+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Does anyone know if IRCC will grant extension to medical expiry dates? I'm afraid that at the speed they are currently going, medicals/PCC will easily expire :(

Reactions: caninfoseeker

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone know if IRCC will grant extension to medical expiry dates? I'm afraid that at the speed they are currently going, medicals/PCC will easily expire :(
Processing times posted for PGP were 12-24 months before covid so CIC is still within their processing times. It is not unheard of for medicals to be required to be repeated for various PR programs. It is also possible for new medical requirements to be waived by the case officer. Nobody can guarantee what will happen with cases.

shivibrar

Jun 9, 2015
Hi All,
I have a question about the travel from India to Canada.
My mother was issued her CoPR on July 07,2020 and is valid till Oct 11, 2020.
Is she allowed to travel on current special flights by Air india?
I saw a directive tht says the application has to be approved before march 18 for travel. Does it still apply?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi All,
I have a question about the travel from India to Canada.
My mother was issued her CoPR on July 07,2020 and is valid till Oct 11, 2020.
Is she allowed to travel on current special flights by Air india?
I saw a directive tht says the application has to be approved before march 18 for travel. Does it still apply?
Yes, She can. Immediate family members for Canadian Permanent Residents/Citizens can travel to Canada.

Reactions: serious_cheese

honeymai

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Inland
Category........
Visa Office......
Novia Scotia
NOC Code......
B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2015
Doc's Request.
20-09-201$
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
May ,2015
Med's Done....
June 1, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Please update my status. Mother took medical before COVID last March 12 but medical was reviewed/passed only last May 29. For now. didn't have any update after that. Hopefully after, all applications will start rolling again and will see approved decisions soon.

techmindz

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
Hello everyone,

Out of curiosity for parents landing in Alberta - what other benefits do they qualify for aside from health benefits?

Do they qualify for prescription insurance/drug plan too?

Thanks

Geoche

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hi anyone here whose parents have visitor visa arrived to Canada recently? Can you pls let me know if for quarantine they need to be book to hotel for 14 days? What Will the officer ask/need once they arrive in Airport here in Canada. Thank you so much

raihiker

Jul 10, 2019
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Hello Guys,

My application for my Parents was received in Ottawa in June 27, 2019. Additional documents were requested on Nov 7, 2019 and submitted via email on the same day as well. I haven't received any updated from CIC about the application at all. I haven't received the application number as well to check the status.
Can anyone guide me if I shoud contact CIC or leave it as it is taking long time for everybody's application.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi anyone here whose parents have visitor visa arrived to Canada recently? Can you pls let me know if for quarantine they need to be book to hotel for 14 days? What Will the officer ask/need once they arrive in Airport here in Canada. Thank you so much
Every traveler would need to submit a plan - either on paper or through the app

Reactions: Geoche

bjsdefz

Aug 7, 2020
Hello Guys,

My application for my Parents was received in Ottawa in June 27, 2019. Additional documents were requested on Nov 7, 2019 and submitted via email on the same day as well. I haven't received any updated from CIC about the application at all. I haven't received the application number as well to check the status.
Can anyone guide me if I shoud contact CIC or leave it as it is taking long time for everybody's application.
Hope it makes you less stressed -- you are definitely not alone; you, @marcher, one of my colleagues, and myself, we have at least these four people who share this similar timeline/situation, where we are still waiting for the AOR. My colleague and I both have our applications submitted without the need to submit additional documents; therefore, the only communication with CIC we have to date was by us proactively calling the CIC Call Centre and got this verbal confirmation that the packages have been received and are complete. I think that at this moment, without the file being activated, there is little that we can do, but be patient and hopeful that the 24-month timeline is honoured. The COVID is not helping either, as PGP is likely one of their last priorities; we could only be grateful that they are still keeping this programme alive and the 24-month timeline unchanged. With so limited staff availability, I think that their priorities right now are work and study permits dossiers and the spousal PRs (also see the loud protests this past weekend).

Reactions: canuck78 and Verba