+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hey Friends
I had some questions if someone can answer....

1. Has Delhi office for Canada start issuing PPR..?

2. I saw VFS is close for Passport submission for stamping...
If that's the case and we need to stamp passport how can we do that..?

3. My parents are here on Visitor VISA can I change my application from OUTSIDE to INSIDE applicant.?
or Do they have to have go back India before they finally land as a PR.

Thanks in advance.!!
They can stay here as visitor and they can land inside.

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I think it can happen if you are submitting the form on behalf of your principal applicant. The applicant would be your parent and you are the sponsor. It happened once with me when I was inquiring about my parent's sponsorship application. I sent them clarification that I am the sponsor/representative and gave the details of PA. They then confirmed it to be correct. They are not responding these days, so good to hear that you atleast have reached their radar. Best
I am also the representative on the file. The web form never seems to work for me. All I get is a generic e-mail back. I called to update the file and they couldn’t help me either. I asked her what I’m supposed to do if I can’t update the information using the web form and her answer was, “Well, you have to update it.” Like seriously, there is no help for anything with this stupid system.

pal007

Jul 17, 2019
I have applied for parents 7th june 2019 , fule moved to mississaiga after that i did not get any email or update it still shows in process ! Can anybody tell me what to expect

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Thanks my friend..

1. Do i need to inform CIC that they are in
canada.?

2. How do I send my passport for stamping if they ask me to send through VFS.?
Yes you can change their address to address in canada and when they send passport request they can submit to ottawa

kuljit

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2014
hello.
my parents in law s extension with super visa is expiring soon.their application is in process.

they got 10 year visa.
in applied status ,r we suppose to apply extension or we can wait?

thank you

Reactions: Laplaguita

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
I have applied for parents 7th june 2019 , fule moved to mississaiga after that i did not get any email or update it still shows in process ! Can anybody tell me what to expect
CPC-M has a very limited staff who's working on PGP. It's very normal not to have any update as of now.

Hopefully, we should hear back within the next 3 months. I am June 07 applicant as well.

You parents are in Canada?

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Hi All

My mother (applicant) and I (sponsor) had applied through a consultant for parental sponsorship in 2019. Later, we submitted the additional documents (police clearance, resume landing fees) before the lockdown. I could not attach her application to the Online login, I believe this was because we had involved a representative.

My mother is in Canada on a visitor visa and we got her visa extended (again through the same consultant). The visitor visa extension application was made Online.

I reached out to the CIC using a webform asking if they have received the documents which the consultant submitted before the lockdown and also to confirm that my mother need not go through the biometric process (she is above 80). I got a long email from CIC highlighting that we need to maintain valid visitor status in Canada and also that the required information cannot be shared with me as I am not my mother’s representative.

I have a few questions:

• Can an applicant have more than one representative (me and the consultant)?
  • Do I need to share the visitor visa extension copy with the CIC? I thought that they would have access to the details of the visitor visa extension online so I did not share the details
  • Is it better to remove the representative now since it is adding layer and I am not sure whether the representative is fully working?

Reactions: imm2019

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
hello.
my parents in law s extension with super visa is expiring soon.their application is in process.

they got 10 year visa.
in applied status ,r we suppose to apply extension or we can wait?

thank you
You need to apply extension before expired

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Oh and if she chooses to not get married, she cannot sponsor someone while being sponsored in the last 3 years
no no thats not that case. she cannot sponsor only if she was herself sponosrd by her spouse, they seperate and then she remarries and want to sponsor her new spouse. then there is 3 years wait.

If she is sponsored under family then she can definately sponsor her spouse once she becomes PR (given they get married after she is PR)

dimbo888

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hello All,

I have a situation and would like some insights to it. My parents get their COPR but didn't do landing yet. I just discovered that under certain criteria children over 22 years old can be added as dependent. It seems my sibling who is above 22 yrs old can be counted as dependent of my parents. Can i reopen application now at this stage and add my sibling to the application?

Thanks a lot.

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hello All,

I have a situation and would like some insights to it. My parents get their COPR but didn't do landing yet. I just discovered that under certain criteria children over 22 years old can be added as dependent. It seems my sibling who is above 22 yrs old can be counted as dependent of my parents. Can i reopen application now at this stage and add my sibling to the application?

Thanks a lot.
No, only under 22 can be added not over unless there's a medical condition that makes them dependent on parents after 22.