+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

farfp

Feb 22, 2011
Hi all,
Did anyone get visa & COPR recently in June, July for parents (2019 parents sponsorship) that are living outside of Canada now? Are visa offices outside of Canada active to issue visa or not?
It will be great, if any information will be shared. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Better yet, to have the test upon arrival to make sure they are covid-negative at least for the day.
The airports aren’t setting up testing sights at the airport because there wouldn’t be enough testing to warrant being there all day everyday. Someone could have caught covid during their travels and it may not show up yet since they were exposed in the last 12-24 hours. The false negative rate is pretty high for these tests so you’d still have to quarantine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We are exposed to covid everyday unless you don't go out - it's a matter of luck whether you got it or not. How would taxi or uber driver won't accept anyone who sit upfront or behind him? If you are a family of 4 (2 couples with 2 toddlers), are you going split hire 2 to 4 cars? Like I said before, some countries require people to undergo the test upon arrival and within 72 hours before departure outside Canada. Stripping is not needed. You can strip yourself after grocery shopping or work or delivering pizza if you want.
You can certainly decrease your chances of exposure so getting covid is not about luck in most cases. If you go out to large parties you increase your chances of getting covid for example. If you work in healthcare your chances go up. Sure there are some unlucky people who have been avoiding crowds, work from home, wear a mask, wash their hands and use hand sanitizer but ,any of the cases we are seeing recently are people who are not social distancing, not always wearing masks and have returned to an active social life interacting with different large groups.

Yes Uber has a covid policy and the driver will cancel your ride if you won’t follow their health and safety rules. The family of 4 would need 2 ubers. I assume the taxis have the same health and safety rules. Testing 72 hours before the flight and getting accurate and fast enough results are not available in all countries including many places in the US. A person could pick up covid in those 72 hours but may have a false sense of security. Quarantine is the most effective option because of a relatively high incidence of false positives and our infrastructure is not set-up for people to get a test done a home. Quarantining for 14 days is not that difficult.

After flying and traveling for a day or more with covid around I would imagine that people would take off their clothes right away and put them in the laundry machine to clean them. Lots of nurses and doctors changing out of their scrubs in the garage and taking a shower right away when they get home.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Testing 72 hours before the flight and getting accurate and fast enough results are not available in all countries including many places in the US. A person could pick up covid in those 72 hours but may have a false sense of security. Quarantine is the most effective option because of a relatively high incidence of false positives and our infrastructure is not set-up for people to get a test done a home. Quarantining for 14 days is not that difficult.
Testing 72 hours before flight is available in many countries including the Philippines! No one is saying quarantining for 14 days is difficult. But it's just waste of time. Also couldn't they pick up covid in those 14 days and have a false sense of security? If we have the infrastructure, we can do additional testing two or three days before the end of the quarantine period to add some sense of security. Testing at home is not that difficult. The saliva samples from the quarantiner can be collected and transported by a friend or a paid courier to the collection point / testing facility. If the test result is positive, they can be contacted for further follow-ups.

After flying and traveling for a day or more with covid around I would imagine that people would take off their clothes right away and put them in the laundry machine to clean them. Lots of nurses and doctors changing out of their scrubs in the garage and taking a shower right away when they get home.
Laundry machines are not always available especially when people are staying in hotel rooms and airbnb suites. I assume you take off your clothes and put them in your laundry machine right away after your trips to grocery shopping, work and party?

Last edited:

ELH

May 26, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I need your guidance and expertise - My parents have been waiting for the passport letter requests since Feb. 2020, they have completed all the regular steps before, the biometrics, medical, PCC and also send copies of their passports to the visa office in Egypt (as requested by them). I understand the COVID-19 situation is delaying all processing times like for many of you but my question is, they do have supervisa that is valid - Can they come to Canada with the Supervisa ?

If they do come, what would happen if the visa office in Egypt requested the passports to finalize the application ? Do they have to go back ?
I mean - I am concerned about the expiry dates for the medical and PCC and also want them to be here during this time.

Also , I have read in this forum that some are getting CORP letters that they can use to travel to Canada, is that something new ? Does that replace the stamp on the passports ?

Thank you!

gestacio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Sponsorship approved and PR application in process (medical passed). At this point, can I switch principal apppicant to my mother? My parents are on the verge of separating. I would appreciate any info. Thanks!!

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I need your guidance and expertise - My parents have been waiting for the passport letter requests since Feb. 2020, they have completed all the regular steps before, the biometrics, medical, PCC and also send copies of their passports to the visa office in Egypt (as requested by them). I understand the COVID-19 situation is delaying all processing times like for many of you but my question is, they do have supervisa that is valid - Can they come to Canada with the Supervisa ?

If they do come, what would happen if the visa office in Egypt requested the passports to finalize the application ? Do they have to go back ?
I mean - I am concerned about the expiry dates for the medical and PCC and also want them to be here during this time.

Also , I have read in this forum that some are getting CORP letters that they can use to travel to Canada, is that something new ? Does that replace the stamp on the passports ?

Thank you!
If they are inland, you can sent the passport to Ottawa.

The corp letter is not a new thing, everyone will get it with visa, but you will get corp via email when applicants are inland

Reactions: ELH

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Testing 72 hours before flight is available in many countries including the Philippines! No one is saying quarantining for 14 days is difficult. But it's just waste of time. Also couldn't they pick up covid in those 14 days and have a false sense of security? If we have the infrastructure, we can do additional testing two or three days before the end of the quarantine period to add some sense of security. Testing at home is not that difficult. The saliva samples from the quarantiner can be collected and transported by a friend or a paid courier to the collection point / testing facility. If the test result is positive, they can be contacted for further follow-ups.

Laundry machines are not always available especially when people are staying in hotel rooms and airbnb suites. I assume you take off your clothes and put them in your laundry machine right away after your trips to grocery shopping, work and party?
Testing is not available in all countries and unless you take a test right before entering the airport the airport there is no guarantee you haven’t been infected by covid in those 72 hours. If people want to visit or want to return to Canada they have to quarantine for 14 days. Testing all the people returning would add to costs and many entering are visitors. Many provinces are already reaching their max capacity for testing daily.

If no laundry is available put your travel clothes in a garbage bag. If I was in an area where there was a high chance of covid exposure l would wash my clothing and shower when coming home. Many working in LTC and hospitals do this and so do flight attendants, airport staff, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sponsorship approved and PR application in process (medical passed). At this point, can I switch principal apppicant to my mother? My parents are on the verge of separating. I would appreciate any info. Thanks!!
Yes you can change. Would you then be including your father as non-accompanying? You’ll need to specify that.