+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
If they have 6 months of history in Canada, maybe that's a reason you got fingerprint requests. Once they are back you can submit this request.
Does it have to be continuous stay of 6 months in Canada for RCMP fingerprint trigger?

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hi All, I have kind of good news for people that are processing their application at the Mexico office and parents are here in Canada. My mom’s application has been approved.

As per June 25, 2020 email
“I can confirm that the file has been approved but that, do to the coronavirus pandemic, we are not in a position to proceed to the final steps. Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency; suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications, to request/receive passports, and to print visas. Equally, we are not in a position to extend or re-issue permanent resident visas for those who are unable to travel before the expiration of their documents. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so.”

I replied to this email saying that she was here in Canada and I would like her application to be sent to a Canadian office for final steps, they replied back with this yesterday:

“Please note that your application has already been flagged for an in-Canada landing, though we do not have any part of the proceedings beyond informing our in-Canada offices that you are presently located in Canada. In-Canada landings are being performed as capacity allows, though note that these offices are also facing COVID-related disruptions”

so for people in my similar situation you might be getting your in-Canada landing too. I haven’t received yet but we might soon.

Reactions: serious_cheese

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020
Does it have to be continuous stay of 6 months in Canada for RCMP fingerprint trigger?
I feel only IRCC can give a definitive answer. This request may be due to any number of reasons - one of which may be that the original finger prints were not of high quality so they took advantage of the fact that the applicants are in Canada to take the fingerprints again.

Mandriva

Jun 19, 2014
I submitted an address change for sponsor/representative (myself) 2 weeks ago using a web form.
I still see old email address on ECAS.

Is it normal? How long does it typically take to update it?
I used a link dedicated to Warsaw office webform submission.

Thank you.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I submitted an address change for sponsor/representative (myself) 2 weeks ago using a web form.
I still see old email address on ECAS.

Is it normal? How long does it typically take to update it?
I used a link dedicated to Warsaw office webform submission.

Thank you.
Your email address or Address?

Call them, they can change it over the call and will take 3-4 business day to get updated on ECAS

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Has anyone applied visitor record (visa extension) for parents? In the checklist, it mentioned that it needs marriage certificate and financial proof. Because my parents are in Canada, and their marriage certificate is in home country. As well as the bank statement, because they are not in home country now. It's hard to get the bank statement or bank account balance's proof, if you are not in the bank face to face. Seeking advice. Thanks in advance.

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020
Has anyone applied visitor record (visa extension) for parents? In the checklist, it mentioned that it needs marriage certificate and financial proof. Because my parents are in Canada, and their marriage certificate is in home country. As well as the bank statement, because they are not in home country now. It's hard to get the bank statement or bank account balance's proof, if you are not in the bank face to face. Seeking advice. Thanks in advance.
I believe they are looking for your ability to afford their stay in Canada. So you need to submit your financial profile. There is no need to submit your parents' financial profile. But this is just my opinion. That is what we did when we applied for visitor visa extension. Our visa extension is still under process.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe they are looking for your ability to afford their stay in Canada. So you need to submit your financial profile. There is no need to submit your parents' financial profile. But this is just my opinion. That is what we did when we applied for visitor visa extension. Our visa extension is still under process.
Same here...
I just submitted my financial statements and I had a copy of their marriage certificate. You may find their name on your birth certificate and may use that instead (just my guess)
My request is in process...

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
I think you can attach the account summary statements (for sponsor and applicants) which are easily available online. Remember the limit of the document is 4 MBs. For the marriage document of your parents, I am not sure. Passports of few countries carry the name of spouse so you can submit that document along with an explanation letter.