+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Thanks for the advise. Did CIC reach out to you asking to renew your dads passport?
Also, how do you submit copies of new passport to them?
Back in February I had to inform London VO, that one of the passports on file will expire in May, they told me to use the Webform;
After you click submit it will ask you: Do you want to attach any files?
Just click yes, and attach the scan of the passport bio page.
Hope it helps!

Last edited:

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Dear Members,
There is not movement in my Parents PR file since some time in March 2020.
Is it wise to bring my parents in Canada using their existing Super visa and finish remaining of the process here.
Will bringing them here on super visa will have any impact on existing processing PR.
Please let me know if it is a bad idea.

Thanks
No any impact on existing processing PR file. make sure to update new parents address on existing PR file.

Reactions: ELH

salmanali203

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2 jan 2017
Med's Done....
Med Passed 16 Feb 2017
Passport Req..
09-03-2017
Hi everyone!
My application status on the CIC web site is following:
1. June 13, 2019 - PGP app received
2. January 29, 2020 - medical exam instructions received
3. Medical results have been received.

In fact it was one more request from CIC on Jan 31, 2020 for Biometrics, Police Certificate, CV/Resume & IMM5562.

We submitted everything, now waiting..... Our app processed at CPC-Mississauga.
Does anyone know what if our medical results expire/nearly expire by the time decision made. Will the expiry date be extended due to COVID?
i am in the same situation. Medical was passed in march and submitted all the documents cv/pcc/passport scans etc in april. But no update after that.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hi everyone!
My application status on the CIC web site is following:
1. June 13, 2019 - PGP app received
2. January 29, 2020 - medical exam instructions received
3. Medical results have been received.

In fact it was one more request from CIC on Jan 31, 2020 for Biometrics, Police Certificate, CV/Resume & IMM5562.

We submitted everything, now waiting..... Our app processed at CPC-Mississauga.
Does anyone know what if our medical results expire/nearly expire by the time decision made. Will the expiry date be extended due to COVID?
Same here file at CPC-M, feeling apprehensive that medicals might expire before they resume processing.

harshad patel

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Hello, What is the reason they sent Per-arrival service letter? I keep checking status but still it says process. Any one has idea how long take after they send pre-arrival service letter. I never see anyone got this letter.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hello, What is the reason they sent Per-arrival service letter? I keep checking status but still it says process. Any one has idea how long take after they send pre-arrival service letter. I never see anyone got this letter.
What's pre-arrival letter? Which VO?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
in some case NDVO sent Pre-arrival letter with medical request, few applicant got Pre arrival letter Nov. - Dec. 2019 and still waiting for DM2 and PPR.

Reactions: geol

Rajinder.kaur

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
I hot pre arrival letter on 25th of june but nothing after that.
I received it from new delhi.

mayorok

Oct 20, 2013
Burlington
I called CBSA just to make sure my parents and brother (20)will be allowed to board the plane as copr are issued on July 2nd

I was told they wouldn't be. As they have copr and not visitor visa. Currently due to the pandemic under family reunification immediate faimly members ate allowed to come if they are visiting.

Nothing for Copr stamped after march 18.

Also if they will even allow my parents to come as immediate family member but my brother will still be left out as he is not my immediate family

Hi, I am in the same boat. My mother's case was fully approved (just a few days) after March 18 and her COPR is to expire at the end of October. I am not risking asking her flying here to land given the current restrictions.

However, I wonder how you and other forum members would interpret a statement (see below my highlighting in red font - extracted from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html).

As a parent of a Canadian citizen/permanent resident IS considered an immediate family member, I wonder if the below clause does mean the approved applicant (after March 18, 2020) is allowed to travel now on COPR... Please let me know your thoughts.

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your CoPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR and:

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 OR
  • the COPR was issued after March 18th, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time) OR
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hi, I am in the same boat. My mother's case was fully approved (just a few days) after March 18 and her COPR is to expire at the end of October. I am not risking asking her flying here to land given the current restrictions.

However, I wonder how you and other forum members would interpret a statement (see below my highlighting in red font - extracted from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html).

As a parent of a Canadian citizen/permanent resident IS considered an immediate family member, I wonder if the below clause does mean the approved applicant (after March 18, 2020) is allowed to travel now on COPR... Please let me know your thoughts.

If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your CoPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR and:

• the COPR was issued after March 18th, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time) OR
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
It sounds like parents are OK to come (even if corp was issued after March 18). I would call immigration lawyer to clarify (just to be on the safe side).

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019

If you’re outside Canada

This seems to be a new rule as of August 18th. Up until last week, IRCC was advising clients that only those with COPR before March 18th or visitors visa was allowed into Canada

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Sorry if this is a silly question but I wanted to be sure before proceeding.
I need to send a web form to IRCC informing them of my baby's birth. Whose information do I put as Applicant and who's do I put as Enquirer. Since this affects the sponsorship file I thought both would be my information but not sure. Please advise. Thanks in advance