+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

vs1980

Mar 30, 2015
Hi,
Your timeline is similar to mine. Havent you received Invitation to pre-arrival services letter?
[/QUOTE]
No pre-arrival letter. Have you got one already. Do I have to be worried for this or just wait and watch as NDVO has little to no movement.

Thanks

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Quick question - when parents are landing with COPR are they asked for any other documents such as: proof of relationship ?
anything else to expect ? How long does it take to complete the whole landing process?

Reactions: Anastasik

Anujbatta10

Dec 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2018
Hi just received the COPR in my CIC account. Thanks everyone!

One last question - does the COPR only address to the principal applicant? It does not have my mother's (dependent) name on it
Received the COPR for my mom as well in email. I can't speak for everyone but my advice for few people who have DM2 since March and have both the principal applicant and dependent in Canada, please reach out to CIC through webform to update their address to Canada.

Also in my case, I had emailed my local MP to help me out and I was surprised to see the reply from his office within couple of hours. I don't know what triggered CIC to issue the COPR but I sure believe it had something to do with my MP's office also reaching out to CIC.

Thank you so much everyone here! The canadavisa forum community is great and very helpful.

Reactions: serious_cheese

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Group, does anyone knows current timelines for biometrics in GTA. My mother got biometrics request but I see service canada is closed and they will call themself and give appointment.
Any idea what is current waitlist here..?????
New temporary public policy allowing permanent residence applicants to rely on biometrics previously submitted within the last 10 years. More info.

Who can get a biometrics appointment?
Biometrics collection services are currently available only for permanent residence applicants who have been contacted by a Service Canada officer and given a scheduled appointment.

Service Canada is calling those who have been waiting the longest to give their biometrics, based on

• the date their application was submitted to us
  • where they live
If you’re in a region where there are a lot of people waiting to give their biometrics, like the Greater Toronto Area, it may take longer for Service Canada to call you. They will contact you as soon as they can.

If you miss your scheduled appointment
If you miss your scheduled appointment for any reason, including because you have COVID-19 symptoms, a Service Canada officer will call you again to schedule a new appointment.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Last edited:

jolly12345

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Received the COPR for my mom as well in email. I can't speak for everyone but my advice for few people who have DM2 since March and have both the principal applicant and dependent in Canada, please reach out to CIC through webform to update their address to Canada.

Also in my case, I had emailed my local MP to help me out and I was surprised to see the reply from his office within couple of hours. I don't know what triggered CIC to issue the COPR but I sure believe it had something to do with my MP's office also reaching out to CIC.

Thank you so much everyone here! The canadavisa forum community is great and very helpful.
Hi can you please tell me wat is COPR??? When we will get it? after passport request or before passport request??

Thao N.

Aug 2, 2019
Got requests for my parents' criminal record check for Canada today as they live here for more than 6 months now. I only got the request for my mom but I am going to do for both of them tomorrow and send off to IRCC. Please update my line. CPC-M is back at work! Yay! :)

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Got requests for my parents' criminal record check for Canada today as they live here for more than 6 months now. I only got the request for my mom but I am going to do for both of them tomorrow and send off to IRCC. Please update my line. CPC-M is back at work! Yay! :)
R they already done with medicals and bio

Kapulani63

Dec 31, 2019
I finally see online that my application was received! All this time I had nothing but a Canada Post tracker assuring me that they had in fact received my application on June 27, 2019 and web form reply basically saying they're within the 2 year window so don't call us, we'll call you.