+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is not mandatory in the sense that there is no fine or penalty of not keeping the insurance. However, there is an implied understanding that one has to have the insurance in case one needs it. I have heard stories where people have had to sell their houses to pay for medical bills for visiting parents.
Yes it is one of the requirements of a supervisa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys my mother is here on super visa for over an year and an applicant for PR under PGP 2019. Now her initial medical insurance coverage has expired after 1 year.
Is it mandatory that she needs to renew insurance for another 1 year or 6 months is also doable?
Pls. comment.

Thanks
Yes you have to purchase supervisa insurance. It is part of the requirements of the visa. It is also just a smart idea.

Reactions: sandybrampton

Irshad67

Feb 1, 2020
Hello,
Line tracker 739.

I have received the e- mail from London office with Subject " Acknowledgement of Receipt - IRCC London" and explained the further process that they will start eligibility process.
Please advise how it work and what will be next and how long will take to determine the eligibility process.

Appreciate your assistance
Regards

Irshad

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello,
Line tracker 739.

I have received the e- mail from London office with Subject " Acknowledgement of Receipt - IRCC London" and explained the further process that they will start eligibility process.
Please advise how it work and what will be next and how long will take to determine the eligibility process.

Appreciate your assistance
Regards

Irshad
Next step in your case appears to be PCC and IME request from London visa office.
Keep checking your ecas and myCIC pages.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello! Update line 246, please - July 31, 2020 You passed the medical exam, pre-arrival service letter received July 31, 2020. Still nothing about PCC and other additional documents.
That is good. Only PCC left but they may not need any additional documents.
Are your parents in Canada?
Keep checking ecas and myCIC pages.

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
A friend of mine who did a recent landing at YVR said she filled out the ArriveCAN form online 48hr before landing. She got a reference code to print and brought it along. That helped her reduce the waiting time quite a bit. She said that she also filled out Traveller contact information form.

If your parents aren’t carrying a mobile phone with ArriveCAN app, this is an alternative. I thought it’s good information to share here.
Thank you for that information, it’s really helpful. Is the contact traveller information form given out on the aircraft? Thank you

Reactions: curious205

labibfares

May 5, 2019
Hi Everyone, I have few questions and hope some one will able to help.

My father in law has a super visa , his application for PR was approved and request letter to submit his passport was sent in March , but because of COVID all VAC were closed and he could not submit his passport.
Now, we are planning to bring him to Canada on his supervise and then sent his passport to Ottawa to finish the application of PR.

I will buy him an Emergency medical insurance to cover any medical emergency until he gets his PR.

My questions her is about the 14 days quarantine ?

Do I need to rent a hotel / temporary furnished Apt for 14 days , I have a large house and he can stay in master bedroom with its own bathroom, or he can stay in the basement , is this possible ?
I am aware about ArrivCanada Ap and I think we will help him filling the webform ( he is not good with Technology )
I will be the one picking him up from airport wearing a mask ?
I hope his arrive will be smooth with no problems , please share any other recommendations.

Thanks in advance

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
you can request 1 year at a time.
I've tried requesting 2 years at one time but they on

you can request 1 year at a time.
I've tried requesting 2 years at one time but they only approved 1 year
Thanks, Did you submit any supporting documents for the reason of extension? I want to see if pandemic is enough as a reason of extension
[/QUOTE]
Yes it is. My parents got extension. Only reason i mentioned was pandemic.