+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

valpis

Jan 28, 2019
Guys, does anyone know if criminal/police record is a required step or can be skipped (e.g if parent already has Canadian visa)? I see some of the entries in tracker don't have it and we didn't receive it as well.
Thanks!

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Hi Everyone :)
Hope and wish all is well.
Please advise if anyone knows about Mississauga Visa office, when can we expect Mississauga office will open and start processing our files.
Thank You and stay safe!

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Guys, does anyone know if criminal/police record is a required step or can be skipped (e.g if parent already has Canadian visa)? I see some of the entries in tracker don't have it and we didn't receive it as well.
Thanks!
The PCC is perhaps required as part of background check. I think they will ask for it at some point before the visa is issued. There are different types of cases/applications, hence different treatment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

My brother got his work permit a month ago, I wanted to apply for his health card. Does anyone know what is the process and are they doing it only in-person or Online application can be applied ?

Thank you
What province does he live in? Does he have a job? Is he in Canada. He needs to apply for his own health card if he qualifies.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, can anyone please help with my question.

We are waiting for our PPR from CPC Mississauga since March 4 2020 when we received our DM2. We are looking to move to Canada with all our possessions at the end of this month as our property has been sold. Does anyone know whether we will have any issues with this as, at this moment in time we have no PPR. We would be staying with our daughter (after 14 day quarantine), we can stay for 6 months and are hoping we will get our PPR within that time. Thank you
You won’t be able to move you can only visit until you get your COPR. If you show up at the border with all your belongings would expect to be denied entry.

S-u-r-r-e-y

Feb 13, 2019
When was your COPR issued? Are you from 2019 or 2018 applicants?
Flights are now open and they can visit with the COPR. If you cannot make it, contact them for an extension. I didn't hear anyone went through the extension process.

I contacted few travel companies, none of them were open for booking though.

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
What province does he live in? Does he have a job? Is he in Canada. He needs to apply for his own health card if he qualifies.
Thank you for your response. He lives in Ontario. Yes he has a job. And I know he qualifies. My question was about online or in-person application btw. Nvm :)

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Hello world and greetings to all, I am not sure if anyone is on the same boat. Having submitted the application to CPC-Ottawa on 06-27, till date, I have not even received a single correspondence (e.g. AOR, missing document request, etc) from the CIC. I have called the CIC in mid January, and the agent confirmed that the package has been received and is complete; "no missing documents, and just have to wait for the processing agent to activate your file", and "once it is activated, you will receive a file number without the preceding X". Not sure if anyone has similar experiences, but it has been another half a year in silence without any AOR or correspondence, and the application could be found on neither the eCAS (either with mine or my parents' UCIs) or myCIC.
Same situation here, according to the agent technically they have until June 27th, 2021 (2 years) to make a decision, and with the current situation they probably will end up taking that long.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hi Everyone :)
Hope and wish all is well.
Please advise if anyone knows about Mississauga Visa office, when can we expect Mississauga office will open and start processing our files.
Thank You and stay safe!
No idea, hopefully they resume processing soon. I haven't heard from them regarding my mom's file in months.