+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Guys I have a question

I called ircc today to ask about my brother who is not considered my immediate faimly but is my father's depandant.

The agent told me when your father's gonna land on oct 7 he is gonna hand over his copr to the immigration officer he is gonna become a pr at that same moment. After that when your brother is gonna give his copr he can be considered as your fathers dependent ( so dependent of a permanent resident)

I mean it really depends on the officer.
And also we still have one month things might change by then and international borders might open up by then.

What are your thoughts on this guys?

@geol
@zeisfirdaus
@robertp
@cannuck78
My concern is boarding flight from India, if it's through then there won't be any issue at Canada airport.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Dependant means the Pearson is depending on main applicant and should immigrate together. What if your brother would be not 19 but 9 year old? Would you leave him behind for 2 weeks? Sounds non sense to me. Your father is immediate family member to you and if he allows immigrate he brings dependants with him. Your MP was right

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Dependant means the Pearson is depending on main applicant and should immigrate together. What if your brother would be not 19 but 9 year old? Would you leave him behind for 2 weeks? Sounds non sense to me. Your father is immediate family member to you and if he allows immigrate he brings dependants with him. Your MP was right
Ya You are right exactly my thought if he was a 7 year old he cant stay behind. But again they might say o so your parents could have waited till travel restrictions ease.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hey you are right. Do you know how can I make sure they don't create problems. Shall I call them?
Hi, you can call the airline customer care and record your conversation. You can give the reference of your MP email. If you finalize to take the flight by your parents and brother, make sure they should carry a print out of the MP mail for reference. Hopefully there may be some favorable updates from 1st October as well. Let's hope everything moves smoothly. All the best for your parents and bro.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Ya You are right exactly my thought if he was a 7 year old he cant stay behind. But again they might say o so your parents could have waited till travel restrictions ease.
Go to Canada.ca and read the definition on dependant at the travel restrictions section. Under immediate fam member listed dependant child of a principal applicant! so your brother is absolutely can come with parents. Good luck!