+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
No, Medical has not been requested as of yet. Is this normal? When can I expect medical request?
Based on the tracker some individuals receive Medical requests after pre-arrival service letter. Unfortunately there's no defined timeline/order as it varies case-by-case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any update from NDVO. Decicision made since Feb 2020. No information after that. Parents are in Canada . IS NDVO sending COPR instead of PPR for virtyal landing?,. Just concerned, their medical expired on Aug 15.
Good morning everyone. I just wanted to ask if anyone in these group encountered the same issue? I received an email for Medical Surveillance for my mom's PR application last July 8, 2020. They called us after a week of me receiving the email. My mom has repeat x-ray and went to Alberta Health services Tuberculosis clinic in Calgary yesterday, She did repeat sputum test. After that what will be the next step? Thanks everyone.
She likely didn't give a good enough sample if it was repeated recently.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
She likely didn't give a good enough sample if it was repeated recently.
She had her medical passed last May 28, 2020. So that's why not sure why I received Medical Surveillance for her PR application.

Reactions: serious_cheese

shaks999

Jul 31, 2018
It means that the London VO has started processing the application for the principal applicant. You can expect medical and PCC next, followed by DM for PA. Medical can be done in Canada.
Thanks Hamied - can you advise the timeline for when to expect Medical & PCC request? I know it varies by various factors but just a high level approximation? Appreciate your help!

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news from CPC-Mississauga? If they are back to work or not. Stuck there since February and waiting for sponsor approval. It's too frustrating. June 18 2019 application received. Parents are here and I updated them but no progress

shaks999

Jul 31, 2018
at least medical officer is working, I have August 4th medical exam passed.
Hello - how long did it take from time your processing started (as of ecas status) to medical request? Also - when(if) did you get the PCC request?

Do they email you these requests as well or just send by mail? Thanks!

Lhay

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Good morning everyone. I just wanted to ask if anyone in these group encountered the same issue? I received an email for Medical Surveillance for my mom's PR application last July 8, 2020. They called us after a week of me receiving the email. My mom has repeat x-ray and went to Alberta Health services Tuberculosis clinic in Calgary yesterday, She did repeat sputum test. After that what will be the next step? Thanks everyone.
Will be depend on the result of the test. As for my father, he has TB but INACTIVE. The doctor advised to have a healthy leaving and do some physical activities (exercise). Avoid anything that TB will be triggered to be active (he advise things to avoid, maintain and develop)

Hope it helps.
Wish you all the best and your mom!

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
You must make sure that theur address has chanfed to a Canadian ine if they filled out the applucation while abroad.
Where would I be able to check that? I am sure that I had put the current address as canada one when applying. Also for my Mum they had requested rcmp fingerprinting which was sent to them in February.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Will be depend on the result of the test. As for my father, he has TB but INACTIVE. The doctor advised to have a healthy leaving and do some physical activities (exercise). Avoid anything that TB will be triggered to be active (he advise things to avoid, maintain and develop)

Hope it helps.
Wish you all the best and your mom!
Thank you so much. I have sent you PM as well.

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Not sure if this helps anyone, but I wrote to the Mexico Visa Office to ask if they had any idea on timeline. My mom got her CSQ back in December but we have heard nothing since then. Basically, they can't work on applications since the office is closed.

Good day,

The file is pending an eligibility review. Note that we are presently experiencing considerable delays. Unfortunately, I do not have any timeline to assist you. Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency; suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications such as permanent residence applications. Equally, we are not in a position to extend or re-issue permanent resident visas for those who are unable to travel before the expiration of their documents. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so.
Wow! Thank you for sharing this. I guess we are the very unlucky ones having our parents files stuck in Mexico.

labibfares

May 5, 2019
He can stay in the basement if he is the only person who stays down there and there is a door to close off from the other floors. You can then drop off any food at the door In the basement and once you return upstairs he can get the food. Yes you can pick up a relative if you don’t come into close contact with them. I would wear gloves to pick up the luggage and would wear an N95 mask. Passengers should be in the backseat on the opposite side of the driver and you should drive with your windows at least partially open to create good airflow when driving. Your parent should also be wearing a mask. When you arrive home you should clean off any place that could have been touched, especially by hands, in the car. I assume you are not working or have contact with a vulnerable population whether it be the immunocompromiseds, elderly, infants or pregnant women. If you are, another driver would be best.

Edit: Just read that you are a doctor. You shouldn’t be picking up anyone up from the airport when there are other options. Why risk your patient population? In your case you need to be extra cautious about making sure you are not exposed to covid.
Thanks for the detailed answer which I totally agree with , I will try to arrange for someone to pick up and rent short term Apt for him.