the world ? - or should I ask for the extra time
In my situation the extra time would be needed as moms passports expired recently and passport is needed at time of medical exam - so we'd have to apply for new one :confused: .

Thoughts appreciated .

Last edited:
Reactions: serious_cheese

vic20

May 17, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

Line 554

PCC and and medical request Oct 1st

Also to re-ask a recent question ,if anyone knows . The GC website states medical may be done within 3 months . Will this apply to all visa offices around the world ? - or should I ask for the extra time
In my situation the extra time would be needed as moms passports expired recently and passport is needed at time of medical exam - so we'd have to apply for new one :confused: .

Thoughts appreciated .
Aha , I just read the letter and it states within 90 days so all good there . The other thing i noted is that other ID doc might be accepted as well . Will see.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi
Can anyone pls share what is being asked on Delhi airport while departure to canada and same on canada airport on arrival?
My parents have super visa and planning to come. I am wondering what documents should I send them to show that they r my immediate family members.
Thank you
They should carry your PR CARD copy or citizenship proof copy and your birth certificate to show their relationship with you. At the airport before boarding these documents have to be shown. In Delhi they will give one form for asking details for quarantine which they have to fill and handover in Canada to officer after immigration. You have to show same documents ( pr card copy and birth certificate) with passport to immigration officer. It is preferable if you send a letter to your parents ( to whom it is concerned) and explain they are going to stay in Canada with you for how long and their quarantine plan for 14 days. This letter also to be shown to immigration officer.
They are very much cooperative. We have experienced recently when we landed on 21st September.I I wish everything will go smoothly. Ask your parents to take care all precautions for covid-19. At Canada Airport they should go for Coronovirus test which is good for self satisfaction also. All the best

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
They should carry your PR CARD copy or citizenship proof copy and your birth certificate to show their relationship with you. At the airport before boarding these documents have to be shown. In Delhi they will give one form for asking details for quarantine which they have to fill and handover in Canada to officer after immigration. You have to show same documents ( pr card copy and birth certificate) with passport to immigration officer. It is preferable if you send a letter to your parents ( to whom it is concerned) and explain they are going to stay in Canada with you for how long and their quarantine plan for 14 days. This letter also to be shown to immigration officer.
They are very much cooperative. We have experienced recently when we landed on 21st September.I I wish everything will go smoothly. Ask your parents to take care all precautions for covid-19. At Canada Airport they should go for Coronovirus test which is good for self satisfaction also. All the best
Thank you
Sorry one more question do they need authorization letter from IRCC

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello All,

My parents have applied for PCC in India but due to old address in passport they asked them to change to current address in passport before applying for PCC. Now we have applied for new passport with current address. My concern is do we need to notify CIC about the change in passport as I think passport# will get changed as well. Also how would I notify? Do I need to re-do any forms to show the new passport# ?
through webform

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I have submitted my application for my mom last June. I finally received a letter yesterday (Sept 30, 2020) from CIC to inform me that they received the application on Jun 27, 2019, and provided a case file #.

In the letter, there is a paragraph as below. I am pretty sure I have included an IMM5768 in my original application. Open the link in the letter, the IMM5768 form is a newer version. Should I submit a copy using this newer version IMM5768? or this is just a generic message to acknowledge they have received the application? Thank you in advance for your prompt answer.

"
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents
and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your
Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada
Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income
tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received
date of your application.
..."
I think it is just a general message, if you have already submitted, you wont need to resubmit.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Under services3.cic.gc.ca today, I got Sponsorship Application Status "Decision Made " not sure what that means yet.

I logged in Onlineservices, I can't find the sponsorship application status anymore, instead, it shows the below.

Permanent ResidencyF000aaaaaaOctober 30, 2019

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Under services3.cic.gc.ca today, I got Sponsorship Application Status "Decision Made " not sure what that means yet.

I logged in Onlineservices, I can't find the sponsorship application status anymore, instead, it shows the below.

Permanent ResidencyF000aaaaaaOctober 30, 2019
Permanent Residence Application Status is now In Process