+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ELH

May 26, 2014
Hi All, I have kind of good news for people that are processing their application at the Mexico office and parents are here in Canada. My mom’s application has been approved.

As per June 25, 2020 email
“I can confirm that the file has been approved but that, do to the coronavirus pandemic, we are not in a position to proceed to the final steps. Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency; suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications, to request/receive passports, and to print visas. Equally, we are not in a position to extend or re-issue permanent resident visas for those who are unable to travel before the expiration of their documents. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so.”

I replied to this email saying that she was here in Canada and I would like her application to be sent to a Canadian office for final steps, they replied back with this yesterday:

“Please note that your application has already been flagged for an in-Canada landing, though we do not have any part of the proceedings beyond informing our in-Canada offices that you are presently located in Canada. In-Canada landings are being performed as capacity allows, though note that these offices are also facing COVID-related disruptions”

so for people in my similar situation you might be getting your in-Canada landing too. I haven’t received yet but we might soon.
Thanks for sharing this .. my parents are waiting on the last step which is the PA approval and Passport request .. I just need to know as I am so confused about this, are they now giving the approval in an email (COPR) which can be used to land (if the are outside Canada currently) and they won't be stamping the immigration visa on the passports ? I hope someone can clarify this to me.

pestoo

Jul 21, 2014
I submitted an address change for sponsor/representative (myself) 2 weeks ago using a web form.
I still see old email address on ECAS.

Is it normal? How long does it typically take to update it?
I used a link dedicated to Warsaw office webform submission.

Thank you.
I submitted last oct, it never got changed (until now) :)

nikichunliu

Oct 30, 2017
Hi Folks, wondering if anyone has the same situation as me.

My parents got their CoPR on March 24, 2020, and the paper will expire on Sep 17, 2020.

Although the website says there is travel restriction, but they also said the immediate family can come in. I called the IRCC, they sent me this website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#immediate

and asked me to evaluate the situation myself.... speechless.

I wonder if any of you is in the same situation and if any of you have successfully shipped your parents over?

Thanks!

Reactions: lenalucky

pestoo

Jul 21, 2014
Hi Folks, wondering if anyone has the same situation as me.

My parents got their CoPR on March 24, 2020, and the paper will expire on Sep 17, 2020.

Although the website says there is travel restriction, but they also said the immediate family can come in. I called the IRCC, they sent me this website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#immediate

and asked me to evaluate the situation myself.... speechless.

I wonder if any of you is in the same situation and if any of you have successfully shipped your parents over?

Thanks!
I have read multiple posts on a forum that their parents coming in as a visitor (with visitor visa) and they have no problem with it. What they needed were 1) relationship proof; 2) plan of quarantine ( you just prepare one and show it to the customs), and other regular stuff that s needed for getting in Canada (arriveCann app etc). My understanding is that if your parents have visitor visa then they can come in as a visitor first, then see whether they can land in Canada - provided that they can land in Canada.

I just checked the website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html?fbclid=IwAR31GoQuYVeMrRXnQIVECSLdnU95rWTmZ5LYs2C1UjQhuloEd87HUoLt7cc#approved and I think they just updated the website.

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your CoPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR and:

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 OR
  • the COPR was issued after March 18th, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time) OR
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also:
  • be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days
Based on the info above I think they are exempt from the travel restrictions with their valid COPR.

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Thanks for sharing this .. my parents are waiting on the last step which is the PA approval and Passport request .. I just need to know as I am so confused about this, are they now giving the approval in an email (COPR) which can be used to land (if the are outside Canada currently) and they won't be stamping the immigration visa on the passports ? I hope someone can clarify this to me.
For parents are outland, usually they will have ppr. If parents are inland, they can get corp via email.

Reactions: ELH

rohan85

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto

So my parents (in New Delhi) are awaiting their PR. Above is the latest update on their application. I am wondering what "Background Check" entails? Although they haven't been asked for PCC till now, should we just apply for a PCC beforehand so that we have it ready just in case they ask for it? Will save time. Suggestions?

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018

So my parents (in New Delhi) are awaiting their PR. Above is the latest update on their application. I am wondering what "Background Check" entails? Although they haven't been asked for PCC till now, should we just apply for a PCC beforehand so that we have it ready just in case they ask for it? Will save time. Suggestions?
How long its been in this this state. my parents Application also in Delhi is at same stage from one month.

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Hey guys I have decided to go ahead and book my parents and brother flights this week.

Can u guys please help out with which flight to book.

They have new copr approved on july 2nd.

They will be coming from mumbai

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Hey guys I have decided to go ahead and book my parents and brother flights this week.

What was the process followed for new COPR?
Where are you based in Canada? Asking so that suggestions for best flight options can be provided :)

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

curious205

Mar 20, 2018

That's pretty much a standard info you'd see on your file, and they are likely not even doing background check. You can go right ahead and provide PCC to them before they ask for it. It could speed things up.

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020

I recommend my very resourceful travel agent. You may contact him at WhatsApp +16478479914.

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
What was the process followed for new COPR?

On the website it reads

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 OR
  • the COPR was issued after March 18th, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time) OR
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)

Where are you based in Canada? Asking so that suggestions for best flight options can be provided :)

I am in Toronto. We need something from mumbai to Toronto. As my parents are in surat. It will be too much of a drive from surat to delhi.