Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
thanks alot ....and was biometrics done in Canada or somewhere else ...
in my case it's Canada we did biometrics
New Delhi

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Guys any thoughts on this - If parents are in Canada and doing virtual landing then how goods to accompany / follow items are moved to Canada without being taxed ?

Harpreet84

Apr 24, 2019
Hi Everyone, a new member here. I applied for my parents under PGP2019. I received invitation on April 25, 2019. My application was received in Ottawa on June 17,2019. And i received acknowledgment of receipt email on Oct. 29, 2019. Online sponsor application status (In Process) shows that application processing started on Feb. 7, 2020. I have not heard anything from CIC yet. I was wondering if anybody else is in the same situation?
Thanks, Harpreet

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi Everyone, a new member here. I applied for my parents under PGP2019. I received invitation on April 25, 2019. My application was received in Ottawa on June 17,2019. And i received acknowledgment of receipt email on Oct. 29, 2019. Online sponsor application status (In Process) shows that application processing started on Feb. 7, 2020. I have not heard anything from CIC yet. I was wondering if anybody else is in the same situation?
Thanks, Harpreet
Click below link in tracker and see the situation yourself.

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add your info in tracker

Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Sponsor Province:
Invitations Receive Date:
Application received in Ottawa Date:
AoR Received (DATE):
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date:Date:Date:
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Local Visa Office Name:
Biometric request :
MyCIC update:
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date:Date:
PCC request:
Additional document / travel history request date :
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

Last edited:

Harpreet84

Apr 24, 2019
Thank you @laxsun
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese
Please add my info in tracker

Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:3
Parents Country of Citizenship:India
Sponsor Province:British Columbia
Invitations Receive Date:April 25, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date:June17, 2019
AoR Received (DATE):Oct.29, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Date: June 17, 2019Date:Feb.7,2020Date:
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Local Visa Office Name:
Biometric request :
MyCIC update:
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date:Date:
PCC request:
Additional document / travel history request date :
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

madisson

May 27, 2019
It was straight forward, we filled in the ArriveCAN app which gives you a reference number and that's all they asked for. Going through security they reminded us that we had 6 months stay if we don't get our PR in that time. Fingers crossed that we will get it soon. I sent a web form to IRCC informing them that we are now residing in Canada
Thank you for your response.

My MIL have approved Visa just 3 days ago, we are just waiting for Pre-departure sticker from one of the Philippine Government Agency and planning to book a ticket for to fly by November first week.

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Hi everyone, I have submitted my application for my mom last June. I finally received a letter yesterday (Sept 30, 2020) from CIC to inform me that they received the application on Jun 27, 2019, and provided a case file #.

In the letter, there is a paragraph as below. I am pretty sure I have included an IMM5768 in my original application. Open the link in the letter, the IMM5768 form is a newer version. Should I submit a copy using this newer version IMM5768? or this is just a generic message to acknowledge they have received the application? Thank you in advance for your prompt answer.

"
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents
and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your
Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada
Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income
tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received
date of your application.
..."

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Yes, you can apply for visitor visa extension within Canada. Please refer the below link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html

Even if you don't get visa extended by the expiry of the current visa, your parents can stay in Canada under "Implied Status" until the decision is made regarding the visitor visa extension. I will recommend applying a month before the current visa expiry
Thanks much for reply.
I will be applying visa extension in Oct
and visa ends in march -

Devang T

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS-- 18-06-2014; DECISION MADE-- 10 JULY, 2014
Passport Req..
July 24, 2014; SPOUSE PPR - 18 AUG
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 08, 2014;
Hello All,

My parents have applied for PCC in India but due to old address in passport they asked them to change to current address in passport before applying for PCC. Now we have applied for new passport with current address. My concern is do we need to notify CIC about the change in passport as I think passport# will get changed as well. Also how would I notify? Do I need to re-do any forms to show the new passport# ?

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi
I saw someone written in forum that they done biometrics in Delhi.
Just want to know if Biometrics can be done in New Delhi or not and how to get appointment as vfs in Chandigarh is closed.
Please advice

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi
Can anyone pls share what is being asked on Delhi airport while departure to canada and same on canada airport on arrival?
My parents have super visa and planning to come. I am wondering what documents should I send them to show that they r my immediate family members.
Thank you

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
I am not sure how it works when parents are already in Canada.
In my experience, my mom came here on super visa and the next day I called the public health authorities and then they booked her appointment.
I would say its better to call rather than waiting or maybe if someone else had similar experience if they could share the details with you.
Hi. I had the same situation. My mom is here in Canada she did medicals in the Philippines last December 2019 and medicals passed in May 2020. Then in July I received an email about the medical surveillance. After a week of receiving the email I got a call from the public health that she has to go for another X-ray and sputum test. After everything, another email came in after 1 month saying that my mom already complied the surveillance and her file has been updated. Goodluck with your parent! Hope this info helps.