+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
June 20 applicant here. Received bio request yesterday. But, where can we do bio collection in Calgary?
Do your parents have a valid bio within the last 10 years? I am curious to see if they send bio just for cases that don't have a valid bio.

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
My parents were here in Canada when we were submitting the PR application, but recently they have returned back to home country.

On Monday, :)
We received a Passport Request Letter, the letter from High Commission on Canada and was same as other people are saying like submit your passport and photos to VFS global

On Tuesday,
We got another email from the IRCC, there were two attachments one for my Mom and one for my Dad, below is the summary of the letters

1) They were congratulating that they have got Permanent residence approved and says that This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada.
2) If we have left Canada and then we needs to reply to the email given:
3) This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it along with one photo.

I don't understand, why they have sent us two instructions, on Monday they asked us to send documents to vfs.
and then on Tuesday asking us to submit it to IRCC office here in Canada. Monday letter made more sense,

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
My parents were here in Canada when we were submitting the PR application, but recently they have returned back to home country.

We received a Passport Request Letter, the letter from High Commission on Canada and was same as other people are saying like submit your passport and photos to VFS global

On Tuesday,
We got another email from the IRCC, there were two attachments one for my Mom and one for my Dad, below is the summary of the letters

1) They were congratulating that they have got Permanent residence approved and says that This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada.
3) This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it along with one photo.

I don't understand, why they have sent us two instructions, on Monday they asked us to send documents to vfs.
and then on Tuesday asking us to submit it to IRCC office here in Canada. Monday letter made more sense,
Interested. But did they say your parents are pr or just approved??only completed so they are pr. I am thinking about IRCC will let applicants becoming PR outside canada. Lol hopefully

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

On Tuesday,

You needed to tell CIC that your parents left Canada. They don’t qualify for virtual landing as Outland applicants. You should you need to reply to the emailexplaining they are no longer in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Interested. But did they say your parents are pr or just approved??only completed so they are pr. I am thinking about IRCC will let applicants becoming PR outside canada. Lol hopefully
No they were unaware that the parents left Canada. They started calling people before sending the email but clearly that didn’t happen in this case. I does say you need to email them if you are not in Canada.

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
Hello Dear Friends,
I can see in tracker some applications are being stuck at "Application received" for Principal Applicant , but no communication received from CIC in those cases. Do any one have gone through similar previous experience where Sponsored Applicant is "Decision Made" but Principal applicant is still "Application received". Seniors @robertp @YULIA-2016 please advise.

@SIMHAR @Tropics @jascanada @padillag.tati @manishlahori @navin1207

Stylish007

Apr 16, 2019

On Tuesday,

When were their medicals done ? and which Visa Office and now what is the home country ?

Stylish007

Apr 16, 2019
Hello everyone
I am writing to check how to get RCMP police clearance done. My mom is in India and my dad is in Canada and I got request for both of them to complete Criminal record check and RCMP fingerprints. I am located in Alberta
Thanks !
In Alberta, Commissionaires accredited by RCMP are available. If you are in Calgary there is one near Deerfoot City. For India, you can file online request to the state police.

Reactions: Jaela778

Stylish007

Apr 16, 2019
i think @ayaan2019 is right about not everyone is requested to do police clearance in Canada. Your parents might be one of the lucky ones that do not require to do this that’s why you are not receiving any letter for RCMP fingerprint. So you will soon be getting DM2 and PPR with yr status.
Above age of 80 don't need fingerprinting or biometrics.

Stylish007

Apr 16, 2019
Hello Dear Friends,
I can see in tracker some applications are being stuck at "Application received" for Principal Applicant , but no communication received from CIC in those cases. Do any one have gone through similar previous experience where Sponsored Applicant is "Decision Made" but Principal applicant is still "Application received". Seniors @robertp @YULIA-2016 please advise.

@SIMHAR @Tropics @jascanada @padillag.tati @manishlahori @navin1207
same status. Anxious to know whats up.

Stylish007

Apr 16, 2019
Congratulations! I am in a similar situation as yours. My dad arrived from India on Sep 5th. I have updated the address but have not heard back from CIC yet on COPR or transfer of file. In your opinion would it be a good idea to call up CIC again? Also did CIC call you up to check whether parents are actually in Canada before emailing COPR?
Even my parents will be arriving soon on Visitor Visa. Please keep me posted about what happens next on your case.

Stylish007

Apr 16, 2019
Received the COPR for my mom as well in email. I can't speak for everyone but my advice for few people who have DM2 since March and have both the principal applicant and dependent in Canada, please reach out to CIC through webform to update their address to Canada.

Also in my case, I had emailed my local MP to help me out and I was surprised to see the reply from his office within couple of hours. I don't know what triggered CIC to issue the COPR but I sure believe it had something to do with my MP's office also reaching out to CIC.

Thank you so much everyone here! The canadavisa forum community is great and very helpful.
What was the phone number where you were able to reach an IRCC agent? I just get the voice mail.